WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bitter Single Mom . . . classic

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
So this chick on my street calls it quits w/ her dude & she keeps the house.(Surprise) Never really talked to either of them.
I didn't know they were splitsville till a neighbor told me it went down a few years ago.
I was hangin at the neighbors mid-summer, little front-yard mini-block-party.
She's gettin pickled & starts spouting to everyone that she ordered a 23' travel trailer & she's gonna do a big national parks loop with the kids.,since school is a bust . . . Yellowstone, Yosemite, etc. etc. cool, whatever.
Then she goes on a rant about how her little Acura SUV with 190K miles on it is 'rated' to tow it no problem, but the RV dealer is telling her 'No F-ing Way'.
I'm like . . ."Ohhhhh Shiiitttt, Here We Go" . . . (side note- I dated a single Mom of 3 for almost 10 years and I know what's coming next, and I'm having flashbacks). ๐Ÿคช
At one point (and in a voice you can only imagine) she says, "I'm a chick and I have to show these stupid people the towing capacity of my vehicle!!!! They should know their job"!!!!
. . . right about that time, as I'm trying to fade into the background, someone yells my name & says, "Come over here dude, you tow boats all the time, what should she do"???
FUCK.
So I just say, 'I'm a puss, I always try to tow no more than 75% of the vehicles rating, if it says it'll tow 10K, I won't go over 7500".
She looks at me with a blank stare & I can tell she's doing the math in her head . . . then just turns her back and walks away pissed. ๐Ÿ˜†

Fast forward a couple months and the trailer is about ready to be delivered.
She's still hell bent on towing this thing with the little beater Acura SUV.
Neighbors have another little front-yard get together at sundown . . . and here she comes, on an electric scooter in pajamas and slippers.
Ohhhh shittttt. . . . this is gonna be good ! o_O
She gets a couple beverages in her & then out of nowhere someone says, "Hey, when do you get your trailer"??? . . .
She says, "I took my car into UHaul to have a trailer hitch welded on it cause the RV dealer refused to . . . and the asshole at UHaul wouldn't do it either"!!!
. . . right then I blew some beer-foam out of my nose!!! ๐Ÿ˜ค . . . E-P-I-C

Fast forward a few more days and here comes the dealer 'delivering' the trailer cause she didn't have a tow vehicle.
They leave it on the street in front of her house where it sat for a few days. I bet they were stoked to say "C-Ya" !!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Then some of her 'girlfriends dudes' come over with their fancy trucks who are supposed to know what they are doing, and can't manage to slip it in to the side yard.
It sat for a few more days.
Then finally she breaks down one day and walks over and I loan her my trailer hand-dolly, I take it down there & some dork-dude with some new trendy-truck is trying to figure out the receiver lock.
He had it pretty close & I say, "here you go this might help" . . . dude wanted nothing to do with me, wouldn't even look at me . . . so just I walked back home.
They get it in, and she returns the dolly . . . no worries.

A couple weeks later there's a brand new fully loaded dodge truck in her driveway !!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
So much for the Acura !!! ๐Ÿ™ƒ
I was gonna ask her 'What happened to towing this with the . . . " ??? But I'm not that dumb. LOL !

She's taken it out a couple times now, but what a fiasco . . . always super bitter about one thing or another.
So today . .. after 15 attempts to back it in, I walk down there to scope the scene . . . my bro 2 doors down looks at me as I'm walking by & says, "Are you nuts"??? ๐Ÿ˜Ž
She's on the phone, talking to her girlfriend, ranting about trying to 'back this stupid thing in'.
I sneak up on her & she's all flustered.
Hangs up the phone & starts spouting about how she's trying to figure out how to do it with all the 'new back-up-technology' . . . all the while the backup cameras are now not working.
GAWD.
I 'CAREFULLY' give her a couple easy pointers how to use the mirrors, & made sure she didn't. take-out the block wall on her blind side.
She gets it in and she says, "I owe all my friends who told me to just use the mirrors an apology".

She never said thank you.
I say, "I'll leave you alone now, have a nice day".

A nice little reminder that I'm cool with being a Solo Cholo.

Last edited:

gqchris

Reaction score
IMG_3965.JPG

gqchris

Reaction score
Lol. I have been a paramedic for the past 16 yrs, I have met more nurses then I care to remember, there has never been more true words spoken!!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

These are probably not nurses sir. These are you typical front office Medical Assistants, you know, Brooks College type women! Lol.

Mototrig

Reaction score
She has the house in the divorce then orders a brand new trailer and yet enough coin laying around for a $60k+ truck. Meanwhile the ex-husband is renting a room from an 85 y/o woman with a plastic covered couch.

......And he probably thinks it's totally worth it to get away from that twat ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
It's amazing the shit people will buy without a clue how to move it around. EVERY TIME we took the motorhome out in the last 2 years at least, at every camp ground there's the guy, lady, or couple that spend an hour struggling to back their new dream on wheels into a spot. I can only watch so much, especially when it's right next to mine. My wife always says "how long till you help 'em?". I would think that people with more patients than me could open up weekend schools to teach people shit like: how to correctly hook up your trailer, how to tow your trailer, back your trailer, etc.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
She has the house in the divorce then orders a brand new trailer and yet enough coin laying around for a $60k+ truck. Meanwhile the ex-husband is renting a room from an 85 y/o woman with a plastic covered couch.

......And he probably thinks it's totally worth it to get away from that twat ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
EXACTLY . . . Get this . . . when she first got the truck, she was showing it off to all the neighbors. Every stupid bell & whistle you can think of.
She said her payments are $1.200.00 / month for seven years !!!!
Quick math . . . with ZERO DOWN that puts that truck at over $100K !!!
Nightmare.

Last edited:

poncho

Reaction score
Went through a bunch of them when i was younger, your neighbor would have probably been one. I'm a slow learner sometimes, hot, nice place and ride and i'm the only guy sniffing around?
Told one to move to Hollywood, best actress i ever met.

Funny story with the morning coffee. ๐Ÿ‘

River Runnin

Reaction score
If in doubt when backing up, tell her to cut the wheel hard right then hit the fuel hard! .... and it will straighten right out! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Before I finished the whole story, I was thinking I saw this chick!

Coming home from Dove Springs a few weeks ago (towing my toy hauler), it's windy as FUCK! I'm cruising along in my POS 7.3, passing a line of toy haulers a mile long. They are all being towed by half tons, and as I pass the slowest one at the front of the line...

It's being towed by a chick driving a Nissan SUV!

Single mom maybe? ๐Ÿ˜

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Heโ€™s going camping , a wonderful 4 day excursion ( hope sheโ€™s not ? Well you know ๐Ÿค” her time O the month ) ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿธ
Classic . . . but not a chance in hell . . . I 'Served My Time', w/ a 'Single Mom Sentence'. . . never going back to that Hell Prison.
Not to mention she's about as liberal as they get.
Mid-Summer I had put 2 flags on my boat before before I went for a bay cruise . . . one was the 'US Yacht Ensign' . . . the other one was a 70's Retro-Trump flag that had the 'Keep On Truckin' guy . . . but it had Trumps face on the little man & it said, 'Keep On Trumpin' . . . she rolls by on her bike & says, "Is that a keep on truckin flag"??? . . . I say 'NOPE... Keep on Trumpin' ! . . . . she says , "Eeeewwwwww, . . . well I like the other one" . . . and kept on riding. :cool:

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark ๐Ÿ˜ข
Reaction score
Classic . . . but not a chance in hell . . . I 'Served My Time', w/ a 'Single Mom Sentence'. . . never going back to that Hell Prison.
Not to mention she's about as liberal as they get.
Mid-Summer I had put 2 flags on my boat before before I went for a bay cruise . . . one was the 'US Yacht Ensign' . . . the other one was a 70's Retro-Trump flag that had the 'Keep On Truckin' guy . . . but it had Trumps face on the little man & it said, 'Keep On Trumpin' . . . she rolls by on her bike & says, "Is that a keep on truckin flag"??? . . . I say 'NOPE... Keep on Trumpin' ! . . . . she says , "Eeeewwwwww, . . . well I like the other one" . . . and kept on riding. :cool:
next time ask if she like anal ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Ž

outboard_256

Reaction score
I have seen this too many times now that I know when to walk away before getting dragged into something. If I can watch from a safe distance I am happy.