WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Black Widow ?

spectras only

Reaction score
Found this huge mother effer hiding under a rock while out gardening. Next to thick bites, what should I expect if one of these fuckers bite?:eek Stop gardening, I know.:p

black widow.jpg black widow2.jpg black widow3.jpg

JD D05

Reaction score
I don't know what your property is like but I can't believe it took me so long to hire a professional bug sprayer. Best thing I ever did.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I got bit by a brown widow which aren't as bad.

This was two days after the bite
IMG_9025.jpg

This is today.
IMG_9081.jpg

First pic was the size of maybe a pea. Second is about the size of a quarter [emoji107]

We run across them all the time and I'm very aware of them. This one got me while sitting on my in laws patio furniture.

spectras only

Reaction score
I'm on it. What bug sprayer do you have? We got deer, big horn sheep, bobcat, cougar, bear, marmot to name a few.;)

spectras only

Reaction score
[QUOT:eeks =Riverbound;2665837]I got bit by a brown widow which aren't as bad.

View attachment 558947

This is today.
View attachment 558948

First pic was the size of maybe a pea. Second is about the size of a quarter [emoji107]

We run across them all the time and I'm very aware of them. This one got me while sitting on my in laws patio furniture.[/QUOTE]

Ouch:eek:eek I've read tick bites are becoming an epidemic in the North East, but we have them too.:skull

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

View attachment 558947

This is today.
View attachment 558948

We run across them all the time and I'm very aware of them. This one got me while sitting on my in laws patio furniture.

Tomorrow:

IMG_4512.jpg

RCDave

Reaction score
Be very very afraid. I got bit by a black widow a month ago. I gotta say it's been aweful month. Bit on right index finger. About half the skin on the finger died, requiring 2 surgeries including a skin graft. Dam near lost my finger.

Be extremely cautious. My recommendation is regular pest control treatment. And a flame thrower... Lol

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
At our place in Anderson we had pest control like every 3 weeks or so.
But in addition to that I bet I killed a couple hundred black widows over the years.
Big bastards too.
I've never gotten bit, but have had some damned close calls.
Reaching into ground sprinkler ports were the closest. Had one run right up my hand and arm before I flung him off.
About every 2-3 days I'd take a jug of "Home Defense" and spray all around the places where we hung out, like the rose beds and water hoses. All around the pool hedges and patios. Even with pest control you should keep a jug of home defense around and WATCH OUT for them creepy fuckers.

It's funny you posted this, I just killed 2 yesterday at our little rental house here in Vacaville. One on each side of the garage door like a couple of sentries.
One was typical size, like a quarter.
But the other was massive. I sprayed it then used a rock and popped it like a fucking grape! Made Deb come out and look at it first.

They are definitely out now for the summer.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
It's funny you posted this, I just killed 2 yesterday at our little rental house here in Vacaville. One on each side of the garage door like a couple of sentries.
One was typical size, like a quarter.
But the other was massive. I sprayed it then used a rock and popped it like a fucking grape! Made Deb come out and look at it first.

They are definitely out now for the summer.

I've had Clarks for 10 plus years now. No ants, no spiders. Cats take care of the rodents.
Not sure why everyone's so scared of the poor spiders? [emoji54]
IMG_2167.JPG

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score

View attachment 558947

This is today.
[/ATTACH]

:D

Attachments

• IMG_2675.jpg
    IMG_2675.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 31

4Waters

Reaction score
Black widows are no joke, my mom is a trauma nurse she had a rattlesnake bite and black widow bite come in the same day the snake bite went home the next morning the black widow bite was in the hospital for 6 or 7 days. As an EMT I have seen some bad snake bites I couldn't imagine how bad the spider bite looked.

RCDave

Reaction score
My surgeon told me black widow bites on fingers/toes typically results in loss of the affected digit.

Mine was awful but it appears I'm keeping the finger.

Sorry to post pics. I posted them to show how dangerous tblack widow bites can be

Attachments

• IMAG1143.jpg
    IMAG1143.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 50
  • IMAG1161.jpg
    IMAG1161.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG1215.jpg
    IMAG1215.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 45

spectras only

Reaction score
I do use welding gloves, not those flimsy light weight garden variety.:) Pretty nasty dealio you got.:eek

RCDave

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd rather break a finger or my arm than go through that...

HST4ME

Reaction score
IMAG0036.jpg

This one cost ~$35,000 dollars.
IMG_20170413_155543_01.jpg

This one was around 12'000 and my winter church vacation.

Fuck spiders............and fuck Grads.

termiteguy

Reaction score
Any one who want a quote on pest control in orange county pm me

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I've had Clarks for 10 plus years now. No ants, no spiders. Cats take care of the rodents.
Not sure why everyone's so scared of the poor spiders? [emoji54]
View attachment 558956

We used Clarks in Anderson too. Great service and they always took good care of our property.

No charge for extra services or call outs.

I can probably take care of this little place myself though, a gallon of home defense goes a long way!

(I had a pet tarantula for a few years!)

HST4ME

Reaction score
First one was a recluse...never saw the second bastard.

ghansen

Reaction score

View attachment 558947

This is today.
View attachment 558948

Are you sure you didn't get bite by a brown recluse? The doubling in size looks like a recluse.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Are you sure you didn't get bite by a brown recluse? The doubling in size looks like a recluse.

No a recluse would be considerably worse, I wouldn't be walking at this point. I was sitting in a patio chair when I felt the bite. That was exactly two weeks ago now.

IMG_9083.GIF

Rexone

an ordinary American
Reaction score
Brown widows love plastic furniture lips. I have lots of blacks and browns around my place. I spray them all the time, at night when they're out in the open. I've never been bit but a couple close calls.

Jimmy

Reaction score
[emoji28] Im not ganna even start.

RCDave

Reaction score
I can open the first page/first post of this thread. I almost threw my phone 100 yards seeing that.

I HATE black widows now....they are nasty lil devils

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Can you just cut out the bite instead of waiting to let it rot? I'd go that route before I'd let it turn into a rotting boil....

Pocket knife and a quick cut or 2, little wedge out ......seeing your wounds makes that seem a better route....

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Can you just cut out the bite instead of waiting to let it rot? I'd go that route before I'd let it turn into a rotting boil....

Pocket knife and a quick cut or 2, little wedge out ......seeing your wounds makes that seem a better route....

In all reality I have no idea. I know that if mine gets any worse I'm going to have them do something about it. It's actually worse today then yesterday. upload1494277218.929148.jpg

RCDave

Reaction score
In all reality I have no idea. I know that if mine gets any worse I'm going to have them do something about it. It's actually worse today then yesterday.

Hope it gets better soon. If you want the contact information for the surgeon that saved my finger, let me know. He did an amazing job.

One thing to note: Staff infections are common with Black Widow bites. They can spread quickly. If the wound feels warm/hot to the touch and is spreading, don't mess around. Get to a hospital.

In my case, they had to administer: 1) an intermuscular antibiotic shot, 2) IV injected antibiotics, and 3) two oral antibiotics for 10 days.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
[emoji28] Im not ganna even start.

Hope it gets better soon. If you want the contact information for the surgeon that saved my finger, let me know. He did an amazing job.

One thing to note: Staff infections are common with Black Widow bites. They can spread quickly. If the wound feels warm/hot to the touch and is spreading, don't mess around. Get to a hospital

I had a friend that reached into a hole in a tree and into a nest of some kind of spider, was bit multiple times and in the process developed a bad staph infection that kept him in the hospital for several months. They saved his hand but he has had a lot of problems with muscle control since.

The Fillipino that was thought to have been bit by a white tail spider in Australia and lost both legs and may lose his arms, is now thought to have some bad ass bacterial infection!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...a/news-story/7bb8c09c919768f9716ecff2376c5f8a

HST4ME

Reaction score

One thing to note: Staff infections are common with Black Widow bites. They can spread quickly. If the wound feels warm/hot to the touch and is spreading, don't mess around. Get to a hospital.

In my case, they had to administer: 1) an intermuscular antibiotic shot, 2) IV injected antibiotics, and 3) two oral antibiotics for 10 days.

The picture of my foot was the good picture lol.

RCDave

Reaction score
The picture of my foot was the good picture lol.

I can tell. It looks like it was on the mend there.

These bites can look incredibly nasty during the in initial stages, especially the recluse bites.

Glad you're OK after both incidents. Do you carry around a flame thrower now? :)