WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big brother is watching....from somewhere near the I40 bridge in Topock

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
My friend received this is the mail today.....

Image1463723982.892925.jpg

He passed through their on Sunday 5/1, says he abided by the no wake zone at idle speed however a passenger on the boat did have a glass beer bottle that may have been in view.

So WTF - are there cameras? Is this a hidden observer? It this a sign of what's to come? Discuss.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was just talking to someone at shogun that received the same letter!!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Not good that you were filmed with non warning.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Anybody else think that these going out is a direct result of the backlash that usfws took at the public meetings, and now from McCain and flake?

Because the timing seems awfully coincidental.

Sbarry

Reaction score
I have never seen anything that says no glass bottles. And as long as I keep my trash in my boat who cares? I guess the US Department of the Interior does.

Money grabbing whores.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Never have glass on the boat, but didn't know their was a law for it. News to me... Pack it in, pack it out. What does it matter?

Btw... What the heck?! That is some creepy stuff if you ask me. Some granola crunchin' pervert zooming in close enough to see glass bottles has got to be looking at more than just glass. I'd be on the phone real quick

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Is there a fine? If so fight it. You will win. Your buddy didnt sign anything. Hell they coulda pulled his CF # and sent random letter for all you know. Fight it & watch it get thrown out

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
The level of bullshit these people are stepping to is unreal. The best part of coming to the river is you were away from this shit. As long as you weren't a dickhead you were left alone and could relax. These assholes are ruining it.

Singleton

Reaction score
They can only issue warnings. I believe the US Game and Wildlife can't issue fines, but only warnings in that area of the lake.

Dettom

Reaction score
Won't be long before someone finds the location of their spy cams. Time to give them a one finger wave when you go by.

707dog

Reaction score
whats the no glass bottles about is that really a law/rule? might have to take that hit corona in a can sucks balls..

MSum661

Reaction score
They can only issue warnings. I believe the US Game and Wildlife can't issue fines, but only warnings in that area of the lake.

This particular warning was not from US Game and Wildlife, it came from the DOI US Fish and Wildlfe Dept. and yes that agency works directly in tandem with Fish and Game Wardens with authority to enforce laws on public lands and waterways.

They can have the same authority as a Sheriff to make arrests, cite for DUI and In some instances, game wardens may actually have more power than police officers when it comes to warrantless searches of persons or vehicles.

Singleton

Reaction score
This particular warning was not from US Game and Wildlife, it came from the DOI US Fish and Wildlfe Dept. and yes that agency works directly in tandem with Fish and Game Wardens with authority to enforce laws on public lands and waterways.

They can have the same authority as a Sheriff to make arrests, cite for DUI and In some instances, game wardens may actually have more power than police officers when it comes to warrantless searches of persons or vehicles.

I need to go find the article, but the Havasu News had something when the i40 no wake zone was dropped into the water saying who had jurisdiction to enforce the zone and write tickets. It was very limited

Dettom

Reaction score

These fuckin fed agencies have run amock for way too long. Warrantless searches of persons and vehicles requires the same level of probable cause as any peace officer would have. Just because they're Feds, doesn't mean they can adapt their own standard and walk all over the 4th Amendment. That's unacceptable. Does anyone see a problem with this?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I wish they'd do that here. I think it's a great idea! Nothing pisses me off more than when we get a bunch of boats rafted up in the no wake zone and some dipshit comes rolling through there at what he thinks is 5 m.p.h. throwing a big ass wake.

riverroyal

Reaction score
maybe slow down in the wake zone!!!! Its a warning, that's good. No different than a red light camera to me. My guess its a warning since they have not posted signs indicating the 'red light camera' or cop hiding in the bushes with binoculars.
Once the signs are posted its a real ticket.

The big brother part sucks, but for me I don't have a problem with it. I would LOVE to see this set up in Thompson bay! Just for the rental jet skies though

Unfortunately someone will use these new warnings as ammunition to get the new rules pushed,,, A nice stack of warning looks like people are abusing the river to gov entities

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
whats the no glass bottles about is that really a law/rule? might have to take that hit corona in a can sucks balls..

Glass is banned at Rollins Lake (maybe other lakes also). I have seen the sheriff ticket someone at the sandbar for drinking out of a bottle on their boat (they didn't have any bottles on shore or outside of the boat). I almost always bring cans for that reason. However, if I am drinking out of glass, I usually pour it into a red cup and put the bottle in a trash bag.

GRADS

Reaction score
I have no problem with this "Big Brother" stuff out in public places because the bottom line is if you don't break the the law you have nothing to worry about.:hmm

GRADS

Reaction score
Glass is banned at Rollins Lake (maybe other lakes also). I have seen the sheriff ticket someone at the sandbar for drinking out of a bottle on their boat (they didn't have any bottles on shore or outside of the boat). I almost always bring cans for that reason. However, if I am drinking out of glass, I usually pour it into a red cup and put the bottle in a trash bag.

What kind of idiot brings glass on a boat anyway? One broken bottle in the ice chest will change your mind forever.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
This is disturbing and ridiculous.

I wonder if this big brother warning example, and the recent lone wolf acts taken to restrict areas of the river/lake, are gross enough to warrant a lawsuit. Seems that between us boaters, land owners, business owners, boat manufacturers and local politicians that a lawsuit could be investigated and funded. There has got to be a very talented and connected lawyer that is also a performance boat and river land owner that is concerned by these actions and would consider leading efforts to stop this.

DJ, it seems to me that your forum exists to bring together and serve boaters and "river" enthusiasts. Given RiverDaves is a leading "collective" it would be great to see you head up an effort to look at all options to try to halt/slow down this relentless march of the government on what we believe is our rights. I would think that owners of businesses like Nordic, DCB, Eliminator have very good lawyers and they have a vested interest in the perpetuation of our lifestyle. Maybe start with someone like Randy Davis, he is a very strong willed person with resources and likely the right connections.

Just some thoughts.....

MSum661

Reaction score
These fuckin fed agencies have run amock for way too long. Warrantless searches of persons and vehicles requires the same level of probable cause as any peace officer would have. Just because they're Feds, doesn't mean they can adapt their own standard and walk all over the 4th Amendment. That's unacceptable. Does anyone see a problem with this?

I've seen this as a problem for nearly 8 years.
I have a major issue going on right now related to Federal mining land I own and so I can say with confidence I clearly see the overreach.
Its insane and people can't go on assuming or grasping at straws and make guesses at this shit...got to dig at the truth of what is "Actually" going on.

There is a mass Fed. Enforcement going on and they are targeting certain lands.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I believe if the boat has a head/sink (same way you can write it off as a 2nd home) they can't screw with you over glass bottle rules, as the boat is a domicile.... Same way you can have glass in your motorhome in a state/national park, as long as it stays inside.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score

Here on the Lower River, we've never personally been hassled, but have heard stories of others that have. A group of friends were on a sandbar once and received tickets for glass bottles. Another group was on a sandbar and someone pulled up (not sure if it was LE or not), and handed out red solo cups to everyone who had glass bottles.

Most of the time, our beverages are in cans or plastic bottles (water, Garorade, etc), but once in awhile we have a cold Corona, or the like, in a bottle.....

TCHB

Reaction score
I know in the channel they will ask you to put away the glass bottles. They police were telling people to keep them on the boat.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Back in the day you would get busted in the Channel if you were caught with a glass bottle outside of your boat. If I remember correctly, as long as the bottle remained on the boat you were okay.

MSum661

Reaction score
I need to go find the article, but the Havasu News had something when the i40 no wake zone was dropped into the water saying who had jurisdiction to enforce the zone and write tickets. It was very limited

Really don't need the Havasu News to explain who has jurisdiction. The Area is a Federal Refuge. They enforce their Federal laws. Its fairly simple to understand.

Oso Viejo

Reaction score
What you didn't know is that Big Brother has one of these bad boys pointed at the Topock Gorge 24/7. Every move you make is recorded and fed into a Cray supercomputer in the hills of Maryland where a special 'Coors Light' algorithm sorts through them looking for glass bottles and boats with wakes.

spy satellite.jpg

Pretty sure there is another one pointed at RD's pad, too.

gmnhra

Reaction score
I have no problem with this "Big Brother" stuff out in public places because the bottom line is if you don't break the the law you have nothing to worry about.:hmm

So lets just have the chp monitor the electronics in your car and every time you go over the speed limit ...bammm...ticket in the mail....
every time you roll a little thru the stop sign making a right hand turn....ticket....

underpressure

Reaction score
Echoes of Glamis...

Pretty soon, we'll be getting an embedded chip to monitor us for all aspects of lives...too much alcohol, Bam! Too much sugar, BAM! Too much...

This is effing ridiculous. No way is it "legal" they can't (currently) identify the operator of the boat, so no effing way could they hold you accountable. Round file the "ticket", and enjoy your day (for now)...

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I believe if the boat has a head/sink (same way you can write it off as a 2nd home) they can't screw with you over glass bottle rules, as the boat is a domicile.... Same way you can have glass in your motorhome in a state/national park, as long as it stays inside.

Cool. Then I am golden and can tell the Sheriff: "Get Off My Porch" because I have a head (porta-potty) and a sink (bottle of water and a bowl). :D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I have never seen anything that says no glass bottles. And as long as I keep my trash in my boat who cares? I guess the US Department of the Interior does.

Money grabbing whores.

US Department of the Interior of Your Boat.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
We went under the I 40 bridge Wednesday and on the way back down my buddy said something about a sign that said you may be under surveillance. I was maneuvering around another boat and didn't see it, it was on the North side of the Railroad bridge, as I turned around didn't see one on the South side. I was driving slow, guess we'll see if I was truly wakeless. My first thoughts that day were, this is for Railroad vandalism, but this is bullshit.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Back in the day you would get busted in the Channel if you were caught with a glass bottle outside of your boat. If I remember correctly, as long as the bottle remained on the boat you were okay.

I seen a very drunk guy trying to throw away his bottles from his ice chest next to the bathrooms by the Heat Hotel. The bottles didn't make it in the trash can and broke all over the sidewalk. Dumb shit didn't know any better and walked right thru the broken glass area. He was picking glass out of his foot as his boat was leaving in a hurry. I flagged down the fireman in their golf cart and they put on their gloves and picked up the bloody glass.

Essexive G's

Reaction score
Anybody else think that these going out is a direct result of the backlash that usfws took at the public meetings, and now from McCain and flake?

Because the timing seems awfully coincidental.

Agree.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
I seen a very drunk guy trying to throw away his bottles from his ice chest next to the bathrooms by the Heat Hotel. The bottles didn't make it in the trash can and broke all over the sidewalk. Dumb shit didn't know any better and walked right thru the broken glass area. He was picking glass out of his foot as his boat was leaving in a hurry. I flagged down the fireman in their golf cart and they put on their gloves and picked up the bloody glass.

Has to be a twice a year boater... and I use 'boater' loosely :thumbsdown I cannot imagine anyone who regularly gets out treating the area that way. Idiot.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few camera's there. There is one, maybe two on the right side of the white bridge thing (whatever the F its called). Its on the right side if you are heading back down to Havasu. I always thought it was there to deter people from climbing up and jumping off.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score

...and firearms :)

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
We went under the I 40 bridge Wednesday and on the way back down my buddy said something about a sign that said you may be under surveillance. I was maneuvering around another boat and didn't see it, it was on the North side of the Railroad bridge, as I turned around didn't see one on the South side. I was driving slow, guess we'll see if I was truly wakeless. My first thoughts that day were, this is for Railroad vandalism, but this is bullshit.

I've seen the cameras on the railroad bridge and the gas line (the white pipe thing), and also thought that was for vandalism - not for playing big brother.

Feds suck!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I've see that sign. I actually wondered whose cameras they might be. They probably justify the cameras because the pipeline, railway, and highway could be terrorist targets.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I wish they'd do that here. I think it's a great idea! Nothing pisses me off more than when we get a bunch of boats rafted up in the no wake zone and some dipshit comes rolling through there at what he thinks is 5 m.p.h. throwing a big ass wake.

Dude...you agree with this letter program?

That wasn't the case here. He was at idle in the no wake area, as were 20 other boats. What's troubling to me is, what they are calling an "excessive wake" is a subjective item. Technically anything moving thru the water will leave some type of disturbance behind it. He was at idle, there was wind, multiple boats....etc.

This was a complete "let's document something for the sake of backing our cause" situation and it is totally out of context with the situation. On paper it reads like he plowed thru the no wake zone.

Bullshit

GRADS wouldn't you rather tell someone they are an asshole, than legislate action to prevent everyone from using their boat?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
maybe slow down in the wake zone!!!! Its a warning, that's good. No different than a red light camera to me. My guess its a warning since they have not posted signs indicating the 'red light camera' or cop hiding in the bushes with binoculars.
Once the signs are posted its a real ticket.

The big brother part sucks, but for me I don't have a problem with it. I would LOVE to see this set up in Thompson bay! Just for the rental jet skies though

Unfortunately someone will use these new warnings as ammunition to get the new rules pushed,,, A nice stack of warning looks like people are abusing the river to gov entities

Easy - He want blowing thru a no wake zone, he knows better and that is what's baffling about that comment in the letter.

This is pure documentation being sent out, serving only to back someone's agenda...now or later