Gary’s Skater 388ss?

Spooled Up MTI 52?

Lambo MTI?

DCB 1550s/1350s boats?

Top Cat Skater 368?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Haven't heard much this year, but if it's going to happen they should be the first group released after the parade which is scheduled for 11:00 am. today.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
It's not like it's a race or something.

tenor.gif

Singleton

Reaction score
With the passenger and speed restrictions in place, I don’t see that large group running hard to stop 1 anymore. Last time I participated, Gary and a few others dropped down in groups (speed), so they could have multiple folks in the boat and have fun. Group 1 is limited to 2 passengers

Taboma

Reaction score
It's not like it's a race or something.

View attachment 748283

They've got a few 80' center consoles zig zagging across and down the lake ahead of Group 1, speed bumps if you will :eek: :p
At least somebody figured out something those party barges are good for ;) :D

OK OK, just joking folks, calm the fuck down :eek: --- I'm responding to Grads, what else would you expect ? :)

Reaper1

Reaction score
With the passenger and speed restrictions in place, I don’t see that large group running hard to stop 1 anymore. Last time I participated, Gary and a few others dropped down in groups (speed), so they could have multiple folks in the boat and have fun. Group 1 is limited to 2 passengers
Speed Restrictions?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Speed Restrictions?
Yes if you have so many passengers you can only go so fast

I’m not sure for this year but 2 passengers was no limit speed. 3 was ok if 3 was needed to operate the boat. 4 was like 120 or something like that anymore than 4 was below 80

No alcohol and all participants must wear a life jackets

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Yes if you have so many passengers you can only go so fast

I’m not sure for this year but 2 passengers was no limit speed. 3 was ok if 3 was needed to operate the boat. 4 was like 120 or something like that anymore than 4 was below 80

No alcohol and all participants must wear a life jackets
This sounds kind of ludicrous to me....what is the thinking behind this? If there's an accident only 2 people get injured instead of 4?:confused: If that's not it than what is the reasoning behind it? They either need to limit the speed for everyone or call it what it really is....a RACE and hold the drivers and crew to racing standards.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
This sounds kind of ludicrous to me....what is the thinking behind this? If there's an accident only 2 people get injured instead of 4?:confused: If that's not it than what is the reasoning behind it? They either need to limit the speed for everyone or call it what it really is....a RACE and hold the drivers and crew to racing standards.
I don’t make the rules, but I remember in years past it’s due to insurance for storm poker runs. It was part of the requirement to obtain insurance.

Also to note this was previous years rules, I am assuming it’s the same this year but could be wrong.

Because they don’t close the lake down they can’t call it a race. Too much to make that happen. If they don’t fix this I see this event changing shape over the next few years.

I could see an informal “race” on Wednesday when the lake is empty and they are free to do whatever they want. The shotgun start and no limits speed is what made this event what it even is. Then rules came and it morphed into a party on the street and in the bars.

#makedesertstormgreatagain!

PlanB

Reaction score
The lake was not empty on Wednesday. I was on the water Monday, Tuesday and left town Wednesday night. Monday was the calmest day, but there were still people on the water. With the good economy it seems there are no off days on the lake anymore.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
With the good economy it seems there are no off days on the lake anymore.
Which, I believe contributes to a better economy for tomorrow as well.
Good thing it’s a big lake:)

Reactions: DWC

gqchris

Reaction score
The lake was not empty on Wednesday. I was on the water Monday, Tuesday and left town Wednesday night. Monday was the calmest day, but there were still people on the water. With the good economy it seems there are no off days on the lake anymore.

I was there also Wednesday and Thursday. Left this morning.

Both days felt like a weekend.

TCHB

Reaction score
In our group SJP was the second person to the card stop. The only boat in front of us was the big skater College Boat with the closed canopy. We were very close together all the way down.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
There were boats on the water today?? Did not see anything like years past.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TCHB

Reaction score
There were boats everywhere including the gorge to Pirates Cove.