WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big river

grumpy88

Reaction score
What is the story on big river below parker . Can you own the land ? Is it reservation land ? Private ? Does the water level stay high enough to boat ? Any info is appreciated

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
It's reservation. Water levels very. You can boat just have to watch water levels

milkmoney

Reaction score
Great jet boat area. I had a lot of fun on big river. My favorite is the rude/ float down to lost lake. Maybe a certain somebody will take me for a ride [emoji12][emoji41][emoji106][emoji202][emoji481]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Can't wait to see you guys again and do some boating together. This is going to be the start of some fun times for you guys.

It will be a good time for sure , I am itchin so bad. Trying to get out to Parker from the 29th of this month to the 2nd. Jus finalizing a couple small details.

Feeling sick. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
It will be a good time for sure , I am itchin so bad. Trying to get out to Parker from the 29th of this month to the 2nd. Jus finalizing a couple small details.

Feeling sick. [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

I'll be there April 1st and 2nd but just a rat race trip, no boating. Gotta do some cleaning up and getting ready for the season.

grumpy88

Reaction score
So the property down there up for sale is to good to be true ?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
So the property down there up for sale is to good to be true ?

My buddy has a water front place there and dumped a lot of money into his house. He said he would worry about it in 20 plus years when the lease is up. :champagne:

Icky

Reaction score
How's the indoor storage there at big River, I always see the sign on the way in. My only memory is from like 20 years ago, it rained and flooded that area.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Hell yes. See if ol Richard will come up to Parker where the cool kids are [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

I hear that the "cool kids" hang at Vans. :p

1274122514-vanspigstand640x480800kbps.jpg

catman

Reaction score
Big River is not Indian land.The land belongs to the department of the interior and is leased to the Indians,All roads are county maintained.The lease is up in 2029 and the riverfront owners are hoping that the gov will deed there land to them at a fair price.This has happened before up in Big Bear but who knows ? We built a riverfront home for a friend of mine in Big River.3500 sq ft home with a 4500 sq ft shop in front.He also has his own ramp.The way he looks at it is he is 66 years old now and might not even be around in 2029.He purchased a 1 acre waterfront lot 10 years ago for 50k.He tried to get me to build myself a home down there but it is to far from everything.You have to drive to Parker to get gas.food and booze..plus the low water mornings i was out..We bring our skis down there and the water even on the weekends is mostly flat all the way down river.It has its pros and cons for sure..

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
So if someone bought a house today, you wouldn't own the lot that the home sits on? What could potentially happen in 2029 then, when the lease is up?

In 2029, you get all your neighbors together, hire a lobbyist, cut a check to everyone, you end up buying the land from the government for pennies, and the politicians make out like bandits. Ask me how I know!

Bob Bitchen

Reaction score
I owned a waterfront lot several years and was going to build there, but several issues have been created by CRIT in the past 10 years.
About 8+/- years ago they came out with a letter and said they have no intension of renewing leases in 2029.
They charge 4% off the top of the sales price to transfer a lease.
They will hold no one in second place on a lease so all sales have to be CASH.
With the lease term being below 15 years and no mortgage possibilities it has KILLED this market.
That is why nice/newer waterfront homes are selling in the low 300's.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
So if someone bought a house today, you wouldn't own the lot that the home sits on? What could potentially happen in 2029 then, when the lease is up?

That is correct, you do not own the land.

It is CRIT land that is held in trust by the Department of Interior as reservation lands. The deal with the Department of Interior and CRIT had some shady shit to it but does give CRIT ultimate authority over the land. In the 60's an agreement was negotiated to lease 8,000 acres from CRIT to residents through a land management company and the Big River community was established. This lease agreement was put up for auction in the 90's and CRIT acquired it as well.

CRIT has already advised lease holders that their lease will not be renewed in 2029. Whether it's a power play or not nobody knows but it's not a good scenario when the landlord is playing games.

I'll enjoy our time until 2029 comes around and then reassess what to do. I wouldn't be buying in the community today. 20 years ago no problem.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

Ask the people that owned/ran Water Wheel and Riviera Drive just below the 10 bridge. Indians decided they didn't like the white man anymore and said get the F out. It got some pretty big arguments going on as to who owned what and who had control over what.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info . So I guess I will not be buying land there .

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
since 1979 . Parker, Havasu Landing, Big River, Needles, Crystal Beach, Topock, and so on .

Lots in the 'Keys' were $30K back then, great water access, but I needed more 'space' .

The only thing that may possibly still be available with 'water access' and on 'deeded land', is on the Arizona side, across from Havasu Springs Resort . (about even with the south end of the dam)

There is a row of 'deeded lots', 50' off of the water, no paved road, no city water (haul in), power available, because the overhead wires are just 500' away (spread cost over multiple owners), but you still can't build any docks on the lake there .

These lots are in a cove, just south of where the old ferry boat landing was, 50+ years ago .

I looked at them in 2004, as an investment, but being zoned as "school-educational, vacation-camp, agricultural", I figured it would take "at least 2 or 3 other people like us to afford a NICE project there" .

I'm too old to 'jump' into anything like that now .

Paul or Stacy can look up the exact location . (Mohave county land)

2Driver

Reaction score
2029, so what? That's 12 years of boating bliss on some of the flattest water around.

Buy an acre home waterfront for a deal with a launch ramp , use it for 12 years and when crit comes knocking pack your stuff up, get out and leave the toaster oven on broil. :thumbup:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
2029, so what? That's 12 years of boating bliss on some of the flattest water around.

Buy an acre home waterfront for a deal with a launch ramp , use it for 12 years and when crit comes knocking pack your stuff up, get out and leave the toaster oven on broil. :thumbup:

For that kind of ROI I would buy a waterfront home off of Budwesier Rd above Needles where the water is flat all of the time. At least you own the land. :thumbup:

2Driver

Reaction score
..........or my waterfront home and cabana in Moonridge which I listed today :thumbup:

DSC_7191.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
Why ? It lookseems so nice up there . Your 2 minutes fro. Launching in either part of the river too !

2Driver

Reaction score
Why ? It lookseems so nice up there . Your 2 minutes fro. Launching in either part of the river too !

57 and spent 34 years going to the river, 3 homes and 5 years full time and most of it in Moonridge. We are actually forcing ourselves to go do all the things we said we want to do before we run out of time. Kid goes to college in 2 years and we are off and running. LOL he is 15 and has never been to Powell because we are always at the river.

The week bareboating in BVI and a week in the Rockies last year got us off the dime. Its not an easy decision to disconnect for sure. Someone will get a killer set up and superb neighbors.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Is your property deeded land or leased space and what is the asking price ? Seams like a primo spot

2Driver

Reaction score