WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bill Weld is looking good at the Iowa State fair ;)

Reaction score
If you're a republican, we have better options.

"
Bill Weld is a former two-term Republican Governor of Massachusetts, elected in 1990 with 50% of the vote and reelected in 1994 with 71% of the vote. He was the first Republican to be elected Governor in Massachusetts in 20 years, and began a run of four Republican Governors in a row.

In office, Bill was ranked the most fiscally conservative Governor in the country by The Wall Street Journal and the Cato Institute. He served as national co-chair of the U.S. Privatization Council and of U.S. Term Limits.

Prior to being elected, Bill served seven years in President Ronald Reagan’s Justice Department, as Assistant U.S. Attorney General in charge of the Criminal Division in Washington, DC, and as the United States Attorney for Massachusetts, where he won 109 convictions in 111 prosecutions of public corruption. Earlier he was a staff member in the U.S. House of Representatives, where he participated in the Watergate impeachment case, and the U.S. Senate."

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Lol Bill Weld, the 'libertarian' that endorsed Obama in 2008, and basically did the same for Hillary in 2016 even though he was running against her....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This might be one of the few people with less credibility than the tards in this forum that think Trump is a Russian agent, and that Obama didn't wiretap Trump's campaign.

1562854968659.jpg

Reaction score
Lol Bill Weld, the 'libertarian' that endorsed Obama in 2008, and basically did the same for Hillary in 2016 even though he was running against her....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This might be one of the few people with less credibility than the tards in this forum that think Trump is a Russian agent, and that Obama didn't wiretap Trump's campaign.

You're correct Racey. He did endorse Obama. He also stated he reasons (quoted below). Trump on the other hand was registered as a democract (something Weld has never done), and voted for Bill Clinton.

CONCORD, N.H. - Former Massachusetts Gov. William F. Weld, a Republican, endorsed Democrat Barack Obama for president on Friday, citing the senator's good judgment, "deep sense of calm" and "first-class political temperament."

Weld said he has never endorsed a Democrat for president before, but in the last six weeks or so, it became "close to a no-brainer." Obama has a history of bringing Democrats, Republicans and independents together and is the best choice at a time when America's standing in the world is at a low point, he said.

"It's not often you get a guy with his combination of qualities, chief among which I would say is the deep sense of calm he displays, and I think that's a product of his equally deep intelligence," he said in a telephone interview.

He insisted his endorsement was based on an assessment of Obama's strengths, not Republican John McCain's weaknesses.

"John McCain is a very good guy," he said. "I do think the Republican Party has been playing on an increasingly small field in the last couple of elections."

Weld joined other prominent Republicans endorsing Obama over McCain in the campaign's final weeks, including former Secretary of State Colin Powell, former Minnesota Gov. Arne Carlson and Scott McClellan, former press secretary to President Bush, who broke ranks with Bush weeks ago in publishing a tell-all book.

Weld announced his support at a news conference at Obama's campaign office in Salem. Last year, he came to New Hampshire to campaign for another former Massachusetts governor, Republican W. Mitt Romney, who ended his bid for the presidential nomination in February.

Weld was governor of Massachusetts from 1991 to 1997. Before that, he was U.S. attorney for Massachusetts under President Reagan and later led the criminal division of the U.S. Justice Department.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
CONCORD, N.H. - Former Massachusetts Gov. William F. Weld, a Republican, endorsed Democrat Barack Obama for president on Friday, citing the senator's good judgment, "deep sense of calm" and "first-class political temperament."

Weld said he has never endorsed a Democrat for president before, but in the last six weeks or so, it became "close to a no-brainer." Obama has a history of bringing Democrats, Republicans and independents together and is the best choice at a time when America's standing in the world is at a low point, he said.

"It's not often you get a guy with his combination of qualities, chief among which I would say is the deep sense of calm he displays, and I think that's a product of his equally deep intelligence," he said in a telephone interview.

Good God...are you shittin’ me??

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Good God...are you shittin’ me??

Exactly, if weld was truly libertarian he would have kept his mouth shut and NOT ENDORSED EITHER McCain or Obama....

How the hell you can claim to be a conservative or libertarian politician and then endorse Obama defies all logic.

8os1.png

Last edited:

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
You're correct Racey. He did endorse Obama. He also stated he reasons (quoted below). Trump on the other hand was registered as a democract (something Weld has never done), and voted for Bill Clinton.

He insisted his endorsement was based on an assessment of Obama's strengths, not Republican John McCain's weaknesses.

"John McCain is a very good guy," he said. "I do think the Republican Party has been playing on an increasingly small field in the last couple of elections."

Weld joined other prominent Republicans endorsing Obama over McCain in the campaign's final weeks, including former Secretary of State Colin Powell, former Minnesota Gov. Arne Carlson and Scott McClellan, former press secretary to President Bush, who broke ranks with Bush weeks ago in publishing a tell-all book.

Weld announced his support at a news conference at Obama's campaign office in Salem. Last year, he came to New Hampshire to campaign for another former Massachusetts governor, Republican W. Mitt Romney, who ended his bid for the presidential nomination in February.

Weld was governor of Massachusetts from 1991 to 1997. Before that, he was U.S. attorney for Massachusetts under President Reagan and later led the criminal division of the U.S. Justice Department.
Osama has a history alright. Just nobody knows what it is.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Another republican calls out trump , and plans s run for president!

Probably have just as many options as the Democrats in 2020

Reaction score
Looks like the real GOP is waking up. Walsh had a lot to say today about Trump.

“We’ve never had a situation like this. You can’t believe a word [Trump] says. And again, I don’t care your politics ― that should concern you. He’s nuts. He’s erratic. He’s cruel. He stokes bigotry. He’s incompetent.”

“George, he’s a narcissist,” Walsh, who made a name for himself as a Tea Party activist, continued. “The only thing he cares about is Trump. He doesn’t give a damn about America.”

:)

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Meanwhile:
QUOTE:THE HILL 8/26/19
President Trump said Sunday that the U.S. and Japan have agreed in principle to a bilateral trade deal involving agriculture and digital products.
Trump told reporters during a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on the sidelines of the Group of Seven (G-7) summit that he expected the two countries to officially sign the pact during the United Nations General Assembly meeting in September

Reaction score
Meanwhile:
QUOTE:THE HILL 8/26/19
President Trump said Sunday that the U.S. and Japan have agreed in principle to a bilateral trade deal involving agriculture and digital products.
Trump told reporters during a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on the sidelines of the Group of Seven (G-7) summit that he expected the two countries to officially sign the pact during the United Nations General Assembly meeting in September

Japan makes great cars, and in the 1970's, ruled the Stereo and TV markets.

U.S. Agriculture has been hit hard.
My family owns 1200 acres of soybeans & corn (800 acres planted this year, because of too much rain).
Any help from Japan will be helpful, but this year is probably going to be one of the worse I've ever experienced.

I personally have too much work, and not enough trained employees to expand my business (Technology Services).
I'm already at 20% overtime, trying not to burnout my employees. We've been in this situation before Trump took office.

What are you hoping for...realistically, in the next year? ....5 years?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I personally have too much work, and not enough trained employees to expand my business (Technology Services).
I'm already at 20% overtime, trying not to burnout my employees. We've been in this situation before Trump took office.

Well,for sure you have alot on your plate.Different for me,i earn a living and fortunate to own a busness doing what others do NOT want to do.In fact Street Sweepers always the joke.LoL.Learned along time ago stick with what you know best and have good loyal people around you. For several years now the next generation has stepped in with us.Totally enjoy what they are doing with todays tech.Hell,i can look at a screen that will inform me if a driver runs a stop sign or how fast he going and exactly where the truck located + Maintenance issues on each truck.
California "Carb" is a major issue right now,the years have gone by fast and their deadlines have arrived.The answer to that is "Conservative Expansion".Search out good used equipment that is Carb Compliant.New Equip far too expensive,technology of a sweeper has changed little in 25 years,but $$$ incredible for the same truck.
Your correct,"Overtime"payroll is incredible. I enjoy seeing our guys enjoying what they have earned.
FWIW,i honestly believe TRUMP is taking the United States to new levels of opportunity for people that want to work.All the hate and discontent is pathetic and has become nothing more than a good internet comedy show. Reality is far different from the hate rhetoric.

Last edited:

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
Where is your "Sweeper base"... I could use some part time work... Cut down on your overtime and I don't need any benefits... Perfect driving record, drug test no problem..
Ray

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score

U.S. Agriculture has been hit hard.
My family owns 1200 acres of soybeans & corn (800 acres planted this year, because of too much rain).
Any help from Japan will be helpful, but this year is probably going to be one of the worse I've ever experienced.

What a mixed bag of dog doo.
In the 70's japanese cars were shit. There were plenty of American made electronics. They just cost a few bucks more but would last for decades over the imported stuff.
As far as your family farm, grow food people want to buy locally. Stop trying to compete with big AG. They are who's killing your family farm.
You're lack of business experience in training new employees is nobody's fault but your own. I'm fairly sure whatever it is you do, somebody else does it better. Figure out what they are doing better and capitalize on their experience.
Use that as a 5 year plan. ;)

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
In the 70's japanese cars were shit. There were plenty of American made electronics. They just cost a few bucks more but would last for decades over the imported stuff.
As far as your family farm, grow food people want to buy locally. Stop trying to compete with big AG. They are who's killing your family farm.
You're lack of business experience in training new employees is nobody's fault but your own. I'm fairly sure whatever it is you do, somebody else does it better. Figure out what they are doing better and capitalize on their experience.
He needs to get his county ag agent, Hank Kimball to line things out.....

Reaction score

Price, Speed, and Quality. You can have any two. :)

I've been in business 35 years. I have my niche. Others in my business have the same problems I do. (Some have more).
Our original family farm has been in the family since the late 1800's. We've grown it in size, as technology has allowed us.
I get offers from foreigner's to sell both. Fortunately our business's are debt free, and we like what we do.
I don't see too many American buyers out there.

As far as electronics' and car's go, you must be thinking of the 1950-60's. :) The 1970's and 80's American cars were a nightmare, and what's left of RCA (a GE company), was run into the ground, before bought out by Sony.

The GOP screwed up a lot of industries, with nothing to replace them, and our workforce has suffered as a result. Didn't Gore invent the internet? (I believe it's still around, and growing the workforce). :)

We need a fiscally conservative President, in relation to our GDP. Bill Clinton did it with the internet, and Bush II sold most of it too China, to support the Iraqi war, along with the cellphone industry. Obama was in the process of developing a renewable energy industry, but Trump has allowed China to pass us up, at the blink of an eye, along with destroying our environment world wide..

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Where is your "Sweeper base"... I could use some part time work... Cut down on your overtime and I don't need any benefits... Perfect driving record, drug test no problem..
Ray

Good conversation Ray, Thanks