WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blackhawks on a twin engine cat ,anyone have experience ?

bor

Reaction score
Like title say I m looking for somebody that have experience or know somebody that have done blackhawks on a twin engine cat .

I m thinking to put on blackhawks on my cat converted to single propshaft
The thing I m worried about is that when you have determed the x dimmension and put on the gimbals you can not space it down so must be perfect or you have to do the transom again and maybe another time if its still not working .

So I hope there is someone out here that have done it , Aaron from max machine worx told me there are a few 24-25 and 28 arround which are wicked fast .

All pro s and cons are welcome !

Thx

Bor

Gelcoater

Reaction score
The pro...it's a bitchin design drive,very fast.
They're fairly light.
The wow factor is there,as they haven't been built in some time some folks will have no idea what it is.

The cons
They don't take much hp to break
Parts are becoming hard to find
Finding the just right x height will be a challenge.

Best of luck!Please post pics!!!!!!

bor

Reaction score
The pro...it's a bitchin design drive,very fast.
They're fairly light.
The wow factor is there,as they haven't been built in some time some folks will have no idea what it is.

The cons
They don't take much hp to break
Parts are becoming hard to find
Finding the just right x height will be a challenge.

Best of luck!Please post pics!!!!!!

The parts are not very hard as its all bravo 1 in the upper and bravo 3 in the lower only the vertical shaft is different but the guys from max machine worx have them .
Also there holding up just as a bravo and you can put xr gears in them so they can hold up quite well if youre not going to crazy .

I was hopping to find some experience here but not yet ....

no mather what I gonna use the blackhawks or arnesons I will make a thread here for sure

thx

Bor

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
The parts are not very hard as its all bravo 1 in the upper and bravo 3 in the lower only the vertical shaft is different but the guys from max machine worx have them .
Also there holding up just as a bravo and you can put xr gears in them so they can hold up quite well if youre not going to crazy .

I was hopping to find some experience here but not yet ....

no mather what I gonna use the blackhawks or arnesons I will make a thread here for sure

thx

Bor
I think gelcoater was just referring to the stock Blackhawks and not the ones converted to single prop. I've never seen a single prop blackhawk. Could be pretty damn bitchin.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I think gelcoater was just referring to the stock Blackhawks and not the ones converted to single prop. I've never seen a single prop blackhawk. Could be pretty damn bitchin.

I don't know enough about this shit to really know wtf I'm talking about.I didn't even catch he was talking about a single prop?I saw Bravo 3 something or other which also has the counter rotating twin props?
Then,on a twin like this,I assume you need a left and right hand counter rotating drives?
Do they spin in or out?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I don't know enough about this shit to really know wtf I'm talking about.I didn't even catch he was talking about a single prop?I saw Bravo 3 something or other which also has the counter rotating twin props?
Then,on a twin like this,I assume you need a left and right hand counter rotating drives?
Do they spin in or out?
I really don't either. Although re-reading it I know the lower isn't a Bravo 3 since the Blackhawk has the nose cone or what not on it. Maybe the internals are the same? Fuck if I know. I'm an outboard guy! Lol!

bor

Reaction score
Hey guys ,

Thanks for thinking whit me !
I have done Some research in the past as i Used one on a 21 v hull as they where pretty fast on the Little donzi s

The black hawk use bravo 1 internals in the upper and bravo 3 internals in the lower part only the casing is one piece so it basicly have no upper or lower .
Only the vertical shaft is shorter because its about 8" shorter then the bravo 1

I want to convert them to a single propshaft as i think the counter rotation props would not give benefit on a twin Engine application and also there are only 27,29 and 31 " props for the blackhawk which use different props then the bravo 3 due to the surface running .
And those props are hard to find and i need something in the 34-36 " range

thx

Bor

hallett21

Reaction score
What is your hesitation with arnesons?

bor

Reaction score
What is your hesitation with arnesons?

I have brand new bravo its sportmaster set up that i have bought a while back when i started the project but it would not fit like i thought it would so looking for options now and the blackhawk was one of them however arnesons are billet proof .
Downside , arnesons are almost 48k for the pair if i had the money i would go that
Route whitout hesistation in a heartbeat if i have to Guess the x dimmension and risk to do my transom one or two times i think i would go and save money and sell my bravo setup so i can do the arnesons .