WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best Route to Havasu

YZFRider

Reaction score
Coming From Mira Loma close to Eliminator, what is the best way to Havasu?

Scott E

Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the 10 East to Ehrenberg, AZ (first exit after river), then Mohave Road up to Parker and then 95 North into Havasu. It's about 20 miles further than the 15/40 route but it is a much easier drive I think.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
I'd go 15 North to the 40 East...........

this is the way i go when i dont have to pick up my boat in parker. when i pick up my boat, i take the 10 to rice road, thru parker and on to havasu.

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
this is the way i go when i dont have to pick up my boat in parker. when i pick up my boat, i take the 10 to rice road, thru parker and on to havasu.
For me it depends.....When I am going to the south of Havasu (Near Dam) I take Rice Road.....I used to go the Ehrenberg route but going up the AZ side you have to contend with the CRIT cops and never know what their "Revenue Generation" plan is at any given time....so I went back to the Rice Road route......just be a little patient and keep it around 70 MPH there and you will be fine.

On the other hand if I am heading to the north side of town I take the 15/40 route and ALWAYS make it a point to stop at the Del Taco in Barstow:thumbsup

But the best way is the route we took last night.....Orange County to Havasu direct.....total time 63 minutes:D

Cheers!

Attachments

• Left Front - (Kx7).jpg
    Left Front - (Kx7).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 388

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
For me it depends.....When I am going to the south of Havasu (Near Dam) I take Rice Road.....I used to go the Ehrenberg route but going up the AZ side you have to contend with the CRIT cops and never know what their "Revenue Generation" plan is at any given time....so I went back to the Rice Road route......just be a little patient and keep it around 70 MPH there and you will be fine.

On the other hand if I am heading to the north side of town I take the 15/40 route and ALWAYS make it a point to stop at the Del Taco in Barstow:thumbsup

But the best way is the route we took last night.....Orange County to Havasu direct.....total time 63 minutes:D

Cheers!

del taco in barstow :thumbsup:bowdown::cool: ... that stop is a MUST

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
From Mira Loma definately 15 / 40 / 95. We are 3:50-4 hours door to door from Anahiem Hills to North side of LHC (no stops or traffic), from where you are at you could make it in @ 3:30.

MedicalPlanQuotes.com / IPhone

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
10 to ehrenburg to mohave rd is nice and flat. Down side is the 55 mph speed limit on mohave rd from the 10 to parker and not knowing when or where the crit pigs are set up.
up side-slow leisurely pace,if ur not in a hurry.

10 to rice is nice cause the sppeds are faster. DOwn side is is the danger level. If u have a blow out at speed and hook the soft shoulder ur fucked. Cell service is suspect and if u breakdown the shoulder is still ur enemy. Also there are no services at all till vidal jct.

Upside- stoppin at one of ROC's joints on the way out.

15 - 40 down side is friday nb cajon traffic and the 40's slow lane between barstow and ludlow is fucked up! More services are avalibke and is patroled way more then the other routes.

Upside to this route is I believe its the fastest into havasu. Spped limits dont change much till u get on the 95. IMO this route is the safer towing route also. 10 to ehrenburg is a close 2nd.

Just my opinions.

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
The best way, is the fastest way. Fuck the safe routes, when I drive somewhere I want to get there as fast as I can despite the risks. I'll roll the dice, it's worked so far.

kevnmcd

Reaction score

We stop at Del Taco going both ways every time!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Always preferred 10 to Desert Center to Parker, unless it's storming,Then go to Blythe up through Erinburgh, But the 40 is faster,just don't like it as much.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the 10 East to Ehrenberg, AZ (first exit after river), then Mohave Road up to Parker and then 95 North into Havasu. It's about 20 miles further than the 15/40 route but it is a much easier drive I think.

+1 if towing.

benefits are numerous

Much cooler(easier on equipment) , much less climbing, much safer NO dead bodies/crosses on the highway. Level ground makes for easier passing and fewer road trains.

If Im not towing Ill take the shorter route through dessert Center.

Uncle Dave

YZFRider

Reaction score
So it sounds like towing go 40 if not go the 10. Thanks!!

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
So it sounds like towing go 40 if not go the 10. Thanks!!

one downside is that Ehrinberg to Parker is fraught with speed traps and one horse towns. Stick to the limit when in town and youll be ok.

Dave

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
The best way, is the fastest way. Fuck the safe routes, when I drive somewhere I want to get there as fast as I can despite the risks. I'll roll the dice, it's worked so far.

x2 and I'm already drinking when I'm driving because I wanna be ready for the party right when I get there. No wasting time. ;):D

That Guy

Rack em'
Reaction score
I did Rice road for years but now do the 15/40 route...I just find it to be an easier drive and I get there just as quick...

BajaMike

Reaction score
I like I-10 to Rice Road, except the gas station with the clean rest rooms isn't open any more in Desert Center..... :-(

:D:champagne:;)

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
x2 and I'm already drinking when I'm driving because I wanna be ready for the party right when I get there. No wasting time. ;):D

uuuhhh yeahhh-

Thing is its not always "faster".

The sobriety/ search checkpoint set up at the border can delay you for an hour. (or an entire weekend if you are drinking and driving)

The line of cars delaying at the stop sign at the border can easily erase the 20 mile difference.

OR you are stuck behind a 60 MPH un passable train for 40 miles.

UD

Last edited:

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
uuuhhh yeahhh-

Thing is its not always "faster".

The sobriety/ search checkpoint set up at the border can delay you for an hour. (or an entire weekend if you are drinking and driving)

The line of cars delaying at the stop sign at the border can easily erase the 20 mile difference.

OR you are stuck behind a 60 MPH un passable train for 40 miles.

UD

I just blow right through the DUI checkpoints. :p

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
i'm usually too coked up to even notice them :p

x2 and then when I get there I jump on my boat and go 100mph through the channel and Thompsons bay so I can get to the Turtle bar. :D

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
You guys should try meth instead of coke.............waaaaaaaaaayyyyy cheaper and you are supporting the local economy :thumbsup

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
You guys should try meth instead of coke.............waaaaaaaaaayyyyy cheaper and you are supporting the local economy :thumbsup

I'm gonna have to try it. Can you give me your hookup's info? :D

UHHH SUCKA

Reaction score
Keep in mind if your leaving on a Friday afternoon on a Holiday weekend, it could take you a good while to get up the pass with all the people rolling out to Vegas also.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
If you're towing and want to minimize fuel use, going thru Ehrenberg is the best way. It's very flat, just set your cruise control to 60mph - lower it to the posted limit when you see the signs thru the small villages - and you'll be set.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I'd go 15 North to the 40 East...........

Yep..I agree.., safest drive. I don't like Rice Rd, or Ehernberg(speed limits), so I stay off the 10fwy.. The 15/40 is the most direct route, otherwise, going through Parker too many signals, one lane highways, and getting stuck behind trucks, motorhomes etc...

Maestro

Reaction score
I always takethe 15/40/95 route. But last trip home the 40 wipe out my trailer tires, badly. made it home but these semi new tires where chewed up so badly from the roads. Wiped the treads off and felt like driving offroad.