WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Billet Swim Step Help

RichieRich

Reaction score
I know there are a few older posts about this, but I couldn't find anything current.
I have the billet swim steps on my boat and would like to get either the rubber inserts or some gator step cut to put over the top.
Has anyone done the gator step on them and how did it turn out?
I ordered my Aqua Performance pull down step today and will be installing it on Thursday when I go back up to Havasu.
Any help would be great
thanks
rich

transomx.JPG

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I know there are a few older posts about this, but I couldn't find anything current.
I have the billet swim steps on my boat and would like to get either the rubber inserts or some gator step cut to put over the top.
Has anyone done the gator step on them and how did it turn out?
I ordered my Aqua Performance pull down step today and will be installing it on Thursday when I go back up to Havasu.
Any help would be great
thanks
rich

View attachment 991586

Try Eddie Marine or Dana/Marine Industries West for the rubber inserts. They kind of look like the no rubber Dana steps.

RichieRich

Reaction score
Try Eddie Marine or Dana/Marine Industries West for the rubber inserts. They kind of look like the no rubber Dana steps.

That's what I was thinking but was hoping someone if Havasu may sell them or be able to cut me some thing this week
Are you guys heading up this weekend?

Good Stuff

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking but was hoping someone if Havasu may sell them or be able to cut me some thing this week
Are you guys heading up this weekend?
Yes headed up Thursday. Might stay through next Monday, otherwise we come home Monday and head back Wednesday for DS.

Saw a billet front walkoff area on the Magic deck with Seadeck type material on it and it looked great. Try Detail Specialties for GatorStep but they are probably a custom template and cut that you need. Phoenix or SD are closest places that make the cuts I think.

Backlash

Reaction score
The steps in your picture look like the billet steps that do not have the correct recess in the surface. The recess is needed to hold the black rubber strips onto the surface of the steps. You may have to try something a little more kustom, or pony up for the other swim steps.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Call Detail Specialties (928) 706-5339 to make sure his template guy is available. Probably take him 15-20 minutes on your way to the launch to template it all out and give you a price.