WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blackstone griddles

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Just pulled these reverse seared fillets off the Blackstone. With all 3 burners on high it got to 650*
39E9A853-4193-4C7C-8EC7-60F2F02B3F3F.jpeg

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just bought the 36" one from Ace Hardware today, on sale for $299. All the stores were out of stock, but hopefully it will be here Tuesday to make some Carne Asada for Cinco De Mayo. If not, I will have to drag out my Camp Chef stove with griddle.

I have been wanting one for awhile.

20200503_170359.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just bought the 36" one from Ace Hardware today, on sale for $299. All the stores were out of stock, but hopefully it will be here Tuesday to make some Carne Asada for Cinco De Mayo. If not, I will have to drag out my Camp Chef stove with griddle.

I have been wanting one for awhile.

View attachment 873227

Sent From Tapatalk
I hope I don't mind the lid being being attached, vs removable.

Sent From Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Well this thread cost me $320.00.
ACE Hardware deal.

Same here. $299.00 sale price plus tax

By the way, for an American company their assembly pics are crap. It's an easy assembly and yeah, I know, who reads instructions but still. I know this thing's made in China but the instructions must be too.

Seasoning tomorrow. Griddling Wednesday...

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

By the way, for an American company their assembly pics are crap. It's an easy assembly and yeah, I know, who reads instructions but still. I know this thing's made in China but the instructions must be too.

My local ACE only had a pre assembled unit left so they offered it to me.
No way. I'll wait for a new in box one to be shipped.
The last thing I want is some kid with a crescent wrench putting mine together.
I should have it on Friday so maybe breakfast on Sunday.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I have the Blue Rhino from Lowes......had for awhile. Mine has the 2 lids that close from the side. I think at the time the Blackstones didnt have lids...so I went with Blue Rhino. Mine is 4 burner....one on the right is for searing....I usually only use the 3 burners...heat spreads fine. Mine was only like $220. Plenty big. Works perfect. No complaints. The new big Blackstone looks pretty cool with the air dryer drawers on the bottom. Not sure I'd wanna drop that much coin just to add that feature. Mine serves its purpose.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
I love my 36" and want to get the Tailgater for camping trips. Currently not available and on back order though.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Can you do a trip tip on one of these?

I currently do tri tips on the bbq, with burner below it off.

Foscheck

Reaction score
Can you do a trip tip on one of these?

I currently do tri tips on the bbq, with burner below it off.
I'm no pro, but I've done a tri tip on mine. I just turn it more often. A dome (lid) helps keep it from drying out.

Nordie

Reaction score
I want one of these now, thanks guys...I've got a hookup on my patio so a converted one would be ideal.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I want one of these now, thanks guys...I've got a hookup on my patio so a converted one would be ideal.

I love the nat gas conversion on my bbq and now the blackstone. The burners on the blackstone are a "H" pattern... big. I imagine the thing sucks down a propane bottle like its nothing. Wasnt hard to do, couple screws and change the jet. Swap the hose, done.

Nordie

Reaction score
I love the nat gas conversion on my bbq and now the blackstone. The burners on the blackstone are a "H" pattern... big. I imagine the thing sucks down a propane bottle like its nothing. Wasnt hard to do, couple screws and change the jet. Swap the hose, done.

Good to know, I gave away my propane grill. I just use my smoker and a charcoal grill. This thing would be ideal to cook anything on. As stated above cooking breakfast stinks up the house. It would definitely be nice to cook everything on one top vs multiple pans, or better yet maybe not turn an attempted omelet into scrambled eggs.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Good to know, I gave away my propane grill. I just use my smoker and a charcoal grill. This thing would be ideal to cook anything on. As stated above cooking breakfast stinks up the house. It would definitely be nice to cook everything on one top vs multiple pans, or better yet maybe not turn an attempted omelet into scrambled eggs.

I've been making breakfast every day and had a few dinners so far. Like you mentioned I dont have to clean up a bacon pan, an egg pan, etc... Its nice that its out of the house, no bacon grease splatter, no smoke.

I do find myself using a spatula, tongs, and a lot of blue paper towels to wipe things down, and then some oil to keep it coated. Theres also some stuff I want to get like a big dome/bowl with a handle on the top so when you need to melt cheese, or steam some potatoes/veggies. Mine has a little magnetic strip on the shelf and I started putting my utensils on it, but then noticed they just drip grease onto the ground. So theres more paper towels to quickly wipe things off before sticking em on.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

I picked mine up today, but it was too late to assemble it. I will assemble and season tomorrow.

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Well it ended up that I couldn't go to bed without assembling it last night. So I was put in the garage assembling at 11:30pm...anyone driving, or walking by, probably thought I was a tweaker. LOL.

Sent From Tapatalk

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Has anyone sanded the griddle to smooth it out before seasoning? I often do that with cast iron, with great results. I use an angle grinder with a sanding wheel.

Would that be overkill on this griddle? Let me know your thoughts.

Sent From Tapatalk

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy one but I have been watching videos and one problem is that when it is windy there's a problem keeping the flame from going out

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Has anyone sanded the griddle to smooth it out before seasoning? I often do that with cast iron, with great results. I use an angle grinder with a sanding wheel.

Would that be overkill on this griddle? Let me know your thoughts.

Sent From Tapatalk

I thought about doing that as I was getting little "dots" on my food when I scrape the griddle from the rough texture. After a few meals it went away but the thought did cross my mind to smooth it out.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
I seasoned my "Iron Slab" last night. Followed the instructions on keeping the thing set on high and holy blazing sun that effer gets H-O-T! Somehow online they show people wiping the oil across the griddle using their hand holding a wad of paper towels. If I did that my hand woulda been charred.

Otherwise, the Iron Slab is seasoned ready to go...next step is using this bad boy

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
What do you mean by seasoning? Is it a process you do to the cooking surface? I was thinking about getting one, now I really want one! Also the NG conversion, does it come with the kit or do you buy it separately?

ka0tyk

Reaction score
What do you mean by seasoning? Is it a process you do to the cooking surface? I was thinking about getting one, now I really want one! Also the NG conversion, does it come with the kit or do you buy it separately?

seasoning puts a protective layer on the metal so that food doesnt stick. also you dont have to scrub it after every use. I opted for the jar of the "seasoning" from the same blackstone brand that was like $7. its basically palm oil, etc and you turn your grill on full blast, wipe it around and wait until the fire dept comes from all the smoke as it burns off. once you do that 3-5 times theres a layer you're set. basic wipe on/wipe off. like a cast iron skillet. dont scour or use soap on the grill and it should remain non-stick after that.

the nat gas conversion is an additional $50. includes different size jets (nat gas requires a larger hole that propane), the hose and quick disconnect that you'll have to plumb into at least a 1/2" gas line.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Were these the Tailgater models? If so, did you happen to see a price?
The only tailgater I saw online is this one. The ones i saw in the store were just the small versions like this in 17", 22", and 28". The 17" is a single burner.
Screenshot_20200506-115527_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200506-115607_Chrome.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
seasoning puts a protective layer on the metal so that food doesnt stick. also you dont have to scrub it after every use. I opted for the jar of the "seasoning" from the same blackstone brand that was like $7. its basically palm oil, etc and you turn your grill on full blast, wipe it around and wait until the fire dept comes from all the smoke as it burns off. once you do that 3-5 times theres a layer you're set. basic wipe on/wipe off. like a cast iron skillet. dont scour or use soap on the grill and it should remain non-stick after that.

the nat gas conversion is an additional $50. includes different size jets (nat gas requires a larger hole that propane), the hose and quick disconnect that you'll have to plumb into at least a 1/2" gas line.

Gotcha! Thank you for the info!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Cook a few packs of bacon on a new griddle and yore good. Check out Todd toven's vids on youtube.. good stuff

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Damn if I knew this many people would go and buy one I would’ve applied for some group purchase discount. Heh.

WhatExit?

Reaction score

You're welcome 😁 😁 😁

Nordie

Reaction score
Mine will be delivered next week, already have meals planned as well...

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Got my Royal Gourmet Flat top yesterday from the guy in the big brown truck. This morning was sausage, eggs and hash browns. Not bad for the first time. Tonight was New York Strips & Veggies. Came out great again. A little bit of a learning curve on these things but so far we like it. Got the 24", 3 burner, it's just the two of us and there is more than enough room. The no-stick makes it a breeze to clean-up.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I'm out on the back patio putting mine together right now.
Went to ACE Hardware to pick it up and there's a news channel 3 van sitting in front of the store.
They must have been filming from a social distance through their window.
Maybe I'll get my 15 seconds of fame tonight. No mask.

BlowMe

Reaction score
None of the ace hardware stores oh here by me in Missouri had any. Had to call and order it. Should be here in about a week. I cant wait!!!

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Anybody buy this? Is it worthwhile?

EDIT: Wait - Amazon says: Doesn't fit The 36" Griddle with New Rear Grease Model

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 8.16.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 8.16.21 AM.png

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Missing what appears to be 2 washers for the paper towel holder and the hood came bent but it's assembled.

IMG_20200510_093519530.jpg
IMG_20200510_093529017.jpg

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Missing what appears to be 2 washers for the paper towel holder and the hood came bent but it's assembled.

View attachment 875322 View attachment 875323

That sucks. I wonder if someone got it and returned it. I had two extra screws with mine. The paper towel holderseemed funky at first but go grab yourself a roll of those blue paper towels. It’s good for wiping it down. Regular paper towels seem to suck up the oil quickly and it burns the hell out of your fingers.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
That sucks. I wonder if someone got it and returned it. I had two extra screws with mine. The paper towel holderseemed funky at first but go grab yourself a roll of those blue paper towels. It’s good for wiping it down. Regular paper towels seem to suck up the oil quickly and it burns the hell out of your fingers.

It was new in box, just bent, new in box.
My wife is more irritated than me so she's going to stop at ACE Hardware and tell them to replace the hood.
We know exactly what they will tell her but we'll see...
The towel holder had me stumped until I read the instructions (who the hell reads those first?) and saw it was supposed to have washers. I'll use a spacer and it will be fine.