WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bitcoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTMike

OG
Reaction score
The Ol' Crypto pump and dump. Few get rich, lots get poor.

JayBreww

Reaction score
This crash isn't Elon. The worlds largest crypto exchange (Binance) is being investigated by the US Justice Dept. for money laundering. It was just announced.

Maybe cash and gold isn’t so bad after all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
This crash isn't Elon. The worlds largest crypto exchange (Binance) is being investigated by the US Justice Dept. for money laundering. It was just announced.
I saw that, but he has alot to do with the intial sell offs. Luckily I hedged Cardano last night so it is helping a bit at 15% Green Candle right now

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
183672310_1592374780959973_112508215295430085_n.jpg

dspracing

Reaction score
I saw that, but he has alot to do with the intial sell offs. Luckily I hedged Cardano last night so it is helping a bit at 15% Green Candle right now
Can the basic folk get this one more time but in English?

hallett21

Reaction score
Apparently musk got rid of all or most of his Bitcoin

If that’s true no wonder he’s all about DOGE. He can have it run up to $1-$2 and 4x his money. I can’t see DOGE getting much higher than that in the short term.

I’m not talking down on crypto. I think BTC, LTC and ETH have a legitimate future.

But Elon is incredible at business and leveraging his money.

Edit: $2 Doge would be knocking on a 3 Trillion dollar market cap.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
If that’s true no wonder he’s all about DOGE. He can have it run up to $1-$2 and 4x his money. I can’t see DOGE getting much higher than that in the short term.

I’m not talking down on crypto. I think BTC, LTC and ETH have a legitimate future.

But Elon is incredible at business and leveraging his money.

Edit: $2 Doge would be knocking on a 3 Trillion dollar market cap.

I think in 1-2 years doge can see a dollar. Can it stay there? I don’t know. Etherium I think by this time next year can be 10k, In 2025 30k, and in 2030 50k

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
here's an exploit to consider. the world's largest miner of bitcoin is China. Bitcoin depends upon transactions and the hashes that record them into the ledger to arrive at each incremental BTC value instantiation when the critical/successful hash payout goes to the miner who incidentally successfuly hashes the block. china would only need to speed up or slow down its activity in order to reduce or increase the relative value of BTC on the open market. with that power, it could easily arbitrage the value of any number of financial contracts or its own relative currency level depending on whom they wanted to reward or punish in any given instance, by selling or buying BTC in the denomination of whichever target's currency was in scope.

Reactions: Vib

caribbean20

Reaction score
New Proshares ETF started today in Bitcoin futures contracts. A good development but not as good as an ETF that holds actual Bitcoins.

Looking forward to an actual Bitcoin ETF to swap out of Coinbase. No matter what, quite a run the last few weeks. All since China put the Kaibosh on Bitcoin which the market treated as a big yawn after the initial drop.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Still don't get why anybody would buy crypto. Only practical reason I can think of involves illegal money laundering.

Looks like a stimmy bubble just like cars, boats, toys and real estate. ;)
1641562428440.png

Attachments

• 1641562341494.png
    1641562341494.png
    411.6 KB · Views: 27

farmo83

Reaction score
Crypto has become way more correlated with technology. Last I checked the beta between btc and nasdaq was .7. As long as the rate increases are weighing on tech crypto will stay low.

I have a small position I'm adding to at these levels. It's a fomo play for me.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I bought some Friday it’s down a little more since then and I’ll buy some tomorrow most likely. Doge and Shiba are done. Right now I’m only buying eth Ada and sushi. BTC if it goes to mid 30s

gqchris

Reaction score
I bought some Friday it’s down a little more since then and I’ll buy some tomorrow most likely. Doge and Shiba are done. Right now I’m only buying eth Ada and sushi. BTC if it goes to mid 30s
Great time to add to the bags!!! Loving the prices and loading up.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
RMRK
MATIC
VET
SOL

These should be on your radar too. Check out CryptoCharged.com for the best technical analysis out there. These guys are so on point.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Wow!
Market goes down a little,
Gold and silver go up.
Housing continues to climb.
Bitcoin riding the wave into the rocks.

Today 38,000

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Wow!
Market goes down a little,
Gold and silver go up.
Housing continues to climb.
Bitcoin riding the wave into the rocks.

Today 38,000
Right?! I think this is a buy. I don't usually put big money in crypto, but this has to have an upside.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
Its the most speculative investment out there and its going to get hit the hardest. I'm adding more as it tanks. ETH 2770 I had sold all of mine at 4000 and bought a little back at 3200 so now I'll add some more. BTC I'd like to see under 35K I suppose if you are bullish on it you could add now.

gqchris

Reaction score
Its the most speculative investment out there and its going to get hit the hardest. I'm adding more as it tanks. ETH 2770 I had sold all of mine at 4000 and bought a little back at 3200 so now I'll add some more. BTC I'd like to see under 35K I suppose if you are bullish on it you could add now.
I think it will test the 30k mark before it swings back, but I am loading bags as much as possible on it. I dont day trade, i am investing for 10 years plus down the road.

Now If only I can break out of these damn meme shit coins I dabbled in last few months ! 😅

Orange Juice

Reaction score
How much lower?
My $10 DoGE is down 37% + 💩
My $10 BTC is down 43% + 💩💩

I bought these at the same time. I did this to understand internet currency. I don’t recommend buying Crypto. I’m trying to establish its valuation, and can’t get past amusement value. 🤣

I’ll be back randomly to report. 😉

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
So now we buy?
Back in 2018 when Crypto was crashing I started dollar cost averaging my purchases after Crypto was down about 50% from the all time high. I basically looked at how much money I was willing to set on fire and Dollar Cost Averaged it over the next 6 plus months. At times it was gut wrenching since I hit my dollar limit before the market bottomed (down 90% from all-time high). I sold a quarter of it at a 600% return and another at a 1,100% return. I still have half of my stack. I will start DCA again soon. If you have a crystal ball start investing when the market has bottomed. :D BTW... I was buying Bitcoin to buy ADA which is more volatile than Bitcoin.

Last edited:

zhandfull

Reaction score
Alright, I'm an old dog willing to learn a new trick. If I were to invest/speculate/gamble in some Bitcoin how would I go about it? Coinbase?

HCP3

Reaction score
Alright, I'm an old dog willing to learn a new trick. If I were to invest/speculate/gamble in some Bitcoin how would I go about it? Coinbase?

Yes. I recommend Coinbase or Gemini. Both well established. Do not use Robinhood.

caribbean20

Reaction score
We use Coinbase. Big, well capitalized broker that has insurance against getting your investment stolen. I tested the service before we put in much $$s, sent money in and pulled money out. All worked as expected. Normal dual factor authentication.

Just make sure you keep your username/password and or authentication key secure. Would hate to think what would happen if you lost those, may be SOL.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Why not Robinhood ? Also, I see you can but it on your PayPal.
Robinhood doesn’t have wallets yet. You don’t really own the crypto so you can’t transfer it out. You have to sell it and then you can transfer the cash out.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I bought more mana and sand the other night. They are both meta verse plays with a lot of room to run. Mana can be bought in coinbase sand can be bought in Gemini. Even with the recent bleed I’m up several thousand in crypto. My stocks although I’m not worried I’m down right now.

hman442

Reaction score
Robinhood doesn’t have wallets yet. You don’t really own the crypto so you can’t transfer it out. You have to sell it and then you can transfer the cash out.
Gotcha, I see paypal doesn't either. You buy it, and then sell it there. I guess that way they get their percentages on both ends ?

zhandfull

Reaction score
Looks like it takes a couple days to verify funding account. Maybe BTC will drop to the 30k and I can reassess my decision to try and catch a falling knife. 😃

DokottoYumey

Reaction score
I believe that bitcoin and crypto are the future. I've invested a sufficient amount in crypto, and I am very happy because my income has grown in 5 years. It seems to me that bitcoin will continue to grow very strongly. When I first decided to invest in crypto, everyone dissuaded me and said that I would lose money and that nothing would work out for me. But I decided to take a chance and study this topic in more detail. I started reading and came across a crypto knowledge website where I read that crypto is a very profitable undertaking. So I recommend that you won't regret investing in crypto to everyone who still doubts investing in crypto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.