Big Bear webcams

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Camera shots from my front porch
219EC088-088B-417E-9FC1-37FE8C2E94F9.jpeg
2EB3487D-FDC3-47EB-AFE2-FB5A76A491E7.jpeg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Going to try to take the huskies up tomorrow. Should be awesome for them.

What's the best route to take from Irvine? I've got 4WD and BFG KO2s with the snowflake, and don't really want to deal with chains. I've got them just in case, but would rather leave them in the bag.

Last edited:

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Well, CHP may still make you put on chains. They don’t seem to care. I have seen many times where they won’t let cars by. Even if 4WD, and proper snow tires, unless they chain up. Better have em.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
True statement
Even with 4wd they may require you to run chains. Really depends on current weather and if the plows have adequately run. Have em in the car in case. There’s occasional folks hanging around the ‘Chains Required’ roadblocks to put them on for you for a couple bucks if you’re not inclined to get out in the snow/ice/cold!

We have an older land cruiser fj80, (full time all wheel drive, factory front center rear lockers and snow rated tires) just for taking up the mountain, CHP has still mades us chain up at times.

gqchris

Reaction score
Here now. We are stuck snowed in the airbnb. The driveway wasnt plowed and is long and hilly. Well we made it down and up the driveway, but almost slid down over a ravine when my tires lost grip. Think I stained my seat after all said and done! Blocked the car and said welp, we stuck. Lol. Saw this guy when we pulled up. He looked healthy!

IMG_3515.JPG

gqchris

Reaction score
So the plow company came and tried to plow drievway. He had chains, and didnt work out well. I thank god I didnt try. Stuck here still. Snowing like I have never seen it snow before.

IMG_3517.JPG
IMG_3518.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3515.JPG
    IMG_3515.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 47

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Here now. We are stuck snowed in the airbnb. The driveway wasnt plowed and is long and hilly. Well we made it down and up the driveway, but almost slid down over a ravine when my tires lost grip. Think I stained my seat after all said and done! Blocked the car and said welp, we stuck. Lol. Saw this guy when we pulled up. He looked healthy!

View attachment 940447
How’s the place? Wife and was just talking about finding a place for a week.

gqchris

Reaction score
How’s the place? Wife and was just talking about finding a place for a week.

Im not a fan to be honest. Drieway is my first issue. Then the house has a cutout for a giant tree on roofline. When wind blows, it slams against whole house. Maybe I need to stick with the river. Im cabin crazy and ready to get the f out of here. Tried the chains I bought, dont fit! Confirmed on their chart they supposed to. Looks like some returned and swapped I guess.

gqchris

Reaction score
Kinda looks like he slipped down backwards and off the edge --- Oops !! :eek:

Exactly what happened. They came in with two loaders and made quick work of it. Kid was scared shitless when i helped pull him out. Wife was freaking out.

IMG_3522.JPG
IMG_3524.JPG

gqchris

Reaction score
I feel bad for the guy. He was trying to do the job and then that happened. That sucks

Same here. Younger. I just tipped him a 20 spot and he was so happy. This driveway is a death trap. On a good note, truck was remarkably OK. Started right up and went up hill when recovered.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Im not a fan to be honest. Drieway is my first issue. Then the house has a cutout for a giant tree on roofline. When wind blows, it slams against whole house. Maybe I need to stick with the river. Im cabin crazy and ready to get the f out of here. Tried the chains I bought, dont fit! Confirmed on their chart they supposed to. Looks like some returned and swapped I guess.

Thanks. I’ll start looking for one without the driveway. Lol

welldigger00

Reaction score
Here’s one for the flatlanders: socalmountains.com. It’ll give you info on where the chain check is, if it’s r2 or r3 conditions, and if a road is closed. Don’t tell anyone I told you. That’s insider shit[emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk