WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big Bend, Formally Buckskin Restaurant

RDP1

Reaction score
For those that don't know, the store/restaurant at Buckskin closed and moved across the river to Big Bend. Like a lot of people, I really hate change. Even if it's for the better, which this could arguably be. I loved Buckskin restaurant, store, clothing store, ice cream, margaritas, etc. I don't know why, but the food always had a certain charm. The old arcade. The wife always liked stopping in the bathing suit store. Sometimes it was a good bribe to get her in the boat and out doing something if I said we were going to Buckskin and she could look for a new swim suit. Anyhow, I've been avoiding stopping into Big Bend. I'm not even sure why, I just didn't want to. Even though more than a few friends had told me how nice it was.

Well today I had some work on that side of the river, and the wife was tagging along on the premise of grabbing lunch somewhere.

I gotta say, the restaurant is really nice and clean. Food was good. Bathrooms were clean. Arcade is all new stuff, we spent a few minutes playing games. I gotta give the place a thumbs up. Plenty of parking on the dock also. You guys will have to check it out.

IMG_1744.jpg
IMG_1747.jpg
IMG_1745.jpg
IMG_1746.jpg
IMG_1748.jpg
IMG_1754.jpg

Heres a couple of the Arcade.

IMG_1749.jpg
IMG_1750.jpg
IMG_1751.jpg

Menu.

IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

On the way out of the park, we drove around and found this little gem of a pool. This was super nice for Parker.

IMG_1742.jpg
IMG_1741.jpg

LHCBOY

Reaction score
Nothing like John’s River Nachos at Buckskin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getoffmylawn

Reaction score
Almost bought in there last year. Lots of new places going in on the water. Only problem was, it’s BLM land. We were told that meant we could only occupy the place a max of 160 days per yr (I think that was the amount of days they told us). I don’t like the idea of paying for a place year round, and being told we could only be there a certain amount of time. Place is nice tho.........

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Almost bought in there last year. Lots of new places going in on the water. Only problem was, it’s BLM land. We were told that meant we could only occupy the place a max of 160 days per yr (I think that was the amount of days they told us). I don’t like the idea of paying for a place year round, and being told we could only be there a certain amount of time. Place is nice tho.........

there's no way anyone is tracking you coming and going.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Nothing like John’s River Nachos at Buckskin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John's still there. Neighbor just brought back pizza for everyone here at Echo.

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Is the water back up to normal "winter" levels????

Or is parker still closed????

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Looks like a sweet setup there.. My kids are gonna go nuts in that arcade this summer:D

EarpRider

Reaction score
Everything I've heard is all positive, plus Skee Ball, I'm gonna check it out.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Pretty good option , call in a pizza order pick it up on boat and enjoy it floating.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
CRA has dumped a ton of improvements into BB. Yet us poor folks at Echo still have the worse launch ramp on the Strip.:mad: Guess we will have to wait till new owners take over is 2023?

"The park is on a favorable 28 year BLM ground lease that was renewed Jan 1 1994 and will renew again on Dec 31, 2022"

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That's a nice arcade!! Nothing like keeping kids busy with video games while mom and dad down some drinks....[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Definitely will have to check it out!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cofooter

Reaction score
Had lunch there Monday, I thought it was really good. Would be fun for the kids on a hot day to give them a break from the sun and let them play. Its a cool set up with the new big outside deck and huge boat dock. Very clean and new. Tap beer and a Margarita slushy machine that was surprisingly good.

NicPaus

Reaction score
My burger was ehh on Monday but the cook Greg was bullshitting with me while a kid made it. The wings well done were bomb. The girl working hooked me up with a coupon . She used to work in our bar. The snowbirds only show up for deals so winter they put coupons in the white sheet. Buy get 1 on pizza will save you $35.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Geez, I miss the river. The menu looks almost free..... compared to all the waterfront restaurants in South East Florida. You guys don’t know how good you have it!

What is the going rate for a Coors Light at Fox’s? (Its $5.25 at my local waterfront hangout, Cheeseburger $14.50, peel and eat shrimp.... priceless, lol)

C-Ya
Fort Lauderdale

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
My burger was ehh on Monday but the cook Greg was bullshitting with me while a kid made it. The wings well done were bomb. The girl working hooked me up with a coupon . She used to work in our bar. The snowbirds only show up for deals so winter they put coupons in the white sheet. Buy get 1 on pizza will save you $35.
A pizza is $35?

NicPaus

Reaction score
A pizza is $35?
For the Big 1 buddy ordered 2 and it fed all of us plus the neighbors and anyone else that stopped by and there were still a few slices left over. It is 24" or maybe bigger.

The prices definitely went up there and at our spot now that we have all new kitchen equipment. Used to $5.50 burger and fries now they sell separately. Still not bad. Our cook is over there until we open up. Almost ready he was asking me how it looked he has not seen it since remodel.

boatnam2

Reaction score
CRA has dumped a ton of improvements into BB. Yet us poor folks at Echo still have the worse launch ramp on the Strip.:mad: Guess we will have to wait till new owners take over is 2023?

"The park is on a favorable 28 year BLM ground lease that was renewed Jan 1 1994 and will renew again on Dec 31, 2022"
Wait until you see the bar at echo lol! looked like they were doing something with the pools also last weekend, maybe replacing tile.

boatnam2

Reaction score
little tip for arcade , I spent about 100 bucks to get tickets for a little plastic toy. The kid next to me dropped maybe 3 bucks total on quarter drop machine and got enough tickets for sweet remote control car.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Not a bad location, clean, and just got back from Breakfast! No waitress, no silverware, no real plates, or coffee cups ( All styrofoam & plastic! except the waitress and she didn't have store boughts!) . Hash browns, Eggs, and biscuit were perfect (to many cooks can't cook a fkn egg correctly) and had the chicken Fried steak. Gravy was bland but just needed seasoning. The meat & coating (very thick on mine) just didn't have any flavor either!... stock!
It's not a real sit down joint though! It's a get it and git kinda place. 5 small tables inside, work in progress on the out! -- Really is a good view, and should have sat out in it! -- All in all!... it was a FULL meal! came out on two plates, an was hard pressed to finish, (and couldn't)
Although We do have our favorites that are closer! ... We'll check them out again! .. for lunch! :)

mobldj

Reaction score
ate there 3 times last week,chef salad huge,best chicken strips anywhere.have had the patty melt when not on my diet and it was awesome also. glad its there close to river lodge.beats the shit out of driving over the dam.lol

FlatNv

Reaction score
little tip for arcade , I spent about 100 bucks to get tickets for a little plastic toy. The kid next to me dropped maybe 3 bucks total on quarter drop machine and got enough tickets for sweet remote control car.

lol my daughter figured it out quick , scee ball paid most tickets.. still cost me more than lunch.. great place

NicPaus

Reaction score
Not sure if our bar is now a Mexican restaurant or a preschool Lol. They redid the floor drains but left the old tile next to them. CUSTOM.

They were busting off the coping Monday on all 3 pools. Supposed to get a full make over. Hopefully it will be done by summer.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not sure if our bar is now a Mexican restaurant or a preschool Lol. They redid the floor drains but left the old tile next to them. CUSTOM.

They were busting off the coping Monday on all 3 pools. Supposed to get a full make over. Hopefully it will be done by summer.
2 bad pools weren't 2ft deeper so we could get some good drunk volleyball games going.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Oh and another thing...

Anyone checked if BB is going to do the chilli cook off this year? I might have to go get that trophy if they are.

;)

92 cole

Reaction score
Question? how is the river weed in the water. I have been going to red-rock(sand bar resort) for ALOT of years and the spots I stay in are over-run by river weed. May need to check this out. As a kid I stayed there back in the late 60's on the family trips. MARK

Skippy

Reaction score
The water around the dock is plenty deep even when the water is down. No weeds to worry about. Just remember when the water is flowing good there is a back current so be careful when using the inside spots on the dock. If you put $100 in the machine at the entrance you will get a card that gives you an additional $40 for use in the arcade. And you can use that card to buy food and drinks. Not a bad deal.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with where the 50 amp sites are? Supposed to be some but back when I used to stay here they were all 30 amp.

92 cole

Reaction score
Do they rent water front trailers? I will be out there end of February to check different spots out. I also want to know if the kitchen is open year round? I normally go last part of september-first part of october? Mark

NicPaus

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with where the 50 amp sites are? Supposed to be some but back when I used to stay here they were all 30 amp.
My buddies have camped there for years I use to. They bring there own 50 amp breakers to swap in while there. Otherwise behind the pool looks like new sites with all new electric. I am friends with the electrician i can ask next time out. I mentioned swapping in the breakers at our park and he said the supply would not handle it.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Do they rent water front trailers? I will be out there end of February to check different spots out. I also want to know if the kitchen is open year round? I normally go last part of september-first part of october? Mark
They will drop a Salem camper waterfront to rent. Not sure if the mobile by the launch ramp is still a rental been 10 years since I rented it.

Kitchen open year round. Closes at 7 during the week AZ time.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
And yes the cook off is on!! Should be a great time!!!

Sweet. Do you know the date this year??

Most water front spots are privately owned. There are some water front campsites.

I have seen some trailers (that look like rentals) show up in sites here and there, so maybe they can drop one on a camp site for you? You'd have to call for details. They also have some rooms for rent right behind the restaurant. They are small, but they do have AC!

Kitchen IS open year round. You're going at the best times of the year. I like to go the whole month of October. :thumbup:

92 cole

Reaction score
They will drop a Salem camper waterfront to rent. Not sure if the mobile by the launch ramp is still a rental been 10 years since I rented it.

Kitchen open year round. Closes at 7 during the week AZ time.
as I stated I will being a drive by late February to check it out and reserve. who is the main contact to talk to.???

Skippy

Reaction score
Cook off is presidents weekend. Most front row full hook up spots are taken by snowbirds. They removed many camping spots to create a beach for more boat parking. The mobile by the launch ramp is available to rent. It was completely remodeled a few years ago and is quite nice inside and has arguably the best view on the strip imo. I believe a snowbird couple has it rented for several months.

92 cole

Reaction score
Sweet. Do you know the date this year??

Most water front spots are privately owned. There are some water front campsites.

I have seen some trailers (that look like rentals) show up in sites here and there, so maybe they can drop one on a camp site for you? You'd have to call for details. They also have some rooms for rent right behind the restaurant. They are small, but they do have AC!

Kitchen IS open year round. You're going at the best times of the year. I like to go the whole month of October. :thumbup:
I was there last year, end of September and all was locked up. Had to run down river for fuel. Probably as the rebuild was under way (I hope) . I will state that the place was looking good and Buckskin was closed up also. I have alot of history in those spots along with red rock, big bend and polynesian village. The first time I went to the parker strip I was in diapers and I now am 61 years old(you do the math). M

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
John's still there. Neighbor just brought back pizza for everyone here at Echo.
So, what exactly is still at Buckskin? Pumps still there? Any store, food?
Or is John over at BB now?

92 cole

Reaction score
FWIW when I was there last September the store was gone and the gas pumps were also? I guess they all went across the street so to speak!. So I tried over at Big bend and it was also closed up. Thus I headed down river for fuel! M

NicPaus

Reaction score
So, what exactly is still at Buckskin? Pumps still there? Any store, food?
Or is John over at BB now?
Not much left. Phil left it how he got it. John is at BB.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Both sides were closed for awhile once the move got underway.

Everything is now at BB, and up and running for business!