WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

best hotel and location for LOTO in May?

riverroyal

Reaction score
RDP experts, if a friend was going to check out LOTO at the end of May where should he stay? Pool, bar, above 3 star.
If this same friend was looking homes under a million where would this guy look?
Thanks

riverroyal

Reaction score
Main channel, where exactly is this?
My research is just starting.
I mean, a friend's research.

I did see Camden looked promising.

I doubt there will be any boating, unless it's a rental to see some things from the water.

Tank

Reaction score
Main channel, where exactly is this?
My research is just starting.
I mean, a friend's research.

I did see Camden looked promising.

I doubt there will be any boating, unless it's a rental to see some things from the water.
Just the main part of the lake instead of back in a cove is what I meant. There will be lots of eye candy in May and it’s still nice to have a nice sweeping view across the lake and watch the boats go by.

Regarding where to buy, you really need to talk to rob or Conner @Apex svt that lives there and is intimate with the area. There’s ups and downs to the various areas. Low level water front, cliffs water front, main channel issues with rough water, then there’s septic and sewage differences, access issues etc etc depending on where you buy. Rob and Conner or someone else that lives there could explain better but it’s worth investigating all angles prior to buying out there.

I’ve watched the market out there past few years. LOTS of varying prices depending on where you buy.

Looking forward to seeing what your friend finds. 😁👍

We’ll be out there in June again for the “don’t call it a cigarette run” run. Can’t wait. I’d love to drag our boat out this summer. Maybe stars will align.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Friend has plans to see places next year. Then make the never coming back to socal leap. This includes havasu, im not going to fly or drive days to havasu.

Lake lanier is on the list. Been 18 years since last trip there.
It's time. Downsize, simplify, take a step off the stress train

575cat

Reaction score
There,s a million place,s to rent , with a boat main channel weekends slipping is rough , weekday not bad .

Tank

Reaction score
Friend has plans to see places next year. Then make the never coming back to socal leap. This includes havasu, im not going to fly or drive days to havasu.

Lake lanier is on the list. Been 18 years since last trip there.
It's time. Downsize, simplify, take a step off the stress train
Rob did it. Left ca. bought a really cool spot in a bay. Been working on making it his own. Living the good life. Only gets dusting of snow usually and only really cold a few weeks a year. July and august is muggy but doable. It would be on hhe extreme short list for us if we were leaving. Only thing that would beat it for us would be south Florida.

But look at the weather comparison there right now. And it’s freakin December. Not that much different that our place here on the beach.

5F6CEDA8-B949-4464-B689-9FD8C4734873.png
826E4344-D79D-462C-B81D-BA5944C63CC0.png

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
RR we have 2 boats & would be happy to take you out several times while your friend is here.
We bought on the quiet end of the lake because we had to have some property & we prefer to visit the craziness, not live in the middle of it.
Performance Boat Center & Redheads have rental houses in their cove so you have front row to amazing hardware.
Please let me know how I can help.
Rob
925-421-five nine six nine

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
This place is not easy to get to if you need to travel for work or play. Springfield, MO airport is 75-100 min away depending where you are & its a small airport. KC & STL airports are roughly 3 hours away.
We absolutely LOVE it here. No traffic, everyone speaks English, neighbors can be too nice at times but thats a great thing, etc. We take our cruiser out every weekend with the eisenglass up

riverroyal

Reaction score
Appreciate the offer! Most likely book the trip this weekend. 75-100 minutes is nothing. Takes me that long getting home from work everyday!
Thanks for the rental tip.
Me and Mrs RR

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
PBC/Redheads is at 21mm & right in the middle of all the action. Fairly easy to get most places by boat or car.
We did a TON of homework on where we wanted to live. We are NOT look at me people & don't care about people watching.
Let me know how we can help

Apex svt

Reaction score
I’d definitely recommend renting a few different spots to get the lay of the land.

Everything varies down there a lot! Find the most important “needs”, certainly give and take everywhere you go.

Rob and us are maybe 10miles apart but couldn’t be more different. He has a super nice flat lot, with flat driveway, can walk to his dock. We’re up on a 100ft cliff with another 100ft of elevation to get to the main road.

Location in relevance to town. It’s a solid 30-35min for us to go to town (Osage/Camdenton). But we also have a nice super market in town, so it’s usually not a huge issue.

Lake location, like Rob mentioned higher the mm the quieter it gets. Around the 30 it seems to calm down and gets calmer the higher up you go. It is nice to be out of the madness.

Main channel vs cove. Main channel usually has a view but the wake is so rough it’s hell on a dock (we currently don’t have one, rent in a cove). Cove protection is awesome for docks/swimming, having people tie off your dock without their boat getting beat.

The list goes on and on. Just a few to get started

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RDP experts, if a friend was going to check out LOTO at the end of May where should he stay? Pool, bar, above 3 star.
If this same friend was looking homes under a million where would this guy look?
Thanks

I would stay at margarita vill.. I know a few realtors that moved out there years ago if you’d like a referral.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
All of the nice hotels are in Osage Beach or Lake Ozark area. I've heard about condos doing vrbo but don't know anything about that, sorry. I haven't done any homework on hotels because we stayed in vrbos on the water while we were looking.
RR, I hope it works out for your friend......