WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Best way from river into havasu?

GR8WHITE

Reaction score
Hey guys its been years since I have gone from the river to havasu but I am bringing a bunch of friends of mine up there the weekend after next and they wanns see the london bridge. For the life of me I can't find the damn thread that I saw before that showed some of the shallower places to stay away from. Never a big deal before but I have a deep v on my shockwave and just wanted to be safer rather than sorry. BTW this summer is the first time I bought some polarized sun glasses and damn that really helps with reading the river depth, its almost like you can see through the water.:D

Last edited:

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Hey guys its been years since I have gone from the river to havasu but I am bringing a bunch of friends of mine up there the weekend after next and they wanns see the london bridge. For the life of me I can't find the damn thread that I saw before that showed some of the shallower places to stay away from. Never a big deal before but I have a deep v on my shockwave and just wanted to be safer rather than sorry. BTW this summer is the first time I bought some polarized sun glasses and damn that really helps with reading the river depth, its almost like you can see through the water.:D

I've been using the Az side for a long time now. Staying about 50 yards off of the island. I also have the polarized lenses and was just telling the wife that I think they make the ride through that spot more nerve wracking than it needs to be. I see too much with them, and frankly once you've chosen your line, seeing some shallow spot just ahead isn't going to do you much good.

Fury25

Reaction score
I've been using the Az side for a long time now. Staying about 50 yards off of the island.

I do the same plus I try and fallow some one else line, if they don't hit than I shouldn't either.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I was just out there on Friday. Water is so high you probably won't have a problem.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I was just out there on Friday. Water is so high you probably won't have a problem.

Ya, there's that too. Water's been way up last couple of times I've been through. You'd almost have to try to miss the good line.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
:D Trim high and Fly.:thumbsup

Attachments

• DSC03933.jpg
    DSC03933.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC03935.jpg
    DSC03935.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0832.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 249
  • Waynes Boat 190.jpg
    Waynes Boat 190.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 250

WTDecker

Reaction score
The third pic really shows the deeper water, right next to the reed island, left (east) side of the reed island. You can see how the sand bar (south) off the reed island fish hooks toward the AZ. side.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Last weekend I said F it and went straight instead of the usual zig zag thing, no issues.

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score
I'll report back a little later. Heading to PC for drinks, lunch, and drinks. :D

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
Trim high and throttle down! The first couple times through there with my last 2 boats I was nervous but never had any issues. Just don't let up from the throttle. :D

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Trim high and throttle down! The first couple times through there with my last 2 boats I was nervous but never had any issues. Just don't let up from the throttle. :D

And don't stand up and look into the water. It looks like you're going over some huge rocks and you're gonna hit bottom :skull