WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Beyond Meat!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Any of you guys get in on it yesterday?

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
13151394_10154212061942193_8258600245896148454_n.jpg.8712172bf7ed933377f5acdc7d2f24b9.jpg

bocco

Reaction score
No but I did hear about it on the news. Just my opinion but I don't think it will hold the price.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
I picked this up at the store, It's actuality very good with cheese on it. It is good if you're looking for a healthier alternative, this plant-based burger is a good change of pace because if your eating a lot of well-done or barbecued meats has been linked to increased risk for colon cancer. I think you can buy this at Carl’s Jr.

GRADS

Reaction score
I picked this up at the store, It's actuality very good with cheese on it. It is good if you're looking for a healthier alternative, this plant-based burger is a good change of pace because if your eating a lot of well-done or barbecued meats has been linked to increased risk for colon cancer. I think you can buy this at Carl’s Jr.
Interesting. I'll be honest, I had never heard of it before a few days ago. I guess they sell it at Carls Jr., Del Taco and A&W. Normally I'm not into this stuff but because of my prostate issues I need to cut back on my red meat intake. From what I have heard it seems to be a pretty good alternative.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I've had it. It taste good. Unfortunately I dont doubt it's better for you than some fast food 'beef'.

GRADS

Reaction score
The stock is up 175% in two days.:eek:

beertruck

Reaction score
I tried impossible burgers ( a competitor of beyond beef) a few weeks ago for testing in my restaurants, and it was actually very good. I am definitely not one of those earthy crunchy vegan types, but this is the closet you will get to a actual burger. It has the same texture and mouth feel as a burger, and has the same char grilled taste as well. They are definitely not cheap though. My price was $10 a pound vs about $2.50 a pound I pay for a burger.
I think most restaurant using them are uncharging $3. for them, and heard it will be around $1 more in the fast food market BK is planning to go national with the impossible burgers

Andy B.

Reaction score
Don't kid yourself guys it's full of so many preservatives and fillers that aren't on the label bottom line a burger you cook on your own grill made from at least 90% lean meat is still better for you. It's still fast food don't mean to be a downer but it's all pretty much crap.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
The stock is up 175% in two days.:eek:

the only ones who've made ~175% are the investment bankers (IPO price). It's only up ~54% from the opening price (shares the common stockholder was able to buy). On the whole, IPO's are a bad investment out of the gate. Maybe a day trade or so, but most decline in short order.

GRADS

Reaction score
the only ones who've made ~175% are the investment bankers (IPO price). It's only up ~54% from the opening price (shares the common stockholder was able to buy). On the whole, IPO's are a bad investment out of the gate. Maybe a day trade or so, but most decline in short order.
True, but still not bad for 2 days.

caribbean20

Reaction score
Any of you guys get in on it yesterday?
Wife and I are trading it. Got in yesterday at 66 and change, sold today at 71, back in later around 68. We think there may be a pop next week after more discussion about it this weekend, but who knows. After we saw the IPO on CNBC, did some research and think this one has legs, especially with the millennials. Then heard some advertisements from Del Taco and others touting the meat substitute.

BTW, AAPL is our biggest position:)

RCDave

Reaction score
I tried a one of these burgers today at Carls Jr.. Tastes and smells terrible. Last one I'll ever have.

A burger is by definition not the healthiest choice. Trying to make one so, makes it worth the time and effort to just choose better/healthier food.

caribbean20

Reaction score
I tried a one of these burgers today at Carls Jr.. Tastes and smells terrible. Last one I'll ever have.

A burger is by definition not the healthiest choice. Trying to make one so, makes it worth the time and effort to just choose better/healthier food.
Oh geez, thanks for the heads up. Have not yet tried the product. If its that crappy, adios BYND.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The crumbles are good and it seems ya use half what the meat recipe calls for.

The patties stink us out of the house.
Brutal smell and it lingers.

Their chicken strips don’t work at all.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Interesting. I'll be honest, I had never heard of it before a few days ago. I guess they sell it at Carls Jr., Del Taco and A&W. Normally I'm not into this stuff but because of my prostate issues I need to cut back on my red meat intake. From what I have heard it seems to be a pretty good alternative.

They have been trying to sell it and push it out here for awhile now.. I had assumed it was everywhere?

Short answer is no, I won't eat it.

RD

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Short answer is no, I won't eat it.
That’s my initial reaction as well.
I’ll probably try it once, to see for myself.
I abstained from sushi until well into my 40s because I thought fire was invented to cook meat, in particular fish! Steak is fine bloody Lol.
As it turns out sushi is fuckin awesome, so I can’t not try food anymore. :)

nameisbond

Reaction score
I abstained from sushi until well into my 40s because I thought fire was invented to cook meat, in particular fish! Steak is fine bloody Lol.

I like my steaks still walking, actually burgers too. I love sushi (actually like sashimi the most), so much so I can't eat cooked fish now.

RCDave

Reaction score

Believe me this......Sushi tastes 10,000 times better than the veggie burger dung.....Don't bother, unless you like to eat something that smells like a bucket of buttholes!

RCDave

Reaction score
A little comedic context.....

Just think of this, the smell you smell is connected directly to the taste buds sensors. So when you drive by a milk farm and smell the Shiat, your actually tasting it.....

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
My chick is a non meat eater. The impossible burger is crazy it fucking even bleeds like real meat when cooking. Haven’t tried the burgers myself. But I’ve had the beyond meat crumbles she uses for tacos w seasoning and it’s good. Like my diet consists of 80% plus red meat and I’ll eat it and can’t even tell the difference.

Couple years ago during annual 4th party we had a batch sitting inside for the dirty vegans. Well later in the night the real meat was gone. Peeps started going inside and coming out with plates of it asking what the hell kind of meat this is, because it’s good, Lmao
Uhhhhh it’s not meat, lol

Last edited:

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I dont subscribe to any of those "special" diets. Mine consists of about 50% pork vs all other proteins and a fare amount of carbs. All other food groups are minimal. I do ok and eat what I feel tastes best! If I die young, fuck it. Quality over quantity right?!

I would like to let the vegans on this board know, all 2 of you, that vegan alternatives kill more animals than real meat. Agriculture demands on water world wide lead to more wild animal mortality than bullets and lightning sticks combined.

Mmmmmmmmmm. Meat!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Why do vegans love complicated shit that’s supposed to look and taste just like meat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nameisbond

Reaction score
I like real meat too much to try it. One of the things I hate about my province is all the restaurants think its illegal to serve med rare burgers, all cook well done. I miss going out and getting a rare burger. My diet lately is mostly sushi (sashimi) and rolls. My older brother's (1970) best friend since kindergarten is Japanese. So we've been eating sushi since the 1970's and before it was popular. If I cut out red meat, Id learn to make my own Japanese food!

GRADS

Reaction score
I like meat as much as the next guy but there comes a time in your life when cutting back on it just makes sense. I'm looking forward to trying one of these plant based ones.

hallett21

Reaction score
Had one at “the counter” the impossible burger. It was damn good. You can’t expect fast food versions to come even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
This stupid F'in stock is at $88 a share today.:eek:

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
I like meat as much as the next guy but there comes a time in your life when cutting back on it just makes sense. I'm looking forward to trying one of these plant based ones.

Hey Grads

How’s your health lately? Are you feeling better? Did the prostate surgery take care of everything? Serious question. Although you have a very twisted political view I don’t like seeing any of us here having health problems.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Del Taco screwed up and put that shit in my burrito last week and it tasted like shit, there is no substitute for beef or pork for that matter, Turkey bacon SMH.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Why the fuck would a non vegan even try that shit? If you can’t eat beef, try turkey, even salmon is a better option than shit that needs chemicals to “bleed” like beef. Soy is awful for you too. I don’t understand the vegan deal to begin with. If you want to be second tier on the food chain, fine. Eat your chemical infused shit, you’ll still die sooner than the meat eaters. That’s just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk