WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Birthday celebration in Cabo

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
My son turned 21 today so we planned a trip to Cabo months ago for this, our 23rd anniversary and Mother’s Day. We celebrated his birthday today by going fishing this morning. I know that we have many experienced fisherman here on RDP that have visited Cabo countless times, but this was our first. Needless to say, this won’t be our last! We caught @250lbs of nice fish in about 2 1/2 hours and cooked up one of the Groupers for lunch as soon as we got off the boat back at the palapa restaurant in our condos. Today was a good day and definitely a birthday he won’t forget!!
IMG_4875.jpg
IMG_4866.jpg
IMG_0400.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg
IMG_4886.jpg
IMG_4887.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Awesome Kurt.:cool:
Happy Birthday to your boy, happy mother's day to the Mrs. and happy anniversary to the two of you.:cool::D
Way to consolidate :)

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
That is awesome! Happy birthday to him! Super proud of him, great kid!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
That is a great birthday. The fish looks delicious!!!! A friend just got back from Mexico with Manana tequila. You gotta have some of that while you are there.

1ACF0FA6-79A6-4B71-A7C7-8F466F498FBD.jpeg

cofooter

Reaction score
Did you eat the Rooster or throw it back, I've always thrown them back, heard they were not good to eat...….

Backlash

Reaction score
Awesome pics and nice fish!

I've never caught roosterfish but have heard they arent good to eat and I've heard of different ways to cook them. So I'm not sure. I bet the locals eat them but tell the tourists they taste like shit.

:D

Prolly the same for the Pacific barracuda. Most people don't keep them, but I have and have cooked plenty that tastes good. Never know till you try it out!!

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Did you eat the Rooster or throw it back, I've always thrown them back, heard they were not good to eat...….

We threw them back. Good fighting fish but the skipper said the same thing - not a good eating fish.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Awesome pics and nice fish!

I've never caught roosterfish but have heard they arent good to eat and I've heard of different ways to cook them. So I'm not sure. I bet the locals eat them but tell the tourists they taste like shit.

:D

Prolly the same for the Pacific barracuda. Most people don't keep them, but I have and have cooked plenty that tastes good. Never know till you try it out!!

We caught 3 Roosters and threw them all back along with the Jack Crevalle for that reason - they aren’t good eating fish.

We brought one of the Groupers back and the restaurant cooked it up. That fish was delicious! We also caught 3 Amber Jacks that the skipper said were good eating. I gave those fish to him. Yeah, who knows what some of these restaurants are really serving!

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Awesome! Wife and I fly out tomorrow am for 7 days down there. What fishing charter did you use?

I went with a referral from a buddy that comes down several times a year. His Name is Tonchi and he runs his own small CC, nothing fancy. If you want his info, let me know. I didn’t see anybody catching more fish than were yesterday!
Have a great time!