WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bitcoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectras only

Reaction score
Something to think about> The federal government's relationship with bitcoin has generated numerous headlines over the years, which is surprising, considering that the U.S. government is one of the largest holders of bitcoins

Read here; https://www.investopedia.com/news/how-us-government-handles-its-stash-bitcoins/
So far, crooked government agencies are in on the loot too,lol. Multiple agencies have seized bitcoin over the years, making the state of affairs even more confusing. The absence of traceability for the government’s bitcoin stash has serious repercussions for the overall bitcoin ecosystem because it means that it is difficult to ascertain and establish ownership of the cryptocurrency, which is based on principles of transparency.

Last edited:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Too much craziness for me to jump in this stuff. For those of you that have or intend to good luck going forward. IMO someone is going to get stuck with all of this at some point. Just my feeling with nothing to back it up though. As others have said looks and sounds like a duck.....I mean pyramid scheme.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Here is what I am thinking right now and will have to see how the market opens tomorrow to confirm it.

I think BTC, ETH and others are pricing in a democrat victory in Georgia. With the Presidency, House and Senate the demorats will absolutely crush the dollar. Under a one world currency and the NWO, BTC will be the standard and ETH will be the transactional currency.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
Alot of guys are asking how it compares to gold. Just like gold, if you want to convert to cash you have to sell. Thats where the exchanges come into play and make it easy now.

I sometimes use a website that accepts BTC and I buy gift cards from all places. It and instant transfer and thats how Bitcoin is supposed to be eventually commonplace doen the road as a currency.

badgas

Reaction score
If the US stock market goes to zero and the dollar goes to zero do you really think bitcoin is going to worth squat ?

If we have some dystopia where we are running around fighting each other for rats and cats to eat I hightly doubt that anything other than Guns, batteries, booze and water will be worth much.

If it comes to that I would rather be dead. Untill then I will keep investing in real estate and the US economy.

Good luck to all

pixrthis

Reaction score
If you want to stay conventional you can invest in Silvergate (SI) on the NYSE, it’s the only bank that lends in the crypto currency. They’re out of San Diego and it’s been a pretty good run for the last year and a half.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Holy crap, ETH almost hit $1200 before pulling back.

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
Meanwhile, back on the ranch, BTC just crossed $37K😎

I bought $125 worth last December just to dip my pinky toe in. Today it i worth $435. Not a bad return of 238% in one year. Not going to put my life saving into it but I’ll throw a few more bucks into it and see what happens.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Look for a pull back to $32k on BTC and that would be a good entry.

$1000 entry for ETH

C-2

Reaction score
Every time I see this thread it makes me wanna cry, lol.

In 2012 I purchased 5 or 6 coins for about $100 to pay some dirtbag skids on the Dark Web. I had one coin left over and sold it about a year later.

F*me

spectras only

Reaction score
What goes up, must come down. Just don't know when and how quick that happens. ;)

gqchris

Reaction score
Im gonna HODL till the amount is lifechanging. Right now with my piddly amount of Satoshis I have been averaging $500 an hour in gains.

spectras only

Reaction score
Do you guys think if anything like what happened in the late 2000 financial crisis, your Bitcoin will still float?
There's two good movies to watch, Money for Nothing and Inside Job. I wouldn't risk investing my money in virtual currencies these times, especially with the turmoil happening now.
I'm predicting oil/fuel price will shoot up along food price, buckle up.

gqchris

Reaction score
Do you guys think if anything like what happened in the late 2000 financial crisis, your Bitcoin will still float?
There's two good movies to watch, Money for Nothing and Inside Job. I wouldn't risk investing my money in virtual currencies these times, especially with the turmoil happening now.
I'm predicting oil/fuel price will shoot up along food price, buckle up.

If I was good at predicting anything, I would have bought Bitcoin at $1 in 2011

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Bitcoin...Tesla...amazon...Apple...Uber...Docusign...the list goes in for trains that I’ve missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

traquer

Reaction score
On a related note, I was screwing around today and bought $300 worth of bitcoin on leverage/margin. I have no idea how to exit the trade. lots to learn lol

jet496

Reaction score
I was a dumbass & bought $20k or so of stock back in 2008 not knowing I should have bought the coins. I still don't completely understand how that all works. The stock by the way is worthless.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Bitcoin...Tesla...amazon...Apple...Uber...Docusign...the list goes in for trains that I’ve missed.

I’m pretty new at buying stocks. Bought 4 shares of Tesla in October at 420. Today, 820ish.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

johnnyC

Reaction score
bought tesla a about 1900 a share (6) and then it split people were saying after a split the stock gos flat or declines slightly ... they were wrong!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score

I was in PLUG for so long that when it finally went up to $5.00, I was OUT! Less than a year later and it closed at 47.29 today.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score

Same, you just never know. Could have loss your ass also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Not a good weekend or day for BITCOIN. Down somewhere around 20-26% today?

Will this continue to drop now?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Grab your ankles.....lol

Seriously.....Good luck to all of you in Bitcoin. For those of you that got in early I would bail and be happy with any return I got.

I am afraid the little guys will be holding the bag some day on this and it will be too late. I have never understood this and never considered it for investing. So.....keep that in mind

gqchris

Reaction score
Grab your ankles.....lol

Seriously.....Good luck to all of you in Bitcoin. For those of you that got in early I would bail and be happy with any return I got.

I am afraid the little guys will be holding the bag some day on this and it will be too late. I have never understood this and never considered it for investing. So.....keep that in mind

Its all fun money sir. Would not be sinking anything major in this that I couldnt lose. I study every day and still dont understand most of it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
When it spiked to $19K a 3 years ago one of the guys at one of my clients cashed out his BTC, turned off his computer, pushed his chair in, and left work.

He never came back. He called like a week later and gave his official resignation. LOL

HitIt

Reaction score
Just shaking out the weak hands.

download.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
When it spiked to $19K a 3 years ago one of the guys at one of my clients cashed out his BTC, turned off his computer, pushed his chair in, and left work.

He never came back. He called like a week later and gave his official resignation. LOL

He won! Game Over:)

1610401998271.png

Floatin'

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction score
BTC pull back to 29,830 is a buy area. (trend line touch) Then again at 24,211 (Gap Fill and Trend Liine)I nibbled on some RIOT today as a speculative starter position

Last edited:

caribbean20

Reaction score
and just like that, BTC $50k is in the rear view mirror. We’ve never had so much fun seeing a “throw away” investment lark approaching the territory of real money.

We got in mid-2017. How’s everyone else doing?

beerrun

Reaction score
We got a couple dollars in and wish we would have bought more

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
A lot of people making some serious money right now on BTC and ETH. We are in both and have now started buying VET. Goal is to hold 50k VET by July.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Woulda, shoulda, coulda.....lol

Amazing run and for many they say this isn't anywhere near over. Expecting 100K and more for a friggin' non seen coin.

I wish you all continued luck.....it does seem to be getting into very serious money now.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
I don’t even see VET on eToro. Where are you buying that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
Woulda, shoulda, coulda.....lol

Amazing run and for many they say this isn't anywhere near over. Expecting 100K and more for a friggin' non seen coin.

I wish you all continued luck.....it does seem to be getting into very serious money now.
When it first started trading in '10 it was .08 a coin, if I would have just bought $100 worth I would have retired last week.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Congratulations to those of you that have made money on this, I wish I had put in a few bucks, but I just find it hard to invest in some thing that I am too ignorant to understand.😔

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There is no possible way any government will allow bitcoin to take over sovereign currency. If it gets to that point, governments will simply ban bitcoin.

US maintains reserve currency status in part because US debt (and petroleum sales outside of China and Russia) must be paid in US dollars.

Ask Qaddafi what happens when you try to subvert the US dollar for another currency...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't the US government the largest owner of bitcoin? I thought I read that somewhere.

RD

Status
Not open for further replies.