WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best Investments In This Economic Climate??

JENKS

Reaction score
Hi River Dave Peeps,

I know alot of you are ballers! Do you have any recommendations for investing to build wealth in this current economic climate?

Thanks, Ryan

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have limited sub-sonic...only need that for certain "quiet time" projects.

I'm poor, and redneck, I have some silver.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Its quite possible at the rate the stock market is going that it could be a good time to buy in the next couple months. Thats what I'm doing. You can buy 10K in those inflation protected treasuries.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
I like the stock market mgm and rrr and mgp they should do well longterm

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Booze, smokes, oil are holding up so far. MO, PM, TAP

GIS, CPB, and other staple foods like P&G.

VZ should hold steady (people need cell phones and DIV is strong)

The 401k I’m just doing what I’ve done for 22 years, keep investing. Individuals, I’ll buy when I think it’s time. Right now is a blood bath.

Long term, I firmly believe you can’t go wrong dollar cost averaging in a Vanguard S&P 500 Index Fund. Short term will be a bit more tricky to pull a gain without risk. Just my opinion.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Hi River Dave Peeps,

I know alot of you are ballers! Do you have any recommendations for investing to build wealth in this current economic climate?

Thanks, Ryan

Gold is a safe place to put money, after you paid off your primary residence.

Cash flow starts when your mortgage is Zero.

2Driver

Reaction score
For the next 12 months there is serious risk of principal erosion for just about everything.

Im sitting on the sidelines laddering Tbills 3-6-9 and 12 month bills. every 3 months 25% of your money comes back to reinvest into what you feel is prudent at the time. I’m not getting rich, but I won’t be spending the next 10 years trying to get back to even.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Consider what others flee from:
coal
oil
uranium
lead (the commodity not bullets)
tobacco

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Right now I think patience is going to give you the best rate of return. It might seem like a good time to jump in to the stock market and it might be but I would be patient and see what happens over the next couple of months.

If the economy takes a turn and there are layoffs and a recession, be patient and pick up stocks at the bottom and also be patient and wait for real estate deals which will come if we end up in a recession. Just my opinion.