WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big Bear Forrest Fest - June 14-16

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Who's going besides Cole Trickle, River ....?

Just sent in the registration...will be camping so anyone who has real food is good to invite us over for meals ;)

Not sure if we are going to get our trails at this late time, but signed up for: Gold Mtn, John Bull, Devils Hole, Horsethief, and Dishpan Springs.

Hope we don't break the JKUR with only a 2.5 lift and stock tires...

Cant wait and with River coming I don't have to worry about it conflicting with another range day :eek

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Let's all carpool up Friday...

River said hr was handling breakfasts and dinner Friday night!!:):cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted Account

Let's all carpool up Friday...

River said hr was handling breakfasts and dinner Friday night!!:):cool:

I don't know anybody named hr, so I think you guys are on your own, lmao...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I don't know anybody named hr, so I think you guys are on your own, lmao...

That hr would be you..plan accordingly as I like my beer at 32.64 degrees...haha

Surf and turf sounds good for Friday night...I will bring the bread:D

D

Deleted Account

That hr would be you..plan accordingly as I like my beer at 32.64 degrees...haha

Surf and turf sounds good for Friday night...I will bring the bread:D

Umm yeah, I think we will be eating at the outlaws...:D You guys have fun back at camp.

Attachments

• DSC02586 (Large).jpg
    DSC02586 (Large).jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 152

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Umm yeah, I think we will be eating at the outlaws...:D You guys have fun back at camp.

I'm starting to think you missed the concept of the word team...lol

D

Deleted Account

If you say so, lol...

Attachments

• 248136_10150904232619353_1998755011_n.jpg
    248136_10150904232619353_1998755011_n.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 435
D

Deleted Account

My wife's pretty and I'm good at making friends...lol

We should be good:D

Just please take that damn wing off first, lmao...

Attachments

• Brandin.jpg
    Brandin.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 153

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Just please take that damn wing off first, lmao...

The 3.6's are so fast we need that..lol

I was thinking of mounting the Dj lights up there so we can get the party started.:cool:

D

Deleted Account

I liked the 10" Rigid we put on Bobs ride so I grabbed one up for myself as well. This will be like Men In Black once everybody flips the switch... Look right here!

yre6amup.jpg

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I liked the 10" Rigid we put on Bobs ride so I grabbed one up for myself as well. This will be like Men In Black once everybody flips the switch... Look right here!

yre6amup.jpg

I figure between my front 10" bar and the a pillar spots I should have enough...yours is just stupid..lol

D

Deleted Account

Noted!

I'm glad I will be following you on the night run...:D:D

Attachments

• iPhone Pics 2160 (Large).jpg
    iPhone Pics 2160 (Large).jpg
    58 KB · Views: 328
D

Deleted Account

Here's a vid of this years Big Bear Jamboree, from Bond at Rebel Offroad. Looks like some of the trails are in great shape this year.;)

[video=youtube;W6PYLft7_pk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W6PYLft7_pk[/video]

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Here's a vid of this years Big Bear Jamboree, from Bond at Rebel Offroad. Looks like some of the trails are in great shape this year.;)

[video=youtube;W6PYLft7_pk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=W6PYLft7_pk[/video]

You and your buddies with 40's always look for the easiest route...lol

Hammer

Reaction score

Have you and your group ever done Rubicon Trail in Tahoe ? My mom lives close to it , I'd like to check it out one day .

Hammer

Reaction score
You bet. That was one of the best trips we have had. Awesome weather, wheeling and zero carnage... You really need to go do it. It's a blast.;)

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?23373-No-Cobra-Jeep!&highlight=Cobra%2C+Jeep

That looks like a blast ! Don't think the 33's and a 4" lift with only a locker in the rear in my leaf sprung cj5 are going to cut it up there. ;)

You went up in sept . ? Great pics. Maybe I'll cruise my moms old school bronco up there for the day next time I visit .

D

Deleted Account

That looks like a blast ! Don't think the 33's and a 4" lift with only a locker in the rear in my leaf sprung cj5 are going to cut it up there. ;)

You went up in sept . ? Great pics. Maybe I'll cruise my moms old school bronco up there for the day next time I visit .

Since your so close you really should go. It might get a little addicting, though. Yep we went in Sept.

next year....

This year, September is still 4 months away.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
First year to miss the BBFF. To add insult the guy I sold my Jeep to keeps texting me. Hey what do you think about this, that, wat? I'm changing my number.

Hammer

Reaction score
Since your so close you really should go. It might get a little addicting, though. Yep we went in Sept.

This year, September is still 4 months away.

I'm ready addicted, I just don't have the funds to bring the drivetrain up to par to withstand that kind of terrain.

I used to do panamint valley up and over into Death Valley with my jeep over memorial weekend for 3 days . Used panamint springs as base camp and took the highway back once we were up and over, most the canyons are closed now. Mansions cabin was a trip to stay the night at.

I'd definately like too, I'll keep it in mind..

M

D

Deleted Account

First year to miss the BBFF. To add insult the guy I sold my Jeep to keeps texting me. Hey what do you think about this, that, wat? I'm changing my number.

You can always ride along with us again this year... Kid got back onto softball all stars again so its divide and conquer like last time. You like getting those texts, deep down lol.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
You can always ride along with us again this year... Kid got back onto softball all stars again so its divide and conquer like last time. You like getting those texts, deep down lol.

You're probably right.

Kirstin is trying out for the, GET THIS, High School softball team. I said it, high school. I don't know how that happened.

Your hands are full this year it seems. Last year was very nice and very appreciated. This year we're going to the Isthmas for Fathers day. Thats the plan anyway.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My moms place is not far from the trail. We could use that as home base. Shit ,your wife and kid could stay their if they don't want to rough it .....

pyqyvutu.jpg
radyvy5y.jpg

OMG what a beautiful place! :thumbup:

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

D

Deleted Account

OCM if your plans change, we will leave the light on for ya! Isthmus sounds bitchen!

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
My parents have a place up there now and just got themselves a wrangler. Might have to borrow it and go break it in since we sold our jeep. What's this trip all about? Are there mild trails, I think their Jeep only had 32's on it. Is it a drive 2 mins then sit for 4 hours watching knuckleheads break and get stuck, then drive another 2 min and wait again at the next rock pile ? :)

Sent from my iPad

D

Deleted Account

No you have a ton of different trails you can run. Go on the website and it shows you trails, tire size, lockers etc as needed. Usually you leave the parking lot from 7-8AM and you drive out to the trail, and just follow the leader. Most rigs are well built and you aren't waiting for much unless someone tosses a coil out, etc. We run with Larry so he is back around 2PM ish since he's cooking for the whole place Sat evening.

Some runs take longer etc. Bring lunch for your crew as we stop in a shady area and eat, etc.

It's really a great time. There's a ton of help if someone has an issue and the trail guides will spot you on the tougher obstacles. Come on out!

Sig Ep Mock

Reaction score
No you have a ton of different trails you can run. Go on the website and it shows you trails, tire size, lockers etc as needed. Usually you leave the parking lot from 7-8AM and you drive out to the trail, and just follow the leader. Most rigs are well built and you aren't waiting for much unless someone tosses a coil out, etc. We run with Larry so he is back around 2PM ish since he's cooking for the whole place Sat evening.

Some runs take longer etc. Bring lunch for your crew as we stop in a shady area and eat, etc.

It's really a great time. There's a ton of help if someone has an issue and the trail guides will spot you on the tougher obstacles. Come on out!

Sounds really cool. Ill check out the website and check with the wife.

Sent from my iPad

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Dishpan1 is your trail. It's a slow mover. Bring your patience. 7am depart.

Best BBFF was with Tri County on Motino. That would be a great way to break in Cole Trickle. :)

Larry is not too loaded up currently. I hope the trail group stays like it is.

Last edited:

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Looks like I am on the wait list for Friday Night Holcomb Creek...Sat is devils hole and sun is Gold mtn....Was hoping to get a shot at horsethief or JB, but maybe we'll have to do that another weekend..

D

Deleted Account

uzavadyv.jpg

We are rolling out around noon on Friday. See you guys up the hill!:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Will my yellow machine make those trails? :D

J/K I know the answer. Looks like lots of fun. I love exploring and being somewhere with no concrete.

Oh well I'll be on my wakeboard while you guys are doing this.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
uzavadyv.jpg

We are rolling out around noon on Friday. See you guys up the hill!:thumbup:

Have a good time and be safe. Say hello to Kurt and his family for us. Good luck to the RDP peeps and other.

Dinner is off the hook good considering the amount of people cooked for.

Shouldn't be uncomfortably cold this year.

D

Deleted Account

Ha Kurt didn't send in his deal until yesterday, and the run is completely sold out. Then he gets on FB talking about crashing it, and IE4W pipes in and says please don't, lmao! I think he will come up on Sat and if I can I will pick him up dinner tickets. Have fun on the boat, brother!

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Cant wait for the wake up......

Bob, when are you and CT going up? I need to get there pretty soon after it opens to get a decent tent site...

D

Deleted Account

I'm thinking if we leave by noon that should put us in the Snow Valley parking lot around 2-2:30ish. We come in and make a right and drive down towards the W end. There are some trees in the center but if taken we roll over against the hill where the parking lot turns to dirt. It's pretty level and easy to throw your tent up. I will have my Jeep on the trailer behind my pickup, you can find us easy. We are going to unload and go thru tech also so we should be all done by 4.

Most people get there after 5, except for the Tri County guys with there badass motor homes, lol.

See you then! You have my number?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
So where do you guys want to meet up?

I have my JK and my dads XJ.

Call a place that works for all of us and we will be there so we can carpool....I have a couple tents so I need a good spot as well.

My whole crew is off tommorow so earlier the better......I am scheduled for Holcomb friday night

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Pictures!! Have fun guys!! Jealous!!

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Bob, I do have your # :rolleyes

Brandin, I have your's also :eek

Wanna meet at my place in Upland about 12 or 1? We can caravan up the 210 to 330...

D

Deleted Account

I'm thinking 91 to the 10 and take the 330 up the hill, lol. I'm pulling a trailer so I can't hot rod like you racers, lol

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Taking the 10 out is ok too. I live by Euclid/I-10

We could meet you near the 15/10?

D

Deleted Account

The 15N through Norco on a Friday? Always bad. We are thinking the 91E to the 10 and a smidgen of the 210 to the 330. Like I said I'm running low and slow pulling the trailer. Feel free to hook up, or we will see you up the hill. I'm trying to get out a bit earlier. I will call you T when we are getting close...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'm game to leave anytime after 11. I need to get gas at the shell at the 15/Ontario before I hit the 91.

Ted pick a spot that works and we will slow for you..Bob says hr tows at 60 so we can catch him.

Both you guys have my #.

BTW Bob said he is out of fireball and wants to know if you can grab him a bottle.