WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best Tritoon for the money?

outboardrick

Reaction score
Why are we trying to make our toons go faster? I like mine at about 30-35 mph and set the stereo on kill. It's a great experience.

Agreed, mine spends 99.9% of it's time at 28-32. It's nice to have more speed ability but I still wouldn't drive any faster.

underpressure

Reaction score
Why are we trying to make our toons go faster? I like mine at about 30-35 mph and set the stereo on kill. It's a great experience.

^^^
This....it's a friggin 'toon:D

Although, I've already caught myself several times saying "look how fast that toon is going"...must be a guy thing...

MrMayhem

Reaction score
^^^

Although, I've already caught myself several times saying "look how fast that toon is going"...must be a guy thing...

Lol. I have said that occasionally. Actually raced (well a toon race) a Bennington a few weeks ago. Smoked him by maybe 2mph. I had one Bimini up, he had two. I said to my wife, "we are in a race". She went back to her wine.

outboardrick

Reaction score
Lol. I have said that occasionally. Actually raced (well a toon race) a Bennington a few weeks ago. Smoked him by maybe 2mph. I had one Bimini up, he had two. I said to my wife, "we are in a race". She went back to her wine.

Lol, pontoon races are some of the most fun I've had in boats :D

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Bizarre how im constantly messing with engine height on my Daytona to get every last mile per hour but never even considered it on the toon, I need to check it out. Im at 42 all in, best case scenario, light load, with current. Not bad for a 200 verado, the boat is a Bennigton Q23, which measures 24.5 feet long. The boat has all of the performance upgrades, eliptical center toon, lifting strakes, covered floor, etc., so I guess thats why it hauls ass at 42. No matter how many people and coolers I put in it, it will never fall below 34.

Also the Q has the sloped front end, so my drag coefficient is much better than most toons which is also helping get into the big numbers :)

47101351-BFBA-4928-84E6-87DBA4D06D2D.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
^^^

My wife has even said that a couple times.. they ended up being toons with dual OBs.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Bizarre how im constantly messing with engine height on my Daytona to get every last mile per hour but never even considered it on the toon, I need to check it out. Im at 42 all in, best case scenario, light load, with current. Not bad for a 200 verado, the boat is a Bennigton Q23, which measures 24.5 feet long. The boat has all of the performance upgrades, eliptical center toon, lifting strakes, covered floor, etc., so I guess thats why it hauls ass at 42. No matter how many people and coolers I put in it, it will never fall below 34.

Also the Q has the sloped front end, so my drag coefficient is much better than most toons which is also helping get into the big numbers :)

View attachment 571895

Walt, you said earlier you were going to be posting this one for sale, What's next?

milkmoney

Reaction score
Well yopengo, did u make the offer ????[emoji202]

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
My wife has even said that a couple times.. they ended up being toons with dual OBs.

If we buy another pontoon it will have dual OB's. I might just buy another Skater though, and go back to having two boats. MSRP on a loaded Bennington with twin Verado's is north of 160K. I don't know if I could drop that much cash on a boat that will just break 70. Lol...

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Walt, you said earlier you were going to be posting this one for sale, What's next?

We are selling our two homes in Havasu and building one so I will be without an rv garage for the better part of a year. Once the house is done we will get another toon.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
This weekend in Havasu we were parked next to a big red / black pontoon with an I/0. The size of the thru transom exhaust caught my eye first....then the NXT drive. Guys said it had a 700sci in it!!!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This weekend in Havasu we were parked next to a big red / black pontoon with an I/0. The size of the thru transom exhaust caught my eye first....then the NXT drive. Guys said it had a 700sci in it!!!
Horizon had that one for awhile. Interested to know what it runs.

sirbob

Reaction score
I see a few people commenting on the dealer experience...

Makes me wonder, when I bought the last couple of boats I've purchased I did so through the builder and had it custom built.

It seems like Toons are all bought through a dealer -

Would you rather buy direct? What does a dealer do for you that a direct custom purchase doesn't ?

What's the perfect "model" of purchasing?

warlock250

Reaction score
I see a few people commenting on the dealer experience...

Makes me wonder, when I bought the last couple of boats I've purchased I did so through the builder and had it custom built.

It seems like Toons are all bought through a dealer -

Would you rather buy direct? What does a dealer do for you that a direct custom purchase doesn't ?

What's the perfect "model" of purchasing?
You can't buy a Tritoon from any of the top builders in the Tritoon world.

warlock250

Reaction score
You can't buy a Tritoon from any of the top builders in the Tritoon world.
You have to buy through a dealership and the main reason for that is when you have questions or need something handled your dealer will be happy to help with after sale issues. If you buy from an out of state dealer to save a few grand and it has warranty issues you will be put on the very back burner if you are lucky.

riverroyal

Reaction score
You have to buy through a dealership and the main reason for that is when you have questions or need something handled your dealer will be happy to help with after sale issues. If you buy from an out of state dealer to save a few grand and it has warranty issues you will be put on the very back burner if you are lucky.

buy local.....saving a few thousand never pays off in the long run.

sirbob

Reaction score
So if I bought my toon in Indiana and was running it in Havasu and my merc 300 outboard started backfiring when it was 3 months old...

I wouldn't get good service if I went to a merc authorized service center under warranty?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So if I bought my toon in Indiana and was running it in Havasu and my merc 300 outboard started backfiring when it was 3 months old...

I wouldn't get good service if I went to a merc authorized service center under warranty?

No

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score

I would certainly hope so. I never towed my Hallett back to the manufacture.

The guy accepted my cash offer.

2015 Avalon Catalina (mid range amenities) same build platform as the top of the line models. Mercury 250 Verado with under 75 hours, Tritoon, upgraded JL audio system, blue under lights... Tandem axel trailer and full mooring cover for under 40K.

Looks like this with two-tone sides and the Merc hanging off the back.

I can give two shits about top speed but it should hit 45 +. Along as I'm faster than my last toon.

avalon-catalina-quad-lounge-26-pontoon-boat-image-1-2014.jpg

These colors:

avalon_catalina-cruise-2016-1.jpg

outboardrick

Reaction score

2015 Avalon Catalina (mid range amenities) same build platform as the top of the line models. Mercury 250 Verado with under 75 hours, Tritoon, upgraded JL audio system, blue under lights... Tandem axel trailer and full mooring cover for under 40K.

I can give two shits about top speed but it should hit 45 +. Along as I'm faster than my last toon.

View attachment 572075

These colors:

View attachment 572077

Sweet :thumbsup:thumbsup

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Congrats! I just paid 79k for damn near the exact same boat! You scored.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Don't think momma would ever let me sell it.

You in town this weekend?

yes. tomorrow night til Monday, I know sunday we are headed to pirates to see some family staying up there. Be on a beach up there all day I would think.
760 519 6575, steve

MrMayhem

Reaction score
yes. tomorrow night til Monday, I know sunday we are headed to pirates to see some family staying up there. Be on a beach up there all day I would think.
760 519 6575, steve

Ok cool. We may just do a Springs run and stay south on Sat, so maybe we can have our two boat regatta that day! I'll let you know. Eric and Des.

riverroyal

Reaction score
sounds good, we are heading south Saturday Im sure. Springs is prob the destination, or close to it. 1st trip with both my sons this summer, oldest works too much.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I am starting to feel like there is a brotherhood of toonage developing across a wide spectrum of boaters. What next? Toon regatta? Race to the first card stop?

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

View attachment 572075

These colors:

View attachment 572077

Congrats on your pick up. Should be a lot of family fun involved there.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

Sure you would.

DLC

Reaction score
My wife and I really like the laid back toon style, I've been looking for quite some time and the used market just gets snapped up so fast. So in February we ordered a new Crest 3, 24 ft toon, added a merc 350 Verado!
We are so excited.

eta for delivery was Arpril 17 ish, but there was a delay at the furniture factory ( Lexiton) had a duct fire of some sort and has had major delays for all the higher end toon furniture, this sent all the boat manufacturers scrambling for furniture.

Any way long story short our boat is in and has some tweaks to work out so we pick it up in the standard "2 weeks"

We should plan a toon weekend or an RDP event!

I'll post pics when I actually get my boat!

DLC

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
My wife and I really like the laid back toon style, I've been looking for quite some time and the used market just gets snapped up so fast. So in February we ordered a new Crest 3, 24 ft toon, added a merc 350 Verado!
We are so excited.

eta for delivery was Arpril 17 ish, but there was a delay at the furniture factory ( Lexiton) had a duct fire of some sort and has had major delays for all the higher end toon furniture, this sent all the boat manufacturers scrambling for furniture.

Any way long story short our boat is in and has some tweaks to work out so we pick it up in the standard "2 weeks"

We should plan a toon weekend or an RDP event!

I'll post pics when I actually get my boat!

DLC

Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the exclusive club of toon coolness. Great motor choice. Love my 350, so quiet and power is fine for a loaded down boat.

warlock250

Reaction score

Warranty issues don't always include a motor issue. So like I said before buy local so you will have after sale support.

warlock250

Reaction score

Do you live in Indiana.

warlock250

Reaction score
Heres mine I have coming in this next week. It for sale if anyone wants a Bad Ass Toon. Twin 400R VERADOS IMG_20170630_095208_245.jpg Resized95.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score

View attachment 572075

These colors:

View attachment 572077
Perfect, now I got peeps in north and south Carolina with homes and boats,
Oh ya I like Coors light too, might as well add vodka to the mix, and John u know I like Mexican food lol
[emoji6] [emoji202]

sirbob

Reaction score
Warranty issues don't always include a motor issue. So like I said before buy local so you will have after sale support.

I get that - I just said Merc engine because there are so many authorized Merc. dealers in every boating area.

Do you live in Indiana.

No - But if your implying that I will not get good service (on say a broken latch or a split in the seat cushion that clearly was missed stitched) unless I bought the boat from the local dealer, I think that's a manufacturer issue. As in, if I was the manufacturer I'd pull their dealership if they only provided good service to people that actually bought from them.

I would think a warranty issue on typical stuff that might be covered would be paid by the manufacturer - what difference does it make where you bought it if they get paid the same?

I bought a car at Irivine BMW - I got WAY better service at BMW of Beverly Hills.

I bough my Porsche from Dallas - Newport Beach Porsche treats me like gold when I walk in.

Etc.

Now I don't expect a random dealer to give me free beach towels or other free giveaways - But I would expect the same level of warranty service if I bring their brand boat to a local dealer.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I get that - I just said Merc engine because there are so many authorized Merc. dealers in every boating area.

No - But if your implying that I will not get good service (on say a broken latch or a split in the seat cushion that clearly was missed stitched) unless I bought the boat from the local dealer, I think that's a manufacturer issue. As in if I was the manufacturer I'd pull their dealership if they only provided good service to people that actually bought from them.

I would think a warranty issue on typical stuff that might be covered would be paid by the manufacturer - what difference does it make where you bought it if they get paid the same?

I bought a car at Irivine BMW - I got WAY better service at BMW of Beverly Hills.

I bough my Porsche from Dallas - Newport Beach Porsche treats me like gold when I walk in.

Etc.

Now I don't expect a random dealer to give me free beach towels or other free giveaways - But I would expect the same level of warranty service if I bring their brand boat to a local dealer.
How I agree with your post. I have had dealers ( automotive) tell me that they do fix item, but if they are busy with customers vehicles, u be at the back of the line but will fix it.

I don't think it's right. There,are many reasons why a person didn't buy from that dealer. Not only cause it was cheaper elsewhere
[emoji202]

sirbob

Reaction score
Or lets talk boats more specially -

My current boat was built in So Cal by Ultra / John West. I had a hydraulic line pop on my hatch when the boat was a month old. I called John and he said go see AJ at Barrett (boat was in Havasu).

I did - he fixed it on the spot while I waited. I don't think he ever billed John(?)

AJ took care of me - He has done every annual service since that day and I have had him do other work for me. I am now his customer. He did not sell me the boat - he is just a authorized service center.

I'm happy I get my work done / he's happy to have my business.

All that said - I would not expect or even think to ask a local dealer to handle a punch list from a new delivery that just came to me from another part of the country. That's between me and the selling dealer.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Thats NICE!

I'm confused - did you just buy it or are you selling it? Possibly just joking (in light of earlier thread comments?)

Yes.

I think that was code for - I bought it barely used for a screaming deal somewhere else and am going to use it until it sells for a healthy profit here on the West Coast.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

This exactly what happened with my Forest River RV. No dealer will touch it. Manufacture has a third party repair facility. Complete freakin joke.

You can take a Chevy to any Chevy dealer. But you can not take A Forest River to any Forest River dealer, even though the website says that you can. I called them out on it and they clammed up.

ClownRoyal

Reaction score

The dude is putting a Stage 3 whipple on it. I guess that will make it about an 850.

warlock250

Reaction score
The dude is putting a Stage 3 whipple on it. I guess that will make it about an 850.
He's gonna need it if he wants it in the 70s. My last twin 400 Berkshire 27' ran 77 mph with 4 adults on board.
This new one should see 77 to 78 maybe a little more with propping.
57a786d806d12326e92adb610d8cc008.jpg