WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bilge blower decibel level

Bobo57

Reaction score
D
Hi all,
Didn‘t know the best place to post this but here goes....

Need to replace the bilge blower in the 22, was super noisy during the test run. Found out the fan fell off the shaft and the noise was terrible. All I heard was the whine of the shaft over the engine.

Bought a new fan and decided to do a quick test before installation. Measured the noise level at 95 DB of the new blower.

That just seems crazy loud to me. Anybody out there know of any quieter models? Using a 3 inch.
THX
B

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
D
Hi all,
Didn‘t know the best place to post this but here goes....

Need to replace the bilge blower in the 22, was super noisy during the test run. Found out the fan fell off the shaft and the noise was terrible. All I heard was the whine of the shaft over the engine.

Bought a new fan and decided to do a quick test before installation. Measured the noise level at 95 DB of the new blower.

That just seems crazy loud to me. Anybody out there know of any quieter models? Using a 3 inch.
THX
B
Replaced just the fan or the whole blower? Maybe the bearings/bushings are shot on the motor if you reused it.

Bobo57

Reaction score
Replaced just the fan or the whole blower? Maybe the bearings/bushings are shot on the motor if you reused it.
Purchased a complete fan assembly, a Shurflo yellow tail model. Dang that thing is loud......