WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Biesemeyer but with a T deck? Any idea who made it?

Joe King

Reaction score
Anyone seen a v drive that looks like a Biesemeyer but with a T deck? I've seen a couple at circle boat racers. Help please.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I know Chris (Thumper) Crenshaw built one. He crashed his Biesemeyer at the Family Drags in Bullhead and got trapped in the boat and the boat sunk. They finally got him out but he was hurt pretty bad. It's my understanding that his father and him built a mold off the crashed Biesemeyer and added a T-Deck to it (so he wouldn't get stuck if he crashed it again). The last time I saw it was back in the early 1990's. The boat showed up on the boards (might have been the old hotboat website) maybe 12 to 15 years ago. Thumper passed in 2006 so I don't really know what happened to the mold.

pixrthis

Reaction score
I know Chris (Thumper) Crenshaw built one. He crashed his Biesemeyer at the Family Drags in Bullhead and got trapped in the boat and the boat sunk. They finally got him out but he was hurt pretty bad. It's my understanding that his father and him built a mold off the crashed Biesemeyer and added a T-Deck to it (so he wouldn't get stuck if he crashed it again). The last time I saw it was back in the early 1990's. esThe boat showed up on the boards (might have been the old hotboat website) maybe 12 to 15 years ago. Thumper passed in 2006 so I don't really know what happened to the mold.
I remember racing him at the IHBA races in the 90’s, he drove a yellow flat for a guy out of Bullhead. Nice guys, sorry to hear about his passing.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I remember racing him at the IHBA races in the 90’s, he drove a yellow flat for a guy out of Bullhead. Nice guys, sorry to hear about his passing.

If you have some photo's from those days post them up. If I remember right the yellow boat was the T-Deck Biesemeyer copy that he built/owned. He later raced a (again if I remember right) white and blue Blown Alcohol Howard Flat that Mr. Aliotti owned. I actually new him thru his girlfriend at the time which was a neighbor of mine from Elementary School 10 year prior. They moved away and years later moved to Bullhead. Mr. Aliotti was her father. I only knew Thumper for a couple of years but we hung out with our girlfriends every time I was in Bullhead. He was supper cool and he knew a lot for his age. I kind of looked up to him as an older brother but after him and his girlfriend broke up his girlfriend told me that he moved to Phoenix. I never really hung out with him again but I met a good friend of his at Lazy Harry's and he said he would get a hold of him and we would all meet sometime at the bar. Next thing I knew, I heard he passed away.

pixrthis

Reaction score
If you have some photo's from those days post them up. If I remember right the yellow boat was the T-Deck Biesemeyer copy that he built/owned. He later raced a (again if I remember right) white and blue Blown Alcohol Howard Flat that Mr. Aliotti owned. I actually new him thru his girlfriend at the time which was a neighbor of mine from Elementary School 10 year prior. They moved away and years later moved to Bullhead. Mr. Aliotti was her father. I only knew Thumper for a couple of years but we hung out with our girlfriends every time I was in Bullhead. He was supper cool and he knew a lot for his age. I kind of looked up to him as an older brother but after him and his girlfriend broke up his girlfriend told me that he moved to Phoenix. I never really hung out with him again but I met a good friend of his at Lazy Harry's and he said he would get a hold of him and we would all meet sometime at the bar. Next thing I knew, I heard he passed away.
I don’t have any pictures of him, we didn’t have cell phones and between turning wrenches, racing, and bullshitting nobody was walking around with a camera. I thought the boat I remember the older gentleman from BH starting with was a yellow t deck drag boat (Kurtis maybe) with a blown injected Chevy on gas and then I thought he owned the Master Blaster for a season or two before Eric Lyons bought it. Either way Thumper is gone too soon.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I don’t have any pictures of him, we didn’t have cell phones and between turning wrenches, racing, and bullshitting nobody was walking around with a camera. I thought the boat I remember the older gentleman from BH starting with was a yellow t deck drag boat (Kurtis maybe) with a blown injected Chevy on gas and then I thought he owned the Master Blaster for a season or two before Eric Lyons bought it. Either way Thumper is gone too soon.
When it comes to racing, I would trust your memory more than mine. Though they invited us to the races we never made it. All the time I spent with them was on the river and the beach across from Mr. Aliotti's home on the water. I only saw the blown injected deal a couple times when they were testing on the river. I remember them talking about a Kurtis too. So maybe they owned that later.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Anyone seen a v drive that looks like a Biesemeyer but with a T deck? I've seen a couple at circle boat racers. Help please.

Not uncommon at circle races. D’ Cucci and Temptation hulls and I've seen guys custom build them as well.

Untitled-Scanned-19.jpg

Gordyandtommyhobbit.jpg

DSC09963.JPG

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
I thought that shop looked familiar. It looks like the windshield is actually molded in and not a piece of plexiglass.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Had a few beers and a few bench races with Thumper at Lazy Harry's... There was about a month or so that he was always there...Then, he was gone...Maybe that's when he went to Phoenix?? Next I heard, he had passed...
Ray