WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best new mid size suv for a tall /big driver with a car seat in 2nd row?

DaBank

Reaction score
Our daughter is having our first grand child in a couple of months and is looking for a new suv.
Her husband is 6.2 and 290 pounds and she is not a tiny girl. My question is what mid size suv has enough room to load up a car seat without having to move the front seats all the way up and also be able to drive with the front seats all the way back with the car seat in the second row?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I'm 6'2" 200 with long legs, my girlfriend just got a Mazda CX-5, great car, and tons of leg room.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Car seat goes in the middle not directly behind driver or passenger.

Im 5’10 190 and room in our Durango. But the seats are made for skinny asses. Which I’m not sure 290 falls in that category. So you can rule out Durango’s lol

Hypnautic

Reaction score
6’2” 185
Put our kids in Toyota Sequoia and then an Escalade. Mid size will be to small once all the baby/kid stuff starts getting packed in. Plus if the have another (or twins, like we did) there’s will be zero room.
Just like the boat—buy the biggest you can!
Plus if ever in accident—you want something on more of a truck frame than just a raised Corolla.
My .02

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Atlas cross sport has lots of room in the second row and the seats recline.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
My GX460 seems to have plenty of room. I'm not that big though..

Icky

Reaction score
Car seat goes in the middle not directly behind driver or passenger.

Im 5’10 190 and room in our Durango. But the seats are made for skinny asses. Which I’m not sure 290 falls in that category. So you can rule out Durango’s lol
I agree to rule out the durango if you're putting the seat in the center. With his infant seat it wasn't bad, but now that he has one of those 100 different configuration seats it's not comfortable. I'm 6'2, usually i let her drive and sit in the back with the baby, passenger seat forward. When our lease is up, ill be looking for a different option.

He fits perfectly in the back seat of a mega cab