WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bimini pole material

nrbr

Reaction score
I'm ditching the straps and tig welding the ends on the new "struts". Since I'm going to do all that I'd like to make the whole top 3 inches wider to fit boat better. It originally came off another boat and kinda fit. Where can I buy sticks of this stuff in stainless 7/8 o.d in socal??? I'm hoping I can bend it with a conduit bender

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I'm ditching the straps and tig welding the ends on the new "struts". Since I'm going to do all that I'd like to make the whole top 3 inches wider to fit boat better. It originally came off another boat and kinda fit. Where can I buy sticks of this stuff in stainless 7/8 o.d in socal??? I'm hoping I can bend it with a conduit bender

Nothing I found in So Ca except West Marine.. Very pricy

I used these guys for tubing and deck hardware brackets

Taco Service was very good, I ordered 7/8" x 6' they sent 1" (mismarked label)

They immediately sent the 7/8" and told me to keep the original 1" x 6'

http://www.marineindustrieswest.com...=1eb70b7-fff9488b-a85b-4687-8166-8ff9a1ee863e

https://tacomarine.com/stainless-steel-tube

nrbr

Reaction score

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
So are you trying to weld 3 in peace in the center and widen your frame? Or you trying to build a whole new frame?

nrbr

Reaction score
So are you trying to weld 3 in peace in the center and widen your frame? Or you trying to build a whole new frame?
Plan on welding both ends of the "struts" that will replace the straps. Then remake the frame 3" wider to fit boat better

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Okay gotcha. I was going to say I've got some cut off so you could have if you were welding it in. So basically you're building a whole new top. Because your canvas isn't going to fit a 3in wider frame. Is your frame flat or does it have an arc across the top?

Last edited:

nrbr

Reaction score
Okay gotcha. I was going to say I've got some cut off so you could have if you were welding it in. So basically you're building a whole new top. Because your canvas isn't going to fit a 3in wider frame. Is your frame flat or does it have an arc across the top?
Its flat. I was hoping canvas would still fit just be further up the sides is all? It's an aluminum frame now all scratched up so I've got enough reasons to "justify" building a new deal . I appreciate the offer on the cutoffs!