WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Biden’s announces plan to solve supply chain issues -finally

ikester

Reaction score
We have to get rid of these fucking so-called leaders. They can't lead us and we are living it !!!

Wedgy

Reaction score
"This just ain't riiight. I think I'm gonna go home and punch Yo Mama in the mouth."

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score

c_land

Reaction score
a0tb7y1u9nu71.png

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I heard they're up over 100 ships waiting now.
What a mess . . . . just goes to show how powerful the longshoreman's union is.
Apparently the LB /LA Ports are considered highly inefficient in terms of 'automation' . . . workers don't want to be replaced by robots & rightfully so . . . but it comes at the cost of efficiency.
Also, from my understanding (and i could very well be wrong) non-union truckers are not allowed on areas of the port to haul containers, so that can't help speed up the process. There's a lot more going on down there than meets the eye. I can tell you this, I've been down there in my boat recently and they aren't any 'busier' at the various terminals than any time in the past . . . but there are massive amounts of containers stacked-up higher & deeper than I've ever seen before.
Something doesn't add up.

johnnyC

Reaction score
just heard from a hunting buddy of mine, he sells on average 20 to 25 new kenworths each month, he is now been limited to sell 14 new kenworths between now and december 2022 and all new truck orders have been canceled because the factory dosent know how much to charge due to shipping delays and unavalibity of components and the addition of another exaust after treatment..... expect 25,000 to 50,000 more per truck.......o by the way he wont sell a kenworth from a mexican factory as about 1 in 5 are are lemons..... beware

Last edited:

Turnup

Reaction score
100+ ships out there now? Anyone on here in that business?? I'm curious to know the country or origin of those ships and if those countries were implicated or suspected to have had any involvement in the theft of the 2020 election. Things that make you go hmmm......the best is yet to come 😎

xlint89

Reaction score
I'm hearing rumblings about fuel shortages now?

That'll help the situation.

Remember when we were exporting fuel under Trump? I saw $2.19 a gallon for unleaded when Jao took over. Now it's $3.34.

🖕

lbhsbz

Reaction score
A longshoreman buddy of mine came by last night after work to hang out and we got to talking about it….he works the coke dock, doesn’t handle cans anymore, but had some insight that made sense.

The yard is full. There is no place to put containers if they were to unload them. It’s also disorganized…they’re having trouble finding the can they’re looking for to put on a given truck. When the can isn’t where it’s supposed to be, even after moving a handful more to get to it, they have to shut down and wait for a clerk to show up and walk around and find it…then it’s anybody’s guess as to whether the moves cans get out back in the right place so they can be found quickly.

The system is simply overwhelmed….just like my garage at the moment.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I'm hearing rumblings about fuel shortages now?

That'll help the situation.

Remember when we were exporting fuel under Trump? I saw $2.19 a gallon for unleaded when Jao took over. Now it's $3.34.

🖕
You know we’re in trouble when you see this on the highway in Arizona

A83BD3B0-F459-4BF2-A15D-FC1503A9C69C.jpeg
96F426FF-7D5F-401B-A426-BF78613FB498.jpeg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
LOL and I quote ………
“We are calling on the private sector to step it up or we will call them out”

Talk about delusional, the guy's lost it.

Lets all be clear - Trump didnt make any progress on this front either.

The big NAFTA rewrite was joke.
Not a single factory in Mexico closed down and sent its jobs back, in fact they all got raises

This problem started before and was solidified by Nafta and no presidents done shit about about it.