WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

best line upriver?

Tireman

Reaction score
saw some great pics with the good lines up river on here but now that i need them i can find them, if you have one would you post it?
thanks

22Howard

Reaction score
I don't understand the question, but it's probably just me.

waterhorse

Reaction score
I think he's looking for best line as in so he doesn't hit a sandbar or rocks.

22Howard

Reaction score
I think he's looking for best line as in so he doesn't hit a sandbar or rocks.

Oh, if that's it, then I get it. But no help here, I'm a south of the dam kind of guy. Good luck!

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Stay on the AZ side all the way up until your just about even with the reed island, hard left across the bottom of the reed island, and right up the mouth towards the buoy line.. It's worked for me for about 25 years.. Haul ass and trim it high.

westair

Reaction score
Just follow a bigger boat up thru there:D ..... then you kind of get to know it after awhile..

Moabifam5

Reaction score
[
I think what you are referring to is last year about this time, someone posted a photo taken from a plane over that section of the river. The photos showed all the sand bars and 'the line ' I would also like to see it again but can't find. Hope someone can repost..TB

QUOTE=westair;1755275]Just follow a bigger boat up thru there:D ..... then you kind of get to know it after awhile..[/QUOTE]

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Line on the right is trim it high and lift your feet off the floor. The left line is the dredged no wake zone. The line on the right is about 4 ft deep all the way through. Never a problem during this time of the year.

y6y9e8u9.jpg

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
This is the preferred way, if not taking the no wake dredged channel
rivermouth1.jpg

Do not do this.....
rivermouth2.jpg

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Line on the right is trim it high and lift your feet off the floor. The left line is the dredged no wake zone. The line on the right is about 4 ft deep all the way through. Never a problem during this time of the year.

y6y9e8u9.jpg

And I agree... the most important part is to take the pressure off the floor by lifting your feet. I didn't do this once and I could feel that we were plowing through sand. :cool:

fishing fool

Reaction score
The only thing I will add is... Look at the lake water level. I took the line on the right at spring break and hit the sand bar. The lake was about 3' low, the line on the right was only knee deep. Some people were going up WAY on the right. To add I was not the only one who hit it, even a pontoon boat got stopped.

Demoman

Reaction score
I ran through here a few weeks back. I can tell you that the sand bar on the Arizona side is way bigger after the floods last September. I came to a complete stop in the toon running the same route that is marked above. I have followed that same path for years but it is a lot shallower now. I would not roll the dice with the trim it high approach anymore. I used the no wake channel on the Cali side on the way back and had no issues. Seriously it is not the same as in years past.

Tireman

Reaction score
Those pics are just what I was looking for. Thanks!👍🍻

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
I've held my tongue as long as I could, Best line up river, I've got a Boat, A Porsche, and a house at Havasu:D

westair

Reaction score
Ive been up there and have never been able to find the red lines.

lol .... you can study the map but when you get up there you cant tell where the fuk you are:D

2Driver

Reaction score
No kidding Been doing it for 30 years and messed up for the first time 2 years ago

The Lake was at max level but river flow out of Davis was real low. We launched at windsor, I saw the maxed out lake and said this will be a no brainer. Luckily a 26 Hallett stuck it 50 yards in front of me and I only spun the hub in my prop.