WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best Tritoon for the money?

BWT

Reaction score
I don't want to spend 80k on a triton but I want one that will get out of its own way and is put together well. what have you guys found?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
either one, I would like to get a outboard. I leave the boat in the water all the time.

Horizon has a pretty trick play craft for 65. It is pretty custom the way it's setup

HavaToon

Reaction score
Crest IMG_3749.jpg

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Not sure its the best , but its not the worst.... a suncatcher G3 that is guaranteed to do 40+ with a Yamaha 150Vmax.

I have an apt Friday morning at 10am ...all the paperwork and funds are in place, if it really does perform that well I will bring it home.

Well under 50k for a brand new boat motor and trailer...23'ft tri toon.

This is a second boat for our family so I may not be as discriminating as some on this topic.

HavaToon

Reaction score
That is nice.. What motor and how fast does it run?

Verado 250. Best ever has been 45mph but it will do 40-42 all the time and cruises perfect at 35mph through any water havasu has.

BWT

Reaction score
Verado 250. Best ever has been 45mph but it will do 40-42 all the time and cruises perfect at 35mph through any water havasu has.

How do you like the floor vs carpet? does it get gritty? What model did you get? sorry for all the questions I appreciate all the info.

HavaToon

Reaction score
How do you like the floor vs carpet? does it get gritty? What model did you get? sorry for all the questions I appreciate all the info.

Model is Caribbean 250. Love the floors over carpet, would never do carpet after having them. No the floors don't get gritty and I have a 3 year tracking sand and dropping food.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thanks,I didn't see it on there site is it new or used?

I crawled around every brand before buying the crest, IMO it is better rigged than JC, Avalon, Premier and is equal to Bennington.

If you look them up the are to oldest pontoon company still building boats.

Some more pics View attachment 570545 View attachment 570546 View attachment 570547

What does that go for approx? I saw the boat show special on the Savannah earlier this year, and it was aggressive pricing.. but now they say the MSRP is 101,000 on the same boat I looked at for 25% less earlier this year! I'd love to get something just like the one you have, or the Savannah.

RD

underpressure

Reaction score
Kind of partial to my 24ft Southbay...350 Verado, will do 50-52 if you want to. Comfortable cruising speed about 33-35....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 775

HavaToon

Reaction score
What does that go for approx? I saw the boat show special on the Savannah earlier this year, and it was aggressive pricing.. but now they say the MSRP is 101,000 on the same boat I looked at for 25% less earlier this year! I'd love to get something just like the one you have, or the Savannah.

RD

I scored it used with 15hrs for $55k

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I scored it used with 15hrs for $55k

Where the fuck did you find that???? I have been scouring the damn earth for a clean reverse lounger toon and I'm dead convinced there isn't any out there.. and the couple that are, a million miles away and want a million bucks for them..

I'm buying a 07 South Bay (granted low hours and I/O) for basically 50!

HavaToon

Reaction score
Where the fuck did you find that???? I have been scouring the damn earth for a clean reverse lounger toon and I'm dead convinced there isn't any out there.. and the couple that are, a million miles away and want a million bucks for them..

I'm buying a 07 South Bay (granted low hours and I/O) for basically 50!

It's a 2015 and I bought last summer out of golden shores/topock. Searched Craigslist daily and had cash in hand.

HavaToon

Reaction score
You got very lucky.

Yes I did and it came with 6 months free storage. God must have felt bad for me when I got rid of the Nordic after 3 seasons and figured I deserved the deal of a lifetime.

Checkmate21

Reaction score
I just bought a new Suntracker 24 xp3 with a 150 Mercury 4 stroke. Boat, cover, Lawrence meter and smart gauge was $35,950 plus Ca T&L. I did not get a trailer since it will be kept in the marina at Big Bear lake. My old Suntracker was a 1984 that was kept in the water since 1995. (22 years). It was in great shape when I sold it. I could not see spending a ton of money on something that sits in the water or is covered in snow all of its life. I actually got the idea from RD when I read his boat show review. He said something like the Suntrackers are cheap enough that if it gets trashed, just buy a new one. Sounded like a great idea to me. At Big Bear Lake, (6750ft) it runs about 28 mph.

If I was buying a tritoon that was kept on a trailer and not kept in the water, there is only one brand that I really liked. That would be a CREST!!! I was just too cheap to spend the extra money on something that nice to keep in the water.

If the kids want to ski, they can use my Checkmate.

toyaddiction

Reaction score
IMG_4115.jpg IMG_4125.jpg
I just bought a new Suntracker 24 xp3 with a 150 Mercury 4 stroke. Boat, cover, Lawrence meter and smart gauge was $35,950 plus Ca T&L. I did not get a trailer since it will be kept in the marina at Big Bear lake. My old Suntracker was a 1984 that was kept in the water since 1995. (22 years). It was in great shape when I sold it. I could not see spending a ton of money on something that sits in the water or is covered in snow all of its life. I actually got the idea from RD when I read his boat show review. He said something like the Suntrackers are cheap enough that if it gets trashed, just buy a new one. Sounded like a great idea to me. At Big Bear Lake, (6750ft) it runs about 28 mph.

If I was buying a tritoon that was kept on a trailer and not kept in the water, there is only one brand that I really liked. That would be a CREST!!! I was just too cheap to spend the extra money on something that nice to keep in the water.

If the kids want to ski, they can use my Checkmate.

We just took delivery of a Playcraft 250 Infinity with a 250 Verado for Big Bear from Horizon. Out the door with a trailer it was $77,000.00. I agree its hard leaving something brand new and nice in a slip all summer. I looked for a used triton but in the end decided to purchase my first new boat. I have owned other peoples problem used boats for 30 years and it was nice ordering exactly what we want with a warranty. The one thing nice about the Verado is it runs 42 on Lake Havasu and 42 on Big Bear. No power loss. I do like the foam filled toons on the Playcraft since my wife, kids and friends will be crashing it into the dock.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I believe Avalon is the best, but I also own one. I compared it to Bennington, Southbay and playcraft. In my opinion it is better. I looked at welds and tooling more than how the stuff is bolted together. They are all modular. I shopped for a solid year.
Hard to find a clean used one. (everything is for sale;))
2015%20Ambassador%20Rear%20Lounge%2072021%209.jpg

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I believe Avalon is the best, but I also own one. I compared it to Bennington, Southbay and playcraft. In my opinion it is better. I looked at welds and tooling more than how the stuff is bolted together. They are all modular. I shopped for a solid year.
View attachment 570719

PM me your price. Now that I'm in NC... Most likely too $ to ship.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
That is a nice looking pontoon RR. I enjoy bring out standups on mine and essentially my family and friends demo ours. Getting something even close to on par with the boats in the thread would drive me crazy.

riverroyal

Reaction score
That is a nice looking pontoon RR. I enjoy bring out standups on mine and essentially my family and friends demo ours. Getting something even close to on par with the boats in the thread would drive me crazy.

I wanted less maintenance on the cleaning part but Im admittedly uptight about keeping things clean. The idea of getting a toon for less work just doesn't fit my personality, so Im always cleaning. Its never been beached on gravel or when theres wake. Never stayed in the water over night.

Only 50 hours on it so far. First service isn't until 100. That part is killer! We had Car Toyz do the audio, it came out great. Pretty cool you can blast tunes with the silent Verado at 40mph.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
View attachment 570719

I like the Avalon look as well but we have been so well taken care of by Bennington it would be hard to change. Plus I've heard a few things about the Havasu dealer for Avalon.

guest hs

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the South Bay line? We are considering taking them on.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
I like the Avalon look as well but we have been so well taken care of by Bennington it would be hard to change. Plus I've heard a few things about the Havasu dealer for Avalon.

We picked up our Avalon last month,and the dealer was, is, and continues to be awesome. Very accommodating, and the transaction was very smooth.
Curious as to what you "heard"?

TCHB

Reaction score
I have had a Bennington and Playcraft. The Playcraft rides much more solid through the rough water with zero rattles or flex. The Bennington had a nicer interior if you like all the frills.

If I was going to buy a new one it would be a 22 to 24 ft Playcraft with a 400 on the back. I do not need all the room of the larger boats.

riverroyal

Reaction score

I know all the stories. Both sides.
I cant say enough positive things about the havasu dealer. My buying and continued experience are amazing. Not a single issue. Id buy or consign with them anytime I was in need. I drive right by west marine to buy vinyl cleaner from the dealer just to give my continued business there.

Id like to say Avalons warranty is top notch but I haven't needed to use it! Merc had a warranty and the dealer took care of it, even picked up and dropped off while I was home.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Steve. When you going to be in Havasu again? We should have a mini Avalon regatta! All two of us! Lol

riverroyal

Reaction score
im probably going this weekend, should know more tonight. I have a 4 day weekend, may as well take advantage. The following weekend we are supposed to go, working on a dog sitter now!
2 boat regatta would be great!

MrMayhem

Reaction score
im probably going this weekend, should know more tonight. I have a 4 day weekend, may as well take advantage. The following weekend we are supposed to go, working on a dog sitter now!
2 boat regatta would be great!

We are going up the 5th, through the 10th.
Txt me if you are there.
909-912-4495

RaceTec

Reaction score
VERY happy with out Suntracker 22XP3, thing runs strong, pulls anything, and sips fuel!

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I looked at multiple brands and models also along with a lot of internet review. Settled on the Avalon for a variety of reasons, retro style, build quality, member recommendations, dealer experience, etc... no matter which brand you go with you will be happy with the toon experience. They are a lot of fun on the water.

Attachments

• 20160705_085712.jpg
    20160705_085712.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 475

MrMayhem

Reaction score
I looked at multiple brands and models also along with a lot of internet review. Settled on the Avalon for a variety of reasons, retro style, build quality, member recommendations, dealer experience, etc... no matter which brand you go with you will be happy with the toon experience. They are a lot of fun on the water.

This!!!

And don't forget to load up on the stereo!