WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Black and silver Hondo flattie?

TAF

Reaction score
Has anyone seen an early '70s silver metal flake w/ black trim, 4 seat black interior anywhere? My dad owned one he bought from Galpin Ford in the San Fernando Valley in '70 or '71. I've always wondered what happened to it after my dad died in '72 but never could track it down. I wanted to buy it as my first boat. I even called Sacramento w/ the CA # from the boat and they couldn't help me. Any ideas guys? I don't have a scanner to post my pics of it either.

jh4rt

Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Has anyone seen an early '70s silver metal flake w/ black trim, 4 seat black interior anywhere? My dad owned one he bought from Galpin Ford in the San Fernando Valley in '70 or '71. I've always wondered what happened to it after my dad died in '72 but never could track it down. I wanted to buy it as my first boat. I even called Sacramento w/ the CA # from the boat and they couldn't help me. Any ideas guys? I don't have a scanner to post my pics of it either.

If you don't have any luck, you could get Pete to make you a new one just like it !!!

Giroux Boats

TAF

Reaction score
If you don't have any luck, you could get Pete to make you a new one just like it !!!

Giroux Boats

I met Pete at Firebird a few years ago and I've know Sean for years but haven't seen him since Chowchilla '05 the first time I was helping Kevin Felkins / Eric Lyon / and Scarlata w/ the white boat there. I don't think I've got the money to go all new. I've recently been looking for a 18-20 ft jet to run the river in w/ my son. He's sat in more diff. dragboats than I and its time he learned to drive a boat other than my 15mph pontoon boat.

jh4rt

Curmudgeon
Reaction score
It's Pete and Dianne (Shorty). I stopped by and chatted with them for a while about a month ago. I've known them since I was, well, born. Sean helps out sometimes in the rigging.

Did you see that wood T-Deck? That thing is amazing, and still for sale.

I hear you on the new vs. used. I'm sticking with my '78 Schiada for now.

TAF

Reaction score
It's Pete and Dianne (Shorty). I stopped by and chatted with them for a while about a month ago. I've known them since I was, well, born. Sean helps out sometimes in the rigging.

Did you see that wood T-Deck? That thing is amazing, and still for sale.

I hear you on the new vs. used. I'm sticking with my '78 Schiada for now.

It reminds me a bit of the Plan-B GN boat. is that motor blown gas or alcohol? Say "Hi" to Sean. Some one told me, as I have seen, he was the best at driving the PE316 boat. Him and Cowboy talked my ears off one night in the pits while they were putting it back together.

jh4rt

Curmudgeon
Reaction score
It reminds me a bit of the Plan-B GN boat. is that motor blown gas or alcohol? Say "Hi" to Sean. Some one told me, as I have seen, he was the best at driving the PE316 boat. Him and Cowboy talked my ears off one night in the pits while they were putting it back together.

Engine is just a mock-up. I think it has alcohol heads on it, but I'm not sure it would even run. They just put it in to fill the space. Whoever buys the boat will have their choice of Engine, I was told.

I'll say hi to Sean if I see him. Seems he's never there when I stop by.