WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bigfoot

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Seen something, and Im not talking about the pickup truck, nor the retarded kid Timmy up the street.

Turns out unbeknownst to me at the time, the area was once a hot bed of sightings of something that had a bunch of different names but all are a lot like "bigfoot".

UD

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
No.

But I know a man who claims his father had an experience with something up in the Siskiyou's in the 70's
I have never known this guy or his Dad to lie.
Ever.
There have been a number of reports in my region of the Sierras since the 70's.
I would say I don't laugh them all off. I don't know.
I do know this...get in an airplane and fly from hwy 58 north, right up the spine of the Sierra Nevada, then the Cascades, all the way up to the Canadian border.
There are millions and millions of acres of forest that has never been touched by man, or hasn't been in years. Lots of ground that we, at least the public, doesn't know a thing about.
Once, many years ago, up in the high country in my county I heard some things I cannot explain, and I have heard every critter their is in this neck of the woods. None of them could have made those sounds. I don't know what I heard, but I know what it wasn't.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
:thumbup:

Attachments

• 12749954_497079920452598_954417984_n.jpg
    12749954_497079920452598_954417984_n.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 98

HOSS

aka jroos
Reaction score
I only ask `cause I think I saw one in walmart a lil while ago. Phone was in the dually so I couldnt get a shot. It looked right at me turned the corner and was gone. I always go checkout in the whitey line in the garden section so its possible it ran towards the front.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
No.

But I know a man who claims his father had an experience with something up in the Siskiyou's in the 70's
I have never known this guy or his Dad to lie.
Ever.
There have been a number of reports in my region of the Sierras since the 70's.
I would say I don't laugh them all off. I don't know.
I do know this...get in an airplane and fly from hwy 58 north, right up the spine of the Sierra Nevada, then the Cascades, all the way up to the Canadian border.
There are millions and millions of acres of forest that has never been touched by man, or hasn't been in years. Lots of ground that we, at least the public, doesn't know a thing about.
Once, many years ago, up in the high country in my county I heard some things I cannot explain, and I have heard every critter their is in this neck of the woods. None of them could have made those sounds. I don't know what I heard, but I know what it wasn't.

Personally, I really want to believe in Bigfoot. My heartburn comes from, me being a very devoted hunter. Hunters today, and their gear have gotten very good. If there was something to see, a trail camera, a spotting scope, a drone or something would have provided indisputable photographic evidence by now. Again, I'd really like to believe in them.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I don't remember the member here but he has a good story about his encounter. This subject has come up before and quite a few here have seen something.[emoji205]

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I have. I grew up in WA state just a few miles from the Olympic National Park. My parents property was adjacent to a creek/stream (too small to consider a river) and there was a road that continued on from our county road up along the creek bank for access to the power lines right of way a couple miles south of the house. We used that road and the power line right of way daily as kids riding our quads and dirt bikes. One weekend morning in second grade, a buddy and I decided to ride bicycles up the road. About a half mile from the house, I looked to my right through the forest and there stood, what I described at the time, as a big Indian with red eyes. I'd estimate 25 yards or less away from where we were, this thing stood in a ray of sunlight. I wasted no time staring, I immediately turned around and peddled my bike home as fast as I could with buddy right behind me. I don't recall a smell, nor do I have a good visual image of much other than those piercing red eyes in the sunlight. I spent many more years riding brought those woods and never had another sighting.

I am a firm believer, and would be without the experience described above. Too many sightings for there not to be something out there. 3 or 4 times a year I'll spend a couple hours on the BFRO website reading all of Hebrew reports/stories. I love the visual pictures painted in the descriptions and the uneasy feeling produced by putting yourself in their story. Can't say that I'd want to meet one up close in the wild, but I'd love to see another one and observe from afar. I hope others here have stories to share! Thanks for starting this thread

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
How's this? Hmm,, not quite what I was going for,,
Pretty convincing looking.[emoji106]
To me the most incredible shots were from Survivorman. If for real, and I have no clue if not, they're stunning pics/video.
[video=youtube_https;EzOjOGizKX0]https://youtu.be/EzOjOGizKX0[/video]

phuggit

Reaction score
"I only ask `cause I think I saw one in walmart a lil while ago. Phone was in the dually so I couldnt get a shot. It looked right at me turned the corner and was gone. I always go checkout in the whitey line in the garden section so its possible it ran towards the front."

Should have yelled Michelle and waited to see if it would turn around.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Michelle Obama Shoe Size/Feet Size: 11.5 (US)

MOUZER

Reaction score
see the movie legends of boggie creek as a kid scared the shit out of me...........

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
"I only ask `cause I think I saw one in walmart a lil while ago. Phone was in the dually so I couldnt get a shot. It looked right at me turned the corner and was gone. I always go checkout in the whitey line in the garden section so its possible it ran towards the front."

Should have yelled Michelle and waited to see if it would turn around.
Ol' Hoss' humor ain't changed one iota....flmao[emoji23]

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yes.
33 years ago in Alaska.
Granite creek, just south of turnagin pass on the kenai peninsula.
I've told the story here before.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
nganga;

I agree that hunters and their tech have improved. I was an active deer hunter for a long time, and in my work have been in some amazing unspoiled areas.
I am not ready to go as far as you have, don't believe that because of our tech and further reach into the back country we have seen everything.
Can't get there.

Ziggy...

the Survivorman video 'evidence" was not shot by Les Stroud. It was shot by a guy named Todd Standing, who has almost universally been labeled a hoaxer. His stuff has been analyzed by Facial recognition experts and found to be bogus. In fact, a reasonable case has been made that a couple of his "pictures" were actually....him...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Ziggy...

the Survivorman video 'evidence" was not shot by Les Stroud. It was shot by a guy named Todd Standing, who has almost universally been labeled a hoaxer. His stuff has been analyzed by Facial recognition experts and found to be bogus. In fact, a reasonable case has been made that a couple of his "pictures" were actually....him...

I knew it was a special bigfoot hunt episode that Les did with someone and it did seem coincidental that Sasquatch happened to show up.

Heylam

Reaction score
I thought I had one in my sights, but just then the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus stepped right in front and blocked my view. Damn it, that close!!

HOSS

aka jroos
Reaction score
see the movie legends of boggie creek as a kid scared the shit out of me...........

Dude, no lie, at 49 and drinking Bud Light, that movie did something to my brain as a kid. I still get scared driving through certain areas of New Orleans. I`ve learned not to carry bait. Churches` Chicken grease travels through the air heavy.

HOSS

aka jroos
Reaction score
Pretty convincing looking.[emoji106]
To me the most incredible shots were from Survivorman. If for real, and I have no clue if not, they're stunning pics/video.
[video=youtube_https;EzOjOGizKX0]https://youtu.be/EzOjOGizKX0[/video]

Now that mutha phuca looks just like my neighbors maid lookin at my ass through the bushes.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Searched and can't find it. Link?

Hell I don't know, it's been a few years since I told the story here.

The hair on my arms is standing up right now...as it does every time I talk about it.

Boatmaster

Reaction score
Still not sure what I saw but I believe. I think I saw one in northern CA on
Lake Shasta in the early 90s. I was with two other people and we all saw the same thing! Crazy!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score

All I remember is the dude on the shitter and him sliding out running down the hallway. LOL Maybe i blocked the rest out because I do remember it being scary at the time.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Interesting read. I'm a believer in these type of things because despite the hoaxes, too many honest sane folks have encountered them. Many don't say a thing in order to be free of skeptics harrassment.

Though I don't actively keep track or do thorough research, I occasionally read a few articles and have discovered "creatures" exist in many many areas I was not aware about. There is an area in the Sam Houston National Forest in NE TX where regular sightings/encounters have been reported for years. Large highly remote area so it makes sense.

What does bug me is that in spite of finding chat and hair, no solid DNA findings have been confirmed. The one reported listes a myriad of animal DNS but nothing that is specific to some unknown creature. Kinda odd to me.

But maybe one day. Lots of kooks, but too many sane intelignent folks into this search, to not think someday the mystery can be solved.

evantwheeler

Reaction score

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Stumbled across this looking for an old post. Any new bigfoot sightings/stories out there?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was wondering what drug this thread up.. lol

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My name is Darrel😂