WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Big Thanks to Fallon Marine!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Had a business associate of my wife buy a brand new pontoon here in town.. They took it out and it didn’t run right. When they got home the boat leaked some fuel in their driveway.

They took it back to the dealer and it sat for 9 days untouched.. 😳

I called over to Fallon and said “it’s brand new it has to be something simple to fix”. They said bring it over and we will take a look!

I dropped it off and they said come pick it up it’s done! No charge it was just a simple fitting that came loose and is covered under warranty!

I didn’t get any pics of us dropping off the boat but I took a couple while I was walking around.

just wanted to say thanks for the excellent customer service.. They knew it was gonna be a quick fix and decided to fix it real quick instead of pushing it out weeks for something that ultimately took 15-20 minutes. :)
480F5099-04A8-4243-846E-3BBDCF9C6696.jpeg
CF09DAFB-16E5-4086-A42A-24141AA7A3B5.jpeg
2C443B4B-1767-429C-BA22-983DBFBB10B9.jpeg
15904CDA-2A0D-48EE-BC15-3D08841F213A.jpeg
05829443-D44E-4500-B3E7-D35E7A053156.jpeg

LAVEYNICK

Reaction score
Gil and Corina are awesome. They always do their best to try and accommodate their customers and do great work.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
Dave, I had quite the opposite experience with FALLON MARINE (Corina) last Thursday. I was in town and wanted to make sure they had parts available for a re-power on my pontoon. My new to me motor was already bolted on (by Shane) but FALLON MARINE was scheduled for the rigging on April 8th.

I arrive at FALLON MARINE and ago inside, Corina was busy, the young girl there helps me and can’t find me on the schedule. Mind you I have a confirming email from February 18th for the appointment. Corina then finishes up and tries to find me on their schedule, which is a desk calendar with names hand written on it. She can’t find me and my heart sinks knowing it took almost 2 months to get on their desk calendar schedule. She says “Sorry, we are slammed. I can find you another shop in Havasu. We have xx number of Sheriff boats, ...yada yada ahead of you.” I show her the email off my phone and her tone changes, and she says “That doesn’t mean anything. I don’t know why YOU people think we need your business.” -That is quote, unquote. At that time I am like FUCK this place, I won’t let them work on my boat if it was free.

I proceeded to head to Joe at Havasu Hot Laps. Super cool dude but couldn’t fit me in. He recommended Lakeland and I told him about the shitty service I just received at FALLON MARINE. He shook his head and heard grumbling from other customers too.

I head over to Lakeland. I guess Corina and her husband started at Lakeland. I didn’t know that. In any case, Lakeland squeezed me in for this Thursday for a pre-inspection so he can order all the new harness, gauges, binnacle, etc. When parts arrive, we will schedule the install. Just need it before Memorial weekend. I’ll run our Magic if I need to before then.

In short, I have never left a bad Google review in my life. I never felt so compelled to write one more than last Thursday after leaving FALLON MARINE. I think you posting the great service you received because you are RiverDave should be countered by the service received by the average customer not named RiverDave.

-TrojanDan

CobraDave

Reaction score
That’s an unfortunate story. One of the main reasons I wanted to by a house in Havasu was the boat service options there. I now realize I have better options towing it back to Socal and am more content with my lot purchase in Mohave Valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
Dave, I had quite the opposite experience with FALLON MARINE (Corina) last Thursday. I was in town and wanted to make sure they had parts available for a re-power on my pontoon. My new to me motor was already bolted on (by Shane) but FALLON MARINE was scheduled for the rigging on April 8th.

I arrive at FALLON MARINE and ago inside, Corina was busy, the young girl there helps me and can’t find me on the schedule. Mind you I have a confirming email from February 18th for the appointment. Corina then finishes up and tries to find me on their schedule, which is a desk calendar with names hand written on it. She can’t find me and my heart sinks knowing it took almost 2 months to get on their desk calendar schedule. She says “Sorry, we are slammed. I can find you another shop in Havasu. We have xx number of Sheriff boats, ...yada yada ahead of you.” I show her the email off my phone and her tone changes, and she says “That doesn’t mean anything. I don’t know why YOU people think we need your business.” -That is quote, unquote. At that time I am like FUCK this place, I won’t let them work on my boat if it was free.

I proceeded to head to Joe at Havasu Hot Laps. Super cool dude but couldn’t fit me in. He recommended Lakeland and I told him about the shitty service I just received at FALLON MARINE. He shook his head and heard grumbling from other customers too.

I head over to Lakeland. I guess Corina and her husband started at Lakeland. I didn’t know that. In any case, Lakeland squeezed me in for this Thursday for a pre-inspection so he can order all the new harness, gauges, binnacle, etc. When parts arrive, we will schedule the install. Just need it before Memorial weekend. I’ll run our Magic if I need to before then.

In short, I have never left a bad Google review in my life. I never felt so compelled to write one more than last Thursday after leaving FALLON MARINE. I think you posting the great service you received because you are RiverDave should be countered by the service received by the average customer not named RiverDave.

-TrojanDan

I'm glad I was not the only with this exact same experience. Mind you, I was one of their first customers when they NEEDED customers. It doesnt take long for these shops to start sipping their own koolaid and turn into celebrities.

I have to agree Dave, no way in HELL would us average Joes be told to "bring it on in!". And I refuse to name drop you to get service.

gqchris

Reaction score
That’s an unfortunate story. One of the main reasons I wanted to by a house in Havasu was the boat service options there. I now realize I have better options towing it back to Socal and am more content with my lot purchase in Mohave Valley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100%. Unless you are in the Kustom crowd, its a headache! I drag all my boats to WOT marine near Carlsbad! and yes, they stay at the river! LOL

. But I am actually going to message @namba860 about getting an appointment for a hatch lift install if he has the time.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Gil and Corina are fantastic. Have always had a great experience with them 👍👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
100%. Unless you are in the Kustom crowd, its a headache! I drag all my boats to WOT marine near Carlsbad! and yes, they stay at the river! LOL

. But I am actually going to message @namba860 about getting an appointment for a hatch lift install if he has the time.

Want to hear my story about Shane and hatch rams? 🤪 He told me to take my shit across the street! Lol..

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm glad I was not the only with this exact same experience. Mind you, I was one of their first customers when they NEEDED customers. It doesnt take long for these shops to start sipping their own koolaid and turn into celebrities.

I have to agree Dave, no way in HELL would us average Joes be told to "bring it on in!". And I refuse to name drop you to get service.

I don’t think name dropping me would get ya anything anywhere.. lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

-TrojanDan

I am sorry to hear that... :(. Unfortunately right now in Havasu that story is pretty much every shop because they are all so overbooked..

Hell I told AJ that I needed to do the first 20hr service on my toon and he said something about being backed up... I said “you want me to take it somewhere else?” Lol. Then I had to put down the clergy card being that I married him to Taylor. So now he’s gonna squeeze me in. 🤪

it’s rough out there right now. 😳
Oh I’m serious btw.. there’s an actual card..

image.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

-TrojanDan
I agree, after several issues with my OB boats I started hauling the boat back to Kyle at WOT in Carlsbad. I got the impression that Fallon was not interested in working on the old 2.5's and was mainly interested in repowers. WOT is big time into the old engines as is Joe at HotLaps. Joe has been a great help over the years but he is just swamped and I would say semi retired after his accident so its a bit harder to get in. But I do know that if I was in a bind he would be there to help, a few times he said bring it down now and one time he said just bring it up to my house and I will look at it.

He rigged my GMT race boat and it was a work of art.

Joker

Reaction score
I agree, after several issues with my OB boats I started hauling the boat back to Kyle at WOT in Carlsbad. I got the impression that Fallon was not interested in working on the old 2.5's and was mainly interested in repowers. WOT is big time into the old engines as is Joe at HotLaps. Joe has been a great help over the years but he is just swamped and I would say semi retired after his accident so its a bit harder to get in. But I do know that if I was in a bind he would be there to help, a few times he said bring it down now and one time he said just bring it up to my house and I will look at it.

X2 on Joe. He's a good guy and actually cares about his customers. If we get a chance to boat this year, I'll take it back to him for the service.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

-TrojanDan
A little louder for the people in the back

giphy.gif

gqchris

Reaction score

Kyle is awesome, thanks for referring me years back, Walt,

Joe is also one of the good guys! He saved my butt last year with an oil tank sender cap for my Essex. On a weekend none the less, he had the part!

RCDave

Reaction score
I've had nothing but consistently exemplary service from Fallon Marine.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just wanted to make sure I was clear that it was FALLON MARINE I had this recent experience with. 😎

you made your point earlier.. I am sorry you had that experience.. I was just sharing a positive experience I had, no more no less.

TrojanDan

Reaction score
you made your point earlier.. I am sorry you had that experience.. I was just sharing a positive experience I had, no more no less.
I was quoting Waffles’ Training Day Meme but I screwed up the reply. Thanks for bringing this up again!

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
X2 on Joe. He's a good guy and actually cares about his customers. If we get a chance to boat this year, I'll take it back to him for the service.
Joe is amazing. Great guy!

Duramax

Reaction score
Kyle is awesome, thanks for referring me years back, Walt,

Joe is also one of the good guys! He saved my butt last year with an oil tank sender cap for my Essex. On a weekend none the less, he had the part!
I agree. When I smoked my lower last year he saved my ass! Can't get a better dude.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

-TrojanDan
I tend to shy away from shops where everyone tells a story about how they squeezed them in and saved their weekend. That translates to, "they put aside someones scheduled project and ruined their planned trip 2 weeks from now".

robby dmax

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that... :(. Unfortunately right now in Havasu that story is pretty much every shop because they are all so overbooked..

Hell I told AJ that I needed to do the first 20hr service on my toon and he said something about being backed up... I said “you want me to take it somewhere else?” Lol. Then I had to put down the clergy card being that I married him to Taylor. So now he’s gonna squeeze me in. 🤪

it’s rough out there right now. 😳
Oh I’m serious btw.. there’s an actual card..

View attachment 989667
I was thinking you were going to pull the white power card on us Dave!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Come on Dave tell the whole story. You wanted me to try to correct some kind of experimental sign on your concession trailer. This was not a boat issue at all.

that was the whole story.. it’s two worm drive rams same as hatch actuators. They just lift a sign instead of a engine hatch. I’m not sure what would he experimental about it..

Turned out it was a short in one of the wires.. no big deal... They ran a new wire. The guys up the street, not across the street figured it out in a few minutes. 🤪.

No big deal.. Was just giving ya shit. 😜