WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Birthing and Care for Puppies 101. Need a crash course

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Two days ago i walked out my door to the surprise of a dog lying against my garage door. I paused for a quick second as it almost looked like a young coyote as i hadnt had my morning coffee to wake me up yet. The dog got up and looked at me timidly, and i walked towards it and crouched down. It walked up to me and accepted touch and began to enjoy some chin and ear scratches. The dog appeared clean and not injured or abused. It had a collar on, but sadly no tag. Its a female, and it appears very pregnant…..

I spent a bit walking my property and couldnt find any obvious openings to my eye. All the while im walking, the new dog is no further than 2’ from me at any time. I went outside my fence and out of sight of new dog to do some trash can shuffling, and thats when she showed me how she got in. There is a 12” diameter hole down low on one of my chainlink rolling gates. My dog is a literal street rescue, 6yrs old or so, and he has no desire to wanter or explore, so this hole has never been exploited before.

I joined a local facebook group for lost pets in our area (Menifee) to post her photo and a found dog alert. Its 36 hrs later and the idiot administrators still haven't approved my post. I have a retired neighbor with a stay at home daughter and grandkids. He agrees to watch new dog for the day in hopes the owner pops up and it buys me some time to figure out what is going to happen. We get a local rescue owner to stop by and scan for chip, no chip. Her estimate is new dog is due to deliver in a weeks time. Looks to be about 2 years olds based on bright white teeth. Advises our local shelter in Elsinore will terminate the pups upon intake even though they are a claimed “no kill” shelter. She offers to take the dog and birth and adopt out the litter but there are some hurdles to overcome for that to happen.

That seems like the easy button and probably the best thing for the mom and pups as i have zero birthing or puppy raising experience. I do want another dog to keep my buddy Charlie company, but it really doesnt work with my current employment and sporadic traveling for work. Ive been super fortunate to always make it work with boarding or bringing my dog with me for work trips, definitely dont see having 2 dogs working out well….

So the woman that runs the rescue only takes in old and disabled dogs, is at her legal capacity of 7 dogs over the age of 10 and needs a permit exception to take in this dog and the coming puppies. Retired neighbor has a male cattle dog who is a real prick and would likely kill the pups based on past interactions with other dogs. He did a solid watching her for 2 days but said no more. I am feeling like the world wants me to experience dog birth and puppy raising and im open to the idea given the other alternatives at this moment are all pretty cruel.

Anyone experienced with birthing and doing puppies the right way? I have a pretty massive walk in shower that im thinking would be a good whelping den. Just learned what that word meant tonight after googling about dog birth. I dont want to be ignorant to easy and common knowledge that may keep these pups alive, so any real world experience is welcome!

Shes some kind of cattle dog, and is a real well behaved sweetheart. She laid outside while i cooked dinner and ate, i only had to shoo her out twice and she seemed to know exactly what i wanted when i pointed and said “out”. I haven't heard her bark yet, which is great because i absolutely cannot stand dogs that bark other than when necessary. Tonight is her first night in my house and she is eating kibble and drinking water.

Here’s to hoping i dont step in a fresh pile on my way to the bathroom at 4am in the dark.

B1B85BAC-90AB-4C88-BE9C-95A79773201C.jpeg
9B540519-C8A4-4079-9055-8F302AB3BFD4.jpeg
72C5A2F6-5742-48D4-A6D7-DF912DD1CDBB.jpeg
6A658B1C-79C9-48AB-BC7E-5CB3BCD0AA1E.jpeg
1282CB49-9949-4FC8-BB34-2646CE9B978E.jpeg

evantwheeler

Reaction score
i do do utilize search, but hate capitalizing my i’s on the phone so bear with me please.

I found this info posted by campbell carl (RIP)

“Ten puppies born over Thanksgiving weekend. Harley isn't a good Mom and good thing that I was home. Had a whelping box set up but she'd have no part of it. Finally let her out into the yard where she starting dropping puppies and walking away. Good thing that I'd done enough research to know, break the bag, blow into face/nose, clean off bag, cut off bag and tie umbilical cord (I used blue twine for boys and pink twine for girls). Took all day to birth these little guys/gals and for a single guy, a lot of work trying to keep all clean and fed. I'm no breeder so they all sold off to hopefully good homes.”

The break the bag, blow, clean cut bag, tie off umbilical cords info is all new. Didnt find that in my hour of reading tonight until i came to RDP. This is the kind of info im looking for.

Am i doing this dog a disservice leaving her at my house when i go to work tomorrow? I cant take a week off work waiting for these shit machines to drop.

If she births the moment i leave and i get home at 5pm, is it likely ill come home to a pile of dead puppies? There are two to four large ravens and 2 red tail hawks that are very very active over my property. Makes me nervous they would prey on the new borns if she doesnt find a secluded place to drop them.

Should i leave her locked up in my shower with a mat all day or during any time i am away?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Two days ago i walked out my door to the surprise of a dog lying against my garage door. I paused for a quick second as it almost looked like a young coyote as i hadnt had my morning coffee to wake me up yet. The dog got up and looked at me timidly, and i walked towards it and crouched down. It walked up to me and accepted touch and began to enjoy some chin and ear scratches. The dog appeared clean and not injured or abused. It had a collar on, but sadly no tag. Its a female, and it appears very pregnant…..

I spent a bit walking my property and couldnt find any obvious openings to my eye. All the while im walking, the new dog is no further than 2’ from me at any time. I went outside my fence and out of sight of new dog to do some trash can shuffling, and thats when she showed me how she got in. There is a 12” diameter hole down low on one of my chainlink rolling gates. My dog is a literal street rescue, 6yrs old or so, and he has no desire to wanter or explore, so this hole has never been exploited before.

I joined a local facebook group for lost pets in our area (Menifee) to post her photo and a found dog alert. Its 36 hrs later and the idiot administrators still haven't approved my post. I have a retired neighbor with a stay at home daughter and grandkids. He agrees to watch new dog for the day in hopes the owner pops up and it buys me some time to figure out what is going to happen. We get a local rescue owner to stop by and scan for chip, no chip. Her estimate is new dog is due to deliver in a weeks time. Looks to be about 2 years olds based on bright white teeth. Advises our local shelter in Elsinore will terminate the pups upon intake even though they are a claimed “no kill” shelter. She offers to take the dog and birth and adopt out the litter but there are some hurdles to overcome for that to happen.

That seems like the easy button and probably the best thing for the mom and pups as i have zero birthing or puppy raising experience. I do want another dog to keep my buddy Charlie company, but it really doesnt work with my current employment and sporadic traveling for work. Ive been super fortunate to always make it work with boarding or bringing my dog with me for work trips, definitely dont see having 2 dogs working out well….

So the woman that runs the rescue only takes in old and disabled dogs, is at her legal capacity of 7 dogs over the age of 10 and needs a permit exception to take in this dog and the coming puppies. Retired neighbor has a male cattle dog who is a real prick and would likely kill the pups based on past interactions with other dogs. He did a solid watching her for 2 days but said no more. I am feeling like the world wants me to experience dog birth and puppy raising and im open to the idea given the other alternatives at this moment are all pretty cruel.

Anyone experienced with birthing and doing puppies the right way? I have a pretty massive walk in shower that im thinking would be a good whelping den. Just learned what that word meant tonight after googling about dog birth. I dont want to be ignorant to easy and common knowledge that may keep these pups alive, so any real world experience is welcome!

Shes some kind of cattle dog, and is a real well behaved sweetheart. She laid outside while i cooked dinner and ate, i only had to shoo her out twice and she seemed to know exactly what i wanted when i pointed and said “out”. I haven't heard her bark yet, which is great because i absolutely cannot stand dogs that bark other than when necessary. Tonight is her first night in my house and she is eating kibble and drinking water.

Here’s to hoping i dont step in a fresh pile on my way to the bathroom at 4am in the dark.

View attachment 1226777 View attachment 1226778 View attachment 1226783 View attachment 1226784 View attachment 1226785
Thats a Texas Heeler.....
High energy, smart and dedicated. Its a mix of an Australian Shep and Australian Cattle Dog. Thats what my rescue pup is but mine has the stubby tail. Their faces look almost identical but the heeler part of her fur is under my pups shep colored fur.

When my Weimaraner gave birth she had 12 pups. At the time newspapers were readily available and I got all my neighbors to save them so I could line the garage floor. If you have her for the birth and have kids make sure thay get to watch....its amazing. Let nature take its course and have lots of bedding available. There will be a lot of sleepless nights coming up.

If its a big litter and the Mom can't feed all of them keep an eye out as mine smothered three to save the rest.

It will be interesting to see what the pups look like and maybe get an idea of what kind of pup the Dad was. Heeler breeds can come out in any color and spots basically.

Good luck and know she was looking to you for shelter and help.

Here is a pic of my pup
2022-08-11 002.JPG
2022-08-13 007.JPG

Last edited:

WildWilly

Reaction score
its not that bad, the mom she handle the most of it, she might just need food and water brought to her for a bit. I did a litter of Mastiff pups, and used a small kiddie pool with blankets for her and it worked well. I had one born not breathing, and literally blew in its nose a few times and got it going. I had another born under developed that I took to the vet and they put it down. She had 13 pups total, which is unheard of in large breeds, so when it came time for them to eat food I was blowing through 25lbs a day before they were ready to leave lol

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score

View attachment 1226777 View attachment 1226778 View attachment 1226783 View attachment 1226784 View attachment 1226785
What area of Menifee? I'll post in my local FB groups.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back all. I'll keep this thread updated as things progress. She is such a sweet heart with a chill personality, not high energy at all. Part of me is hoping someone doesn't want her, but it really bums me out someone wouldn't want this great little dog. She has to have left a hole in someones life, so first priority is caring for her as if she were mine but continuing to be on the look out for her rightful Owners. I would be devastated to have lost such a great little companion, but the no tag deal has me thinking she's not wanted. Who has a collar on a dog with no ID!?!

Brought her to work with me today. She hated the drive to Temecula panting the whole way in, but is calm and content sleeping on the floor now. She seems to not like being separated from her human, so figured I shouldn't take a chance leaving her at home alone just yet.

Not pregnant, I think she's probably around a 30lb dog. My terrier is around 40-45 lbs and shes about 3/4 his height, if it wasnt for the preggo belly I think she'd be pretty trim.

on edit: I'll also add that Steve's grandson is ~3 years old and she did fantastic with him. She was patient and accepting of his attention and touch. I'm reading that these kind of dogs are very independent and not ones that want love or affection. She is not that way, she takes all the love she can get. She hoped up on the couch where I slept last night and put her head on the pillow and laid against my shoulder. She has been fine with my terrier, but not interested in his attempts to play or interact. One thing that makes me think she came from a loving home was that I was able to hand feed her kibble and she took it gently. I also was able to pull her food bowl away mid-meal without any aggression or care. If she came from somewhere that was not caring for her properly, i'd expect her to be very protective and aggressive over food.

IMG_3337.jpg

Last edited:

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Thats a Texas Heeler.....
High energy, smart and dedicated. Its a mix of an Australian Shep and Australian Cattle Dog. Thats what my rescue pup is but mine has the stubby tail. Their faces look almost identical but the heeler part of her fur is under my pups shep colored fur.

When my Weimaraner gave birth she had 12 pups. At the time newspapers were readily available and I got all my neighbors to save them so I could line the garage floor. If you have her for the birth and have kids make sure thay get to watch....its amazing. Let nature take its course and have lots of bedding available. There will be a lot of sleepless nights coming up.

If its a big litter and the Mom can't feed all of them keep an eye out as mine smothered three to save the rest.

It will be interesting to see what the pups look like and maybe get an idea of what kind of pup the Dad was. Heeler breeds can come out in any color and spots basically.

Good luck and know she was looking to you for shelter and help.

Here is a pic of my pup
View attachment 1226876 View attachment 1226878
Thanks for the input!

DLC

Reaction score
She looks similar to our Blue Healer - Pepper

pepper will be 4 in June
IMG_8319.png

Attachments

• IMG_8317.jpeg
    IMG_8317.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8318.jpeg
    IMG_8318.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29

4Waters

Reaction score
I have a feeling that this dog was driven to and abandoned in your neighborhood, she found a protected yard to birth her puppies in and then you found her and she instantly found trust in you.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
She’s a Blue Heeler. This is my younger one. He has a slimmer/sleek facial features like yours. The males are about 50 pounds, females are about 30 to 35 pounds. I might have missed it, but maybe have her scanned for a chip? Maybe the tag came off the collar.

04590311-0467-4715-B4AC-EE0B982D2617.jpeg
IMG_3352.jpeg

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Yes your a good human ! We bred our first Golden retriever Juliet with a big handsome stud named Jake years ago . Juliet popped out 13 Puppies one night but try as she might she just didnt have enough milk . A friend/guy I worked with had milking goats so he began bring Us a couple jugs of Goat milk every couple days . Rhonda and I would drive home to Atascadero from SLO on our lunch hours and bottle feed them till they could eat baby serial Huge Dog lover here 😍

Amy@Team RDP

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
You are amazing for taking on this dog, gaining her trust, and wanting to help her birth her pups. This is total feel good story and restores my faith in humanity. Thanks for sharing your home with her and your story with us. I look forward to following along on your new pack's journey! She's such a beautiful momma - can't wait to see what the puppies look like.

HTTP404

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back all. I'll keep this thread updated as things progress. She is such a sweet heart with a chill personality, not high energy at all. Part of me is hoping someone doesn't want her, but it really bums me out someone wouldn't want this great little dog. She has to have left a hole in someones life, so first priority is caring for her as if she were mine but continuing to be on the look out for her rightful Owners. I would be devastated to have lost such a great little companion, but the no tag deal has me thinking she's not wanted. Who has a collar on a dog with no ID!?!

Brought her to work with me today. She hated the drive to Temecula panting the whole way in, but is calm and content sleeping on the floor now. She seems to not like being separated from her human, so figured I shouldn't take a chance leaving her at home alone just yet.

Not pregnant, I think she's probably around a 30lb dog. My terrier is around 40-45 lbs and shes about 3/4 his height, if it wasnt for the preggo belly I think she'd be pretty trim.

on edit: I'll also add that Steve's grandson is ~3 years old and she did fantastic with him. She was patient and accepting of his attention and touch. I'm reading that these kind of dogs are very independent and not ones that want love or affection. She is not that way, she takes all the love she can get. She hoped up on the couch where I slept last night and put her head on the pillow and laid against my shoulder. She has been fine with my terrier, but not interested in his attempts to play or interact. One thing that makes me think she came from a loving home was that I was able to hand feed her kibble and she took it gently. I also was able to pull her food bowl away mid-meal without any aggression or care. If she came from somewhere that was not caring for her properly, i'd expect her to be very protective and aggressive over food.

View attachment 1226919
You are doing a good thing. If you need any supplies let me know.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
She’s a Blue Heeler. This is my younger one. He has a slimmer/sleek facial features like yours. The males are about 50 pounds, females are about 30 to 35 pounds. I might have missed it, but maybe have her scanned for a chip? Maybe the tag came off the collar.

View attachment 1227009 View attachment 1227012
Yes, we had a local woman that runs a rescue come and scan her for a chip and nothing present. Thanks for the input, they do look very similar.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
You are doing a good thing. If you need any supplies let me know.
If you have any throw away worthy old towels or sheets, I think thats all I'm going to really need. Its been suggested to stock up on them and just throw them away from the birthing process and as they get soiled until the puppies begin to make solid waste thats easier to dispose of manually and then clean up the staining through the washing machine. The rescue woman is helping with this too, she has donations from 5 families coming in over the weekend, she has a pretty big network as she does this as her life's passion. I'm a transplant as well as a bit of a hermit, so other than the couple people I work with, don't have any kind of local network or roots. Thanks for the offer!

Last edited:

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Yes your a good human ! We bred our first Golden retriever Juliet with a big handsome stud named Jake years ago . Juliet popped out 13 Puppies one night but try as she might she just didnt have enough milk . A friend/guy I worked with had milking goats so he began bring Us a couple jugs of Goat milk every couple days . Rhonda and I would drive home to Atascadero from SLO on our lunch hours and bottle feed them till they could eat baby serial Huge Dog lover here 😍
Praying we don't have a bakers dozen on our hands here like you did! Thats chaos.

The woman that is helping me with advice and local support took in 8 puppies a couple years back at 1 week old that were rejected by their mother. She said bottle feeding for 6 weeks every 2-3 hours ?!? I told her that if this situation comes to that, I would do what I can, but there is no way I could devote that kind of time to this endeavor. Fingers crossed that nature and instinct work as designed and all is good.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Heelers don't usually have that many pups. I'd guess 5-7, especially since she's so young.

Disclaimer-I'm not an expert, but we assisted with our labrador having two successful litters of healthy pups.

Some advice for your crash course:

One of the best tools for whelping is one of those blue plastic kiddie pools. Fill it with old blankets & towels (go to the Hospice in Sun City or ask your neighbors for donations) Showers work also, though. They are just kind of confining if you need to get access to her or move the pups so she doesn't lay on them. The nice thing about the pool is that she can get out, but the pups can't.

Have a set of blankets/towels in there for when she births (you will throw these away), and then be ready to replace them with fresh ones after the labor is done.

She will probably have them at night.

I'd guess it's her first litter, so she probably won't really know what is happening. She may start labor outside of whatever nest you build for her.

Feeding her babies may not come naturally. You may need to kind of force her and lock her in the room. Our first litter, we couldn't get our mama to stay in with the pups. All she wanted to do was get away. The second litter, we couldn't get her to leave, even to eat.

If she does refuse to eat, try some soupy oatmeal (with just a little sugar) and scrambled eggs.

BTW, mama will (should) eat the amniotic sac and placenta. I thought my kids were going to vomit, LOL. They decided they were done with watching the wonders of birth after that.

We never lost a pup, but be prepared, it may happen. We came close twice. You will probably have to help break some sacks, and you might have to put them in a towel and rub them to get them breathing and their blood flowing. As stated above, you might have to blow hard in their face.

The labor will last for hours. We had 10-12 pups, and it was about an 8-hour ordeal.

Try to keep reassuring mama and telling her what a good girl she is. She will be scared (again, assuming it's her first litter).

Good karma is coming your way 💕

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I don't think you are doing her any kind of disservice by leaving her while you are gone for the day. If she has them while you are gone, nature will have to take its course. Your responsibility goes only so far. She will have them with or without you there.

HTTP404

Reaction score
I put this on some of the local FB groups. Didn't see anyone looking for her. :(

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I put this on some of the local FB groups. Didn't see anyone looking for her. :(
Thanks. I work with a woman that does rescues in Murietta and she connected me with the woman in Menifee i mentioned previously. Both have posted her everywhere and we havent heard anything. Ive driven all the major intersections on my side of the freeway from scott to newport looking for lost dog posters and nothing to be found.

HTTP404

Reaction score
Thanks. I work with a woman that does rescues in Murietta and she connected me with the woman in Menifee i mentioned previously. Both have posted her everywhere and we havent heard anything. Ive driven all the major intersections on my side of the freeway from scott to newport looking for lost dog posters and nothing to be found.
Whoever lost her doesn't deserve her.

4Waters

Reaction score
Whoever lost her doesn't deserve her.
Post 13

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
When you can, have her scanned for a chip. Just because she’s not wearing a tag, that doesn’t mean she a feral vagrant. You’re doing good stuff for her. Heelers are among the most intelligent of breeds. BTW - A stall shower, with towels, rags etc, can be a great berthing bed. And beyond that a good place to house break pups. Enjoy. You’ve been chosen . . . And that’s not a bad thing.

4Waters

Reaction score
When you can, have her scanned for a chip. Just because she’s not wearing a tag, that doesn’t mean she a feral vagrant. You’re doing good stuff for her. Heelers are among the most intelligent of breeds. BTW - A stall shower, with towels, rags etc, can be a great berthing bed. And beyond that a good place to house break pups. Enjoy. You’ve been chosen . . . And that’s not a bad thing.
He already has had her scanned, no chip

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Got her setup with a poor boy whelping pool. Have to go back to Lowes to grab some pool noodles so i can make a bumper around the interior to give the pups a bit of shelter from mom lying ontop of them.

She left me another gift in the kitchen overnight. I did put down a large potty pad but she decided the rug at the sink was a better target for the bomb dropping.

Seems to have slept in her nest all night and is used to lying in it already, but she just cannot stand separation from her human. If im not in the room, she is up and out figuring out where i went off to.

6686259E-85CA-4E13-BE70-02E0F64E2A2D.jpeg

WildWilly

Reaction score
Got her setup with a poor boy whelping pool. Have to go back to Lowes to grab some pool noodles so i can make a bumper around the interior to give the pups a bit of shelter from mom lying ontop of them.

She left me another gift in the kitchen overnight. I did put down a large potty pad but she decided the rug at the sink was a better target for the bomb dropping.

Seems to have slept in her nest all night and is used to lying in it already, but she just cannot stand separation from her human. If im not in the room, she is up and out figuring out where i went off to.

View attachment 1227323
perfect, thats exactly how I set mine up just a larger pool. and like others said, just throw everything out once she's done instead of trying to clean it up. I'd chip in a few bucks if you need to buy some extra towels or blankets if you don't get enough donations, just as a thank you for doing this for her.

4Waters

Reaction score

View attachment 1227323
She trusts you

evantwheeler

Reaction score
perfect, thats exactly how I set mine up just a larger pool. and like others said, just throw everything out once she's done instead of trying to clean it up. I'd chip in a few bucks if you need to buy some extra towels or blankets if you don't get enough donations, just as a thank you for doing this for her.
Thank you for the offer, very kind! Ive got the means so not looking for any financial assistance. I will be trying to get the pups spayed/neutered & shots through a rescue once it gets to that point. May try to recover those costs as an “adoption fee” when i find homes for the pups. One step at a time right now, that feels like a lifetime away at this point.

Yesterday we upgraded to a dedicated room in the torn apart master closet and pimped the pool with the pool noodle bumper kit. I knew there was a reason i keep ignoring my flood reconstruction…. Puppy den!

She slept in the pool pretty much all night, got up once to cuddle but i made her get back in and she stayed until daylight. First night of no presents on the floor, i think having her confined may have been the key. I know they wont #2 where they sleep, unless seriously abused in really poor conditions where they are left zero choice. #2’ed immediately once we walked out back this AM. Shes drinking water and eating well. Seems to only want to pee when shes anxious and left alone. Have yet to see her pee outside. Hope thats just a part of being pregnant.

She is so calm and content when im around, its crazy. Its like shes been a part of the pack since day 1. Warming up to my terrier a bit, but not to the point of wanting to interact. She tolerates his forced presence when he gets curious. Definitely does not like to be left alone, hoping that is a result of the trauma of the situation and/or the pregnancy. If the separation anxiety persists, will have to look into crate training i think. Found paw prints up on the table and hair all over the top of the couch, so she was having her way when i was gone to the store yesterday, and that will not be acceptable after the honeymoon is over!

DD03A037-8246-4FDC-BFE5-06E375A73A18.jpeg

Last edited:

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Question for the group - it appears tail docking should be done very early. Do i wait and see what the pups look like and decide, or just plan on it? She is not docked. I personally like dogs with tails, makes it easier to read their emotions i think. But seeing as i am going to be finding homes for the babes, thinking docking may be the way to go for appealing to the greater masses?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Question for the group - it appears tail docking should be done very early. Do i wait and see what the pups look like and decide, or just plan on it? She is not docked. I personally like dogs with tails, makes it easier to read their emotions i think. But seeing as i am going to be finding homes for the babes, thinking docking may be the way to go for appealing to the greater masses?
Heelers should have tail in my opinion. Both of mine have had them, the way God made them.

DLC

Reaction score
We like tails!

we have had -

2- ausssies
1- katahula
and
1 pepper - blue

Thank you For taking care of Business!
&
Bringing us All Along for the ride

This is going to be quite an experience for all of us and Hope and Pray for the best outcome!!

evantwheeler

Reaction score
4 pups so far. She started labor the second i got home at 5. Two out at 5:50. Two more out at 7:50. Contractions and pushing starting again hopefully for the last round…i have help here, has been easy and a really cool experience so far.

34F599E3-4282-4057-9427-F2469779303D.jpeg

evantwheeler

Reaction score
That is So Cool!

Gods Greatest Miracle, Bringing Life into our world ….

We Need a Name For Mom!

Keep us posted
Mom is Maggie Mae.

1st Born = girl ==> River
2nd born = boy ==> Dave

No more names yet.

2 more popped, two white spotted males. We now have 4 males 2 females. Female 1 is a tank. female 2 is the runt, shes half the size of female 1.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Ended the night with 9 total at 12:45am. Thanks for all the input and support from the group. It was way easier and not as disgusting as i imagined. 2 kiddie pools was nice so that when another pup was dropping i could quickly separate the born pups to keep them clean and from getting stepped or sat on. Threw away 8 towels and washed a load already. Taking the day off to watch. The runt female may need to be bottle fed, doesnt seem to want to latch on to a nipple after initially suckling immediately out of the womb with just some slight help finding the tit.

4E148E01-6086-4223-9C90-1385A5581A80.jpeg

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Ended the night with 9 total at 12:45am. Thanks for all the input and support from the group. It was way easier and not as disgusting as i imagined. 2 kiddie pools was nice so that when another pup was dropping i could quickly separate the born pups to keep them clean and from getting stepped or sat on. Threw away 8 towels and washed a load already. Taking the day off to watch. The runt female may need to be bottle fed, doesnt seem to want to latch on to a nipple after initially suckling immediately out of the womb with just some slight help finding the tit.

View attachment 1228844
Congrats on a successful evening. Someone above had plans for you, and you delivered, literally. Thank you for being a good human🙏

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So much for doubting the pregnancy. Lol. Wonder how big the litter will end up being.

Congrats for a job well done and showing compassion for the Mom.

Have any guesses on a possible breed on the Dad. Its early and their looks will change quickly.