WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bitcoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
There is only one thing you need to know...

There is nothing digital that can't be hacked.

I’ve got to be honest, I didn’t read that link because it would have made my head explode. 🤯 ( I looked at it briefly) 🤷‍♀️

I have always kind of gone by the belief that anything can and will be manipulated by someone somewhere at sometime. 😂 ( I think most people probably believe this way)

beerrun

Reaction score
Looks like its going to hit 53k today i think it was in the 30s when I started this thread

caribbean20

Reaction score
I think we all know there’s going to be one nasty hangover when the music stops, but . . . it feels just as painful seeing it run after you get off the bus. At least in the short term.

For now, letting it ride.

beerrun

Reaction score
They are saying its going to 400k. Idk who they are😁

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
My financial guy told me about some poor dude today. Seems he lost his code or whatever you need to access and it is worth 250 MILLION MFng DOLLARS! I would probably just shoot myself....lol

beerrun

Reaction score
Yes that stoy was going around when it was in the 30s said he would give the city 75 miles i think HB if they let him search the dump if he found the USB card the info was on

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Yes that stoy was going around when it was in the 30s said he would give the city 75 miles i think HB if they let him search the dump if he found the USB card the info was on

So if it was 250m in the 30's thats almost 500m now! For sure I would shoot myself....haha

He was somebody that bought in very early, correct?

beerrun

Reaction score
So if it was 250m in the 30's thats almost 500m now! For sure I would shoot myself....haha

He was somebody that bought in very early, correct?
Right I read somewhere that like 10yrs ago it was .08 to buy in

beerrun

Reaction score
So DOGE is supposed to be the next bitcoin its at .05 right now wife just bought 1656 coins.

caribbean20

Reaction score
I don't know much about Dogecoin, but while it's infrastructure is based on blockchain, which is a plus, it supposedly has an unlimited supply. Accordingly, it is not a hedge against inflation, unlike BTC, which has a limited supply and is considered an inflation hedge. But . . . who's to say its price won't soar in these crazy times.

"While it was created seemingly as a joke, Dogecoin's blockchain still has merit. Its underlying technology is derived from Litecoin. Notable features of Dogecoin, which uses a scrypt algorithm, are its low price and unlimited supply."

FWIW

MrsBeerrun

Reaction score
80254.jpeg
80254.jpeg

beerrun

Reaction score
Did anyone get in when we started talking about this two months ago
Screenshot_20210310-083608_Google.jpg

traquer

Reaction score
I put in 15g and it's now 30g. Who's got the balls to put real money in? If Elon did it..

LC925

Reaction score
BTC is too rich for my blood, so I bought some ETH at an average of low $1,200’s. Should’ve bought more on that dip last week.

Also bought some smaller coins like GRT, XLM, UNI, NU and ALGO. Those have had a high return too.

But I do try to not think about almost buying at $10/BTC coin back in the day 😔

boatnam2

Reaction score
I bought in a few years ago but got out as i wasn't sure what it even was. I was curious so i got signed back into my Coinbase account yesterday to see what i had even done back then. I had a 1000 invested in BTC @ 14,000 in 2017, should of left it and had 5k. Paperhands!

Fenderbender

Reaction score
after the whole thing with GameStop and Robinhood REALLY exposed the rigged system I bet there will be tons of small bitcoin investments with this round of stimulus. The more I learn about bitcoin and the philosophy behind it the more I want it to succeed and hope it keeps growing in value/confidence. As much as I don't want the Dollar to crash we can already see the beginning of hyper inflation coming, and well the 300k income earner families with kids are the ones that are going to really feel it in goods, services and energy. My thinking is that I can't afford not to be buying gold and bitcoin right now as I watch the Gov and elites throw us all under the bus.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I'll just say I'm fashionably late... What's everyone's go to app?
I have Coinbase, Voyager, Uphold, and I look at CoinMarketCap

Thoughts on ETC? Or you think ETH. Big differences in security vs scalability... I'm a serious $15 everypaycheckplayer... lowballer... LOL

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I'll just say I'm fashionably late... What's everyone's go to app?
I have Coinbase, Voyager, Uphold, and I look at CoinMarketCap

Thoughts on ETC? Or you think ETH. Big differences in security vs scalability... I'm a serious $15 everypaycheckplayer... lowballer... LOL

Are you day trading or looking to hold long term?

I am long on BTC, so all my purchases are made in BlockFI since it is an interest bearing account. Current APY on Bitcoin is 6% and you can choose to be paid in Bitcoin or GUSD Stablecoin.

Only other account that I use is Binance.US and currently have a set buy weekly for VET. You can buy and sell other coins with Binance.US

Both accounts are hooked to CoinStats, which is a one stop login to view all positions in real time.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I don’t get how it’s stored.. apparently you store it on a flash drive or a computer.. if anything happens to the drive it’s on it’s gone forever..

You don't "store" it per say, the coin lives on the public balance sheet known as the blockchain, associated with your wallet address (you can have multiple), what you store is the key to unlock the wallet which is needed when transferring coins from your wallet to another wallet.

That key is a 64 character Hexadecimal number. Each of the 64 characters can have a value of 0-9 and A-F, the A-F represents numbers greater than 9, as a single character, A being equal to 10, F being equal to 15.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You don't "store" it per say, the coin lives on the public balance sheet known as the blockchain, associated with your wallet address (you can have multiple), what you store is the key to unlock the wallet which is needed when transferring coins from your wallet to another wallet.

That key is a 64 character Hexadecimal number. Each of the 64 characters can have a value of 0-9 and A-F, the A-F represents numbers greater than 9, as a single character, A being equal to 10, F being equal to 15.

Its amazing so many people do not protect their data or passwords.

78Southwind

Reaction score
After watching the Bitcoin market since 2011, when the crypto market crashed back in 2018 I bought about $15K of Bitcoin and Etherium. Trying to think about the future of crypto assets (15 years out) I sold most of it and bought decentralized operating systems, identity security, data integrity and privacy type crypto assets/coins. Though I have done well with a some of my picks, currently I would have done a little bit better just keeping Bitcoin and Etherium (I still have a little bit of ETH).

Though I understand Bitcoin and the concept make sense to me, I am not a big fan of Bitcoin for the future unless things change. Miners in China are responsible for 65% of the mining (I have a hard time with that). That doesn't make it really that decentralized like we thought. Also, Mining Bitcoin is extremely energy intensive (think small country energy use). To be honest, I was extremely surprised when Elon announced that Tesla had bought Bitcoin. The only thing I can think of is that Elon, in the future must want to build sustainable power for Bitcoin Mining locations (maybe even his own). People listen when Elon talks so maybe this is the future to save Bitcoin long-term (without changing it from POW to POS). However, Bitcoin is still mostly mined by China so who knows what could happen there. Kevin O"leary stated, that I have had many institutions tell me they do not want to own 'China coin (referring to Bitcoin).

Thinking about how energy intensive it is to mine Bitcoin about 3 years ago, I was looking to invest in something that used sustainable or cheap type power to mine Bitcoin. There were some interesting concepts. Some of these concepts were to use hydro power, wind, solar, harnessing electricity spikes and even locating the mining rigs in ice/snow covered climates to cool the rigs down requiring less power. One of the concepts that caught my eye was from Envion (EVN). To be honest it wasn't completely the concept of using storage containers with mining rigs placed all throughout the world at different sustainable type power locations but really what caught my eye was the way the investment was set-up. It actually had a prospectus and was set-up as a 30 year bond (but with cryptocurrency type income profits). I bought it on the second market for around $.27 a coin (each coin originally sold for $1) . When the ICO first launched there were over 30,000 investors that invested $100 Million.

A month or so after I bought the Envion Coin rumors about the CEO started. There was some controversy between the founders and the CEO they had hired to take the the company/coin to the next level. I don't think Envion was set-up as a scam from the beginning since it looked legit with a prospectus and the coin was set-up with the bankruptcy safety of a Corporate Bond. The project was located in Germany but incorporated in Switzerland. Switzerland has forced Envion into bankruptcy liquidation. We have had to jump through all kinds of hoops to place our claims with the court. The last I heard is there was around $70 Million left in cash and some value of Bitcoin and Etherium. So who knows I may get my money back with some profit...lol

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Well speaking philosophically there isn't much difference there is there.. LOL

RD

wet hull

Reaction score
This may play into the Dodgecoin? They say its much faster and cheaper to mine. Just speculation of course.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
At this point in my life I am really starting to think about getting out of all crypto currency’s.. I’m getting slaughtered over here

659743F0-7D60-4432-81F2-A9970473C05C.png
049944A1-CDD8-4A6E-8D59-2896B76C9475.png
59719B7F-86A9-4784-9740-69020DE1254F.png
43EB62C8-28D8-4F81-B504-FEC16BAE47E0.png

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
This may play into the Dodgecoin? They say its much faster and cheaper to mine. Just speculation of course.
I honestly honestly think at this point he’s talking about doge in his last sentence. Using a crypto that’s used less than one percent the energy of bitcoin... that’s doge

1AF95EB8-7B57-4585-A952-DF35D07CC2B1.png

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
SAFEMOON = no mining, and you get redistributed coin from people that sell. :D

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
After watching the Bitcoin market since 2011, when the crypto market crashed back in 2018 I bought about $15K of Bitcoin and Etherium. Trying to think about the future of crypto assets (15 years out) I sold most of it and bought decentralized operating systems, identity security, data integrity and privacy type crypto assets/coins. Though I have done well with a some of my picks, currently I would have done a little bit better just keeping Bitcoin and Etherium (I still have a little bit of ETH).

Though I understand Bitcoin and the concept make sense to me, I am not a big fan of Bitcoin for the future unless things change. Miners in China are responsible for 65% of the mining (I have a hard time with that). That doesn't make it really that decentralized like we thought. Also, Mining Bitcoin is extremely energy intensive (think small country energy use). To be honest, I was extremely surprised when Elon announced that Tesla had bought Bitcoin. The only thing I can think of is that Elon, in the future must want to build sustainable power for Bitcoin Mining locations (maybe even his own). People listen when Elon talks so maybe this is the future to save Bitcoin long-term (without changing it from POW to POS). However, Bitcoin is still mostly mined by China so who knows what could happen there. Kevin O"leary stated, that I have had many institutions tell me they do not want to own 'China coin (referring to Bitcoin).

Thinking about how energy intensive it is to mine Bitcoin about 3 years ago, I was looking to invest in something that used sustainable or cheap type power to mine Bitcoin. There were some interesting concepts. Some of these concepts were to use hydro power, wind, solar, harnessing electricity spikes and even locating the mining rigs in ice/snow covered climates to cool the rigs down requiring less power. One of the concepts that caught my eye was from Envion (EVN). To be honest it wasn't completely the concept of using storage containers with mining rigs placed all throughout the world at different sustainable type power locations but really what caught my eye was the way the investment was set-up. It actually had a prospectus and was set-up as a 30 year bond (but with cryptocurrency type income profits). I bought it on the second market for around $.27 a coin (each coin originally sold for $1) . When the ICO first launched there were over 30,000 investors that invested $100 Million.

A month or so after I bought the Envion Coin rumors about the CEO started. There was some controversy between the founders and the CEO they had hired to take the the company/coin to the next level. I don't think Envion was set-up as a scam from the beginning since it looked legit with a prospectus and the coin was set-up with the bankruptcy safety of a Corporate Bond. The project was located in Germany but incorporated in Switzerland. Switzerland has forced Envion into bankruptcy liquidation. We have had to jump through all kinds of hoops to place our claims with the court. The last I heard is there was around $70 Million left in cash and some value of Bitcoin and Etherium. So who knows I may get my money back with some profit...lol

People forget who the biggest players are in this game. Im pretty sure ive posted this before.....but heres a refresher for good measure.

"As of October 2014, the six mines generated 4050 coins a month, equivalent to $1.5 million"

*checks current pricing" lol

gqchris

Reaction score
Im bleeding $500 an hour right now. This is quite a day! Whos buying the dip? Lol #fuckelonusk

Status
Not open for further replies.