WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big ass fans

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Has installed a big ass fans in a havasu RV garage? I bought one about a month ago and it’s taking over 50 days to get it delivered.

I will say the customer service they have provided is top notch!

DLC

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing a 12ft fan in my garage but the $2500 plus was a bust, I ended up doing 3-84 inch fans $1,100.00 and they work really well

bagged97taco

Reaction score
We have 2 big ones in my shop. They are great. Super quiet, move a ton of air

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
We are putting in 2 Macroair (same concept) 8' diameter fans at a Library we are building (outdoor patio areas). They are pretty sweet ones. A bit less industrial looking but same functionality.

BTW, the kind of fans they are, are referred to as LVHV (Low Velocity High Volume) fans, if anybody ever wants to look up the different options out there.

Also.... combine one of those with a swamp cooler and you can get an even larger temp drop due to the increased air circulation.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
The jiu jitsu school I train/teach at put one in a few years ago. I hate the dam thing when training but after class when it gets fired up it’s great! If I’m on the mat and someone turns it on I will go over and shut it off! Myself and another instructor have a reputation that some of the new guys can’t stand and that is a strict NO Big Ass fan during class!

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
We've had the large ones in several Distribution Centers I've built. They move an incredible amount of air, and are very effective.

TomD

Breathing Member
Reaction score

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The jiu jitsu school I train/teach at put one in a few years ago. I hate the dam thing when training but after class when it gets fired up it’s great! If I’m on the mat and someone turns it on I will go over and shut it off! Myself and another instructor have a reputation that some of the new guys can’t stand and that is a strict NO Big Ass fan during class!
Why is that? Just curious at least what about them bothers you. They are really quiet so you're really the first person I've heard complain about them.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Why is that? Just curious at least what about them bothers you. They are really quiet so you're really the first person I've heard complain about them.

The hotter the better workout you’ll get. All the old-school guys don’t like the new pussification of America.

McKay

Reaction score
Look at Entermatic's too. I liked them better than BigAss Fans. Put three 14' in my shop.

DWC

Reaction score
I know they move a shit ton of air when on high. We put them above a desk in a warehouse. Blew everything everywhere. Awesome fans for sure.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
We put the 28’ Big Ass Fans in Amazons the building I’m on now will get 17 , in the last year they have Been having problems with them , 1 blew a seal 2 others just shut down

wishiknew

Reaction score
We put the 28’ Big Ass Fans in Amazons the building I’m on now will get 17 , in the last year they have Been having problems with them , 1 blew a seal 2 others just shut down
I have put in maybe 50 bigass fans have had numerous issues with the we are trying the Macroair now and no problems yet but cost is close but a little more than bigass

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Does the fire code where your at require that you install a shut off switch in case of fire? I came across it once in one of the buildings that we have worked in.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The hotter the better workout you’ll get. All the old-school guys don’t like the new pussification of America.
Its actually the opposite. THe cooler it is, the more energy the body can use for work. A hotter work out will allow the person to lose more weight, but that is water weight from excess sweating that gets replaced quickly. Think about it like the radiator in a car. The cooler the ambient air, the more it can cool, and if that is the limiting factor on the car, the more power that can be made.

There have been many studies on this. A body is more productive when it is in a comfortable atmosphere for both mental and physical reasons.

wishiknew

Reaction score
Does the fire code where your at require that you install a shut off switch in case of fire? I came across it once in one of the buildings that we have worked in.
i have this everywhere fan and sound systems as well during fire alarm

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Its actually the opposite. THe cooler it is, the more energy the body can use for work. A hotter work out will allow the person to lose more weight, but that is water weight from excess sweating that gets replaced quickly. Think about it like the radiator in a car. The cooler the ambient air, the more it can cool, and if that is the limiting factor on the car, the more power that can be made.

There have been many studies on this. A body is more productive when it is in a comfortable atmosphere for both mental and physical reasons.

I was responding to what OP was talking about, not scientific studies. By the way, every body is different. It’s also how you are conditioned and acclamated.

2D6EBC65-4C07-4168-A142-EA0028424511.jpeg

jones performance

Reaction score

its not a big deal to have wired in. you just need to preplan the wire runs for it to the alarm panel and your alram co adds a relay and hooks it up.

jones performance

Reaction score
Has installed a big ass fans in a havasu RV garage? I bought one about a month ago and it’s taking over 50 days to get it delivered.

I will say the customer service they have provided is top notch!

they are built to order first of all, and this year nobody can get materials quickly it seems due to pandemic shit. they are a great company to work with though, customer service was top notch in my experiences.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I don’t like cold air blowing on me the fan itself is Great for after class. I even hate the little vans on the treadmills always turn them off. I won’t use workout equipment under the ceiling fans either.

As far as you studies that’s great but still like it hot.

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I was looking at the big 12ft and wanted special colors so that was even more. I could buy 3 i6 for the same cost. I think it will look nice none the less then a house fan in a garage. We have two mini splits ac units in the garage so it might be a ice box with the fans and ac running.

I was thinking of doing a 12ft fan in my garage but the $2500 plus was a bust, I ended up doing 3-84 inch fans $1,100.00 and they work really well

Reactions: DLC

DWC

Reaction score
Where do you teach?

jones performance

Reaction score
Yep. That's what I thought. Heard there was a new fire sprinkler code that required the fans being shut off so the water from the sprinklers aren't effected.

its not new.. had to meet that requirement in riverside county back in 2012 when i installed 7 of the 24' bigass fans in my building

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
Love there fans , I installed 8 of them in 4 building i supervised

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was responding to what OP was talking about, not scientific studies. By the way, every body is different. It’s also how you are conditioned and acclamated.

View attachment 952906
I'm sorry, since you quoted me after I asked you a question I assumed it was for me. I apologize.

And conditioning and acclimated are for feel and particular conditions, not necessarily the best performance overall. You can condition your body to run a mile at 5k feet and 95 degrees with little ill effects, but it will still perform better at optimal conditions where those detrements are not present.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
I was looking at the big 12ft and wanted special colors so that was even more. I could buy 3 i6 for the same cost. I think it will look nice none the less then a house fan in a garage. We have two mini splits ac units in the garage so it might be a ice box with the fans and ac running.

I have the 3 fans in an area that has a 10 ft ceiling, the 12 ft fan was going to hang a a bit low & possibly get hit. I run my ac at 85-88 and also use the fans and during summer it’s really nice and cool inside. I could probably bump up the temp to 90 and still feel cool with the fans. The fans also mix up the hot air around the ceiling and colder air along the floor. Big improvement for just a little investment. Also with the fans you don’t need to run the air as often during spring and fall.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
My 3200 sqft shop, I put 10 of the 56” stainless Westinghouse fans off Amazon, they were 75 bucks when I did it, I just replaced one for $83 and bought a couple spares. 5 speeds and spread out like they are air Really gets moving if you want. Typically they’re on the lowest speed, and a 5 ton package unit keeps it at 72 year round with the air flow I have. It’s a pole barn with 16” walls.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
My 3200 sqft shop, I put 10 of the 56” stainless Westinghouse fans off Amazon, they were 75 bucks when I did it, I just replaced one for $83 and bought a couple spares. 5 speeds and spread out like they are air Really gets moving if you want. Typically they’re on the lowest speed, and a 5 ton package unit keeps it at 72 year round with the air flow I have. It’s a pole barn with 16” walls.
Did you put them above or below your lights? I’m worried about the strobe effect mounting them below the light level.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Did you put them above or below your lights? I’m worried about the strobe effect mounting them below the light level.
They’re actually above, mounted to the trusses. The fans are on 12” drop rods but all are spaced apart from each other like a grid. I have 10 T5 6 bulb fixture. When I get home I’ll throw up a couple pics. There’s no strobe.