WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big Bend RV Park

fastnlight

Reaction score
What's the word on this place? Looking at a single wide there. Have not been there. I've heard it is kind of run down but they are fixing it up. There were some pics of the motel on Yelp and they were pretty bad. Is it a party park? How is the management? I heard its the same owner as Emerald Cove. Is it clean or dirty? They don't even have a website or email. However, I really like that part of the strip, north of Foxes, plus they have a dock. Thanks for any input.

NicPaus

Reaction score
They are fixing it up. Nice quiet park not much partying except for 1 of the mobiles above ramp. Bar closed long time ago. They have a small general store. Stayed there many times and my friend rents the unit that is on the dock. Unit is clean they got rid of motel and are selling or already sold the old rental mobiles we used to rent. They will even sell the mobile that is next to ramp that was is a rental for years, rented it a few times. Any questions ask might head out to the river this weekend and can check it out for you.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What's the word on this place? Looking at a single wide there. Have not been there. I've heard it is kind of run down but they are fixing it up. There were some pics of the motel on Yelp and they were pretty bad. Is it a party park? How is the management? I heard its the same owner as Emerald Cove. Is it clean or dirty? They don't even have a website or email. However, I really like that part of the strip, north of Foxes, plus they have a dock. Thanks for any input.

Been going there for 20 years or so now? Hard to remember these days. :D

It's fairly quiet, the real problems are the weekenders down in the cabanas. The residents are all pretty cool. The launch ramp is short if you have a BIG boat, thats the only real draw back I have with the place.

Some of the single wides have very little parking! There are a few places for sale. I would drive down and take a good look before you even consider putting one penny down.

Good luck! :thumbup:

fastnlight

Reaction score
They are fixing it up. Nice quiet park not much partying except for 1 of the mobiles above ramp. Bar closed long time ago. They have a small general store. Stayed there many times and my friend rents the unit that is on the dock. Unit is clean they got rid of motel and are selling or already sold the old rental mobiles we used to rent. They will even sell the mobile that is next to ramp that was is a rental for years, rented it a few times. Any questions ask might head out to the river this weekend and can check it out for you.

Thanks for the info and the offer! I need to get out there myself, but if while out there you hear any rumors of rent increases, ownerships changes, improvements, etc. let me know. I heard they are thinking of putting a pool in. Is this just talk? Thanks again.

fastnlight

Reaction score
Been going there for 20 years or so now? Hard to remember these days. :D

It's fairly quiet, the real problems are the weekenders down in the cabanas. The residents are all pretty cool. The launch ramp is short if you have a BIG boat, thats the only real draw back I have with the place.

Some of the single wides have very little parking! There are a few places for sale. I would drive down and take a good look before you even consider putting one penny down.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks for your input! How is the current there by the launch ramp? Is the water plenty deep in front of the park? I know it's kinda shallow at Echo Lodge. Is there a sandy beach or is it one of those places with a wall or cliff and then the water? I can only find a few pics on line of the place.

Are there more for sale here than at other parks? Just wondering why a lot of people are selling. Do they know something I don't know?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They have been trying to sell the place for years. That's why they have been fixing it up for years.

The rent has gone up steadily and always will. No rent controls on BLM land.

The same company owns Echo and just about ever other BLM Park in Parker.

If you like the place, jump on in. Don't fret over rumors and such.
;)

NicPaus

Reaction score
Thanksjust the info and the offer! I need to get out there myself, but if while out there you hear any rumors of rent increases, ownerships changes, improvements, etc. let me know. I heard they are thinking of putting a pool in. Is this just talk? Thanks again.

I can ask about the pool. Rent just went up a few months ago. Thats when they added basketball court and made some other improvements. Most are around $500 a month rent. I do not see the park being sold anytime soon. Echo has a pool and quite a few units for sale as well. Big Bend has the better current for anchoring but it is in front of camp sites.

fastnlight

Reaction score
Good stuff thanks. Asking prices at units at Echo seem to be a lot more.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Good stuff thanks. Asking prices at units at Echo s to be a lot more.

What they are asking and what they are actually selling for is a lot less. Echo has more features. Deals pop up and $5-8K will get you in. Its the $500 a month that detours most from buying.

fastnlight

Reaction score
What they are asking and what they are actually selling for is a lot less. Echo has more features. Deals pop up and $5-8K will get you in. Its the $500 a month that detours most from buying.

5 to 8k[emoji1]How do you find those? Do you see them by driving around the parks?

NicPaus

Reaction score
5 to 8k[emoji1]How do you find those? Do you see them by driving around the parks?

Yes . Most only have a sign in the window. Or word of mouth. I am headed out late tonight for a few days. I will bring my camera. Friend that is going with me was considering buying at big bend. He is still on the fence. Trying to get him to buy at Echo.

fastnlight

Reaction score
Yes . Most only have a sign in the window. Or word of mouth. I am headed out late tonight for a few days. I will bring my camera. Friend that is going with me was considering buying at big bend. He is still on the fence. Trying to get him to buy at Echo.

I appreciate it! Have fun out there[emoji41]

NicPaus

Reaction score
What were the units you were interested in at Big Bend. I can go snap some pics. I drove around Echo same places still for sale not many new ones. One had a moving out sale. she accepted $18K was asking $40K. Nice big unit that was fully furnished and well kept on UL row.

fastnlight

Reaction score
What were the units you were interested in at Big Bend. I can go snap some pics. I drove around Echo same places still for sale not many new ones. One had a moving out sale. she accepted $18K was asking $40K. Nice big unit that was fully furnished and well kept on UL row.

Space 31 is the one I was looking at. It was on Craigslist with pics, but not sure if it's in a good location. Let me know what you think of the spot in terms of location to ramp, guest parking, distance to store, condition of neighbors mobiles, etc. He's asking 15,900 with everything included and a golf cart. Thanks.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Space 31 is the one I was looking at. It was on Craigslist with pics, but not sure if it's in a good location. Let me know what you think of the spot in terms of location to ramp, guest parking, distance to store, condition of neighbors mobiles, etc. He's asking 15,900 with everything included and a golf cart. Thanks.

Ok head over there shortly.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I could not find the craigslist ad to see if his description matches the actual condition. Will load the pics, the deck is trashed. The park is worse than I recall. Lots of run down mobiles and numerous notices posted on mobiles to pay up or vacate.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Pics

Attachments

• big bend 167.jpg
    big bend 167.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 95
  • big bend 168.jpg
    big bend 168.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 107
  • big bend 169.jpg
    big bend 169.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 96
  • big bend 170.jpg
    big bend 170.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 93
  • big bend 171.jpg
    big bend 171.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 96
  • big bend 172.jpg
    big bend 172.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 86
  • big bend 181.jpg
    big bend 181.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 96

NicPaus

Reaction score
First pic is looking at it. 3rd pic is out the back looking toward river. Has nice side carport parking. Did not see a golf cart. Not sure if you would anchor out if you did it would be in front of camper area. Park is usually dead though as far as campers go unless a holiday weekend. Was full of snow birds today. No more low priced units that we could find. Everything priced way to high IMO. They want 40K for some next to storage there. There was 1 that was $14K but pretty far from water. The ideal spots seem to be 1-7 and 26-30.

fastnlight

Reaction score

Thanks for the pics. The owner did tell me he was working on the deck. Looks like he's putting in new stairs.

Not what I wanted to hear on the park as far as clientele and upkeep. Aren't they the same owners as Echo?

NicPaus

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. The owner did tell me he was working on the deck. Looks like he's putting in new stairs.

Not what I wanted to hear on the park as far as clientele and upkeep. Aren't they the same owners as Echo?

Yes. They have cleaned up the upper area some. Park itself looks good just lots of mobiles that need some work. I would say half of them. This one is next to some nice ones. Top of ramp and behind on second row, the boat in 3rd pic is a nice unit and seems like would be hard to get boat in and out if you were there. The storage there has a lot of stuff going to shit.

I asked around at Echo and we called the realtor on quite a few. All the units $12k and under have sold. Most left are asking $40k but $18-22 is more like it. Lots of variables at Echo as far as size and location. There is one they offered me fore free today at Echo. Needs work owner wants out. Cost about $6k to make it useable.

NicPaus

Reaction score
This was one of many boats rotting away in storage.

Attachments

• big bend 173.jpg
    big bend 173.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 104
  • big bend 175.jpg
    big bend 175.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 98
  • big bend 174.jpg
    big bend 174.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 104
  • big bend 176.jpg
    big bend 176.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 116

fastnlight

Reaction score
Don't know why. But I just saw this post and others. Sorry for a late thank you. !

Riverson

CHA PLEASE
Reaction score
All the older BLM parks have units that need work. There are several units in the original Windmill, they are letting these units go real cheap. If you want to put in the work 3k to 10k and some are free if 6 months or a year rent paid up front. You won't find river front under 50k but you can find 2nd and 3rd row units with water view done in the 15k range. Best bet is do drive through of the parks, then contact Shirley at RIO to work a deal.
Just my .02. Good luck

Parks include Rio, Echo,Big Bend, Windmill, Desert Rivera, and A couple others north of Big Bend.

fastnlight

Reaction score
All the older BLM parks have units that need work. There are several units in the original Windmill, they are letting these units go real cheap. If you want to put in the work 3k to 10k and some are free if 6 months or a year rent paid up front. You won't find river front under 50k but you can find 2nd and 3rd row units with water view done in the 15k range. Best bet is do drive through of the parks, then contact Shirley at RIO to work a deal.
Just my .02. Good luck

Parks include Rio, Echo,Big Bend, Windmill, Desert Rivera, and A couple others north of Big Bend.

Great information. Thanks! I'm not interested in doing work. I don't have enough time to fix stuff at my own house. What I would be interested in is getting one for free, removing it and getting a newer used park model. That way I could finance it ( I think??!) as an RV. Is this right? How much is it to remove an old one and scrap it? I'll call Shirley

NicPaus

Reaction score
Great information. Thanks! I'm not interested in doing work. I don't have enough time to fix stuff at my own house. What I would be interested in is getting one for free, removing it and getting a newer used park model. That w. ay I could finance it ( I think??!) as an if RV. Is this right? How much is it to remove an old one and scrap it? I'll call Shirley

Last I asked about removing one and replacing with a newer one i was told you had to buy the newer one through the park. Shirley is not handling much of the sales anymore Lisa is. It is best to find a deal on your own and let them handle the paper work. Once they are involved the price goes up. If you can find a park owned junker that you want to replace with new one of the owners is who I would make the offer to. I will be back out in a week or two.

fastnlight

Reaction score
Last I asked about removing one and replacing with a newer one i was told you had to buy the newer one through the park. Shirley is not handling much of the sales anymore Lisa is. It is best to find a deal on your own and let them handle the paper work. Once they are involved the price goes up. If you can find a park owned junker that you want to replace with new one of the owners is who I would make the offer to. I will be back out in a week or two.

Is Shirley and Lisa at Casa Del Rio? Just making sure I have the right Rio.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Guy just bought a dumpy trailer at desert riviera river but water front for pennies, i would of jumped on that in a second.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I was hanging out at the bar yesterday and met the owner of spot 31. He said he was finishing up the deck and a few other improvements. He is motivated to sell, with or without the golf cart.

boatnam2

Reaction score
The story that goes with the trailer at DR, lady was selling it for 50k it was a dump but water front, guy offered her 45k and she turned it down, few months go by payment for space hasn't been payed in awhile, guy who offered 45k gets the trailer and more importantly the spot for $7500, brand new double wide sitting in spot now. I need to start greasing some palms over at RIO.

teded

Reaction score
What's the monthly rent for waterfront,

NicPaus

Reaction score
The story that goes with the trailer at DR, lady was selling it for 50k it was a dump but water front, guy offered her 45k and she turned it down, few months go by payment for space hasn't been payed in awhile, guy who offered 45k gets the trailer and more importantly the spot for $7500, brand new double wide sitting in spot now. I need to start greasing some palms over at RIO.

Some similar sales here at Echo. I know of 2 on the front row that sold for $5K. Timing is everything.

fastnlight

Reaction score
I just heard they were giving them away at Rio Del Colorado. I just don't have time and energy to deal with a project. My watercraft are enough work as it it. When I go to the river the last thing I want to be doing is fixing up a house.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Some similar sales here at Echo. I know of 2 on the front row that sold for $5K. Timing is everything.

Timing is everything, find that point where the owner knows its gone and wants something and the park want to dump it for nothing. Thinking i will give Lisa a call at rio and see whats cooking these days.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I just heard they were giving them away at Rio Del Colorado. I just don't have time and energy to deal with a project. My watercraft are enough work as it it. When I go to the river the last thing I want to be doing is fixing up a house.

Rio is the more expensive spot. Have not heard of anything on the low end there. As a contractor I always tell my friends you will be money ahead by spending an extra $5K on a unit turn key that has recently been upgraded and is turn key. I just spent 24 hours working on my place and have another 10 to finish. Then another project planned for next week.

fastnlight

Reaction score
Rio is the more expensive spot. Have not heard of anything on the low end there. As a contractor I always tell my friends you will be money ahead by spending an extra $5K on a unit turn key that has recently been upgraded and is turn key. I just spent 24 hours working on my place and have another 10 to finish. Then another project planned for next week.

I can't imagine working on a house in that heat, but I'm spoiled I live 700 feet from the Pacific Ocean
By the way NIC Paus, I ended up buying a newer used travel trailer. Brand new condition. Financed it for 100 percent and have a spot at Sunshine from 4-1 until 11-1.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I can't imagine working on a house in that heat, but I'm spoiled I live 700 feet from the Pacific Ocean
By the way NIC Paus, I ended up buying a newer travel trailer. Financed it for 100 percent and have a spot at Sunrise from 4-1 until 11-1.

I worked under the awning until sunset then hit those areas. Still burned me out. I am used to the beach weather and was trying to beat the real heat coming. it was only in the 90's. I put in all new windows and painted the exterior a lighter color. Hope it helps for the 110+ days.

Congrats on the new trailer. You can always try another park next year and see if there is one you would like to buy a mobile at later on. Your not stuck in one spot.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Im with you fastnlight, the more i think about it my 5th wheel gets the job done just fine at emerald, paying boat storage sucks but still only cost me less then 2k a year for everything.

boatnam2

Reaction score
By the way NIC Paus, I ended up buying a newer travel trailer. Financed it for 100 percent and have a spot at Sunrise from 4-1 until 11-1.

Do you know cam and her dad carl, first trailer on beach at sunrise?

fastnlight

Reaction score
Do you know cam and her dad carl, first trailer on beach at sunrise?

Is that the trailer kinda by itself almost in front of the launch ramp? If so, yea I did meet the gentleman who was there. Can't remember his name. He was ther last weekend with a few people. Nice guy. I've only been there once to secure my spot.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
Yes indeed they are doing some repairs on the place, but not always the pertinent things that they should be doing, like the boat ramp, and the dock, which has been horrible, last summer they replaced some of the dock bumpers, but not the wood which is rotten and coming up in areas. and the poles that hold it in place have metal rings on the outside, that in heavy wakes can overpower the bumpers and gouge the shit outta your boat. IMO they could very easily put them inside the mainframe and protect the boats better, but that would take labor which they are not about doing! the boathouse rentals are ok, but rented by aholes on holiday weekends which becomes little Tijuana down by the boat ramp..wont let my daughters go near there after dark! the store is usually open, but closed now on Sundays/Mondays, used to be Tues/Weds...
for the most part its a good park, we don't get a lot of feedback, or exposure, but that's how we like it... the beach is awesome with tree shade and picnic benches, but current is heavy, and not a lot of parking or areas to beach if needed on busy weekends. buoys are private, and anchors wont hold a boat when the river is up.
space rent has gone up across the board, house space rent is $522.50 a month plus utilities, and I think RV spaces are about $320 a month, plus utilities, if I remember correctly.
either way, hope you find something good! summer is fast approaching, and I still haven't finished my damn deck! but still looking forward to some good times as usual, and a bad day at the river still beats the best day working! (2 jobs).

Aloha!