WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best Steak Marinade?

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
OK....What is the Best steak marinade y'all suggest?
I am ready to cook a good steak and am tired of the "same ol same ol" tasteless waste :rolleyes

Cajun

Reaction score
I did a filer mignon last night on the stove. A little olive oil in the pan, heat.
Season meat with Montreal steak seasoning, pepper, rosemary. Once the oil is hot, drop the steak, sear for 3 minutes, sear the other side. Add chopped onions, frozen is ok, cover. Mine was thick, so I just kept turning over and at the last 2 minutes, sprinkle crumbled blue cheese, cover and melt. Enjoy.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Salt and pepper or Montreal steak seasoning right before cooking... :D

fmo24

Reaction score
I use Worsteshire, mustard, splash of ketchup and some salt and pepper. No real measuring just taste it as you mix it.

SR

Cajun Member
Reaction score
I use Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing made by KEN'S Steak House,found in the salad dressing isle.I marinate over night if possible..I hit both sides of the steak with a little real butter as soon as each side is seared.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
With the money you save by not buying seasoning, buy a better cut of meat:thumbsup

Personally, it's ribeye for me, medium-rare.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
I get my steaks at the Piggly Wiggly, don't get no better than that! :rolleyes

I apologize if that seemed rude. When I grew up our filets were cooked fast and had BBQ sauce on them. Now when I cook a steak I give myself time and lightly season them. If I have a top sirloin I might soak it in a little of teriyaki for kick and giggles but never try to make a bad steak good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVHCA

Reaction score
I only use olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.

If you need to marinade a steak your probably not buying steak, LOL!!

See above, it's all in how you cook them, turn only once.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
I apologize if that seemed rude. When I grew up our filets were cooked fast and had BBQ sauce on them. Now when I cook a steak I give myself time and lightly season them. If I have a top sirloin I might soak it in a little of teriyaki for kick and giggles but never try to make a bad steak good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG! Now I can appreciate your first post :)

Looks like olive oil, sea salt and fresh pepper and perhaps a little garlic is the way to go! But, still open for suggestions...

rvrmom

Reaction score
http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/07/easy-steak-marinade.html

^^^^ link

I have not tried this but it sure sounded yummy

1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 lb steaks

Whisk together oil, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, mustard, garlic and pepper. Pour over steaks and marinate several hours to overnight in the refrigerator. Grill steaks to desired temperature

bryzmon

Not a Member
Reaction score
So true that a good steak needs nothing, but since your asking about Steak Marinade, have you ever tried the Lawry's Steak Marinade in a packet? You can mix it with water or red wine to kick it up. Don't over marinate, the directions tell you how long, it's great with a cheap cut like london broil done in the oven.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I've researched this over the years and it all depends on the cut and how you're going to cook it.

IF you want a Filet or top cut grilled properly here's the key: High heat

Pile the charcoal, wood in the middle of the grill and let it get as hot as the grill can handle. If the tempo gauge shows 600 deg, you're ready. Wire brush the grill to clean metal. Rub melted butter or good olive oil lightly on both sides of the steak. Season with pepper and seasalt or course salt and place on the grill letting the flame come up. Sear both sides several minutes to the point you like your steak done, let rest 10 minutes and dig in.

The key to the crust is the high heat carmelizing the salt. You need no marinade or steak sauce as the taste is from the natural juices.:thumbsup

FASTJTBT144

Reaction score
Theres a Asada Marinade on here that I use just about every week
I make it and use it on Filets/ Rib eyes/ New yorks its a winner:thumbup:

Hallett270act

Reaction score
I've researched this over the years and it all depends on the cut and how you're going to cook it.

Pile the charcoal, wood in the middle of the grill and let it get as hot as the grill can handle. If the tempo gauge shows 600 deg, you're ready. Wire brush the grill to clean metal. Rub melted butter or good olive oil lightly on both sides of the steak. Season with pepper and seasalt or course salt and place on the grill letting the flame come up. Sear both sides several minutes to the point you like your steak done, let rest 10 minutes and dig in.

The key to the crust is the high heat carmelizing the salt. You need no marinade or steak sauce as the taste is from the natural juices.:thumbsup

Exactly how I do it too. Turns out amazing every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Salt is a rock, you can't caramelize it. :D

The salt brings moisture to the surface of the meat. The fats and carbohydrates in the moisture is what creates the crust.

Alton Brown has a method of cooking a Porter House I've always wanted to try. He cooks the steak by placing it beneath the chimney starter. The coals get extremely hot and it's like a mini broiler... Filets are best cooked in a cast iron skillet with butter.

relaxalot

Reaction score
Coffee(YES COFFEE!!!) Brown Sugar, Kosher Salt rub..

This is the best rub for steak!!! Try it. If you don't like it there is a double your money back guarantee!! I know it sounds weird.. but it is sooo good!

1/4 cup freshly ground coffee
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper

Dry steak with paper towels coat liberally with rub just prior to cooking. Cook the steak on the grill or in a pan. This will make a tasty crust that everyone loves. There is no real coffee taste.. Give it a go for the 4th!