WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blackstone griddles

SoCalDave

Reaction score

I ordered that first one last week and have used it 3-4 times already on my NG Weber. I doesn't get quite as hot as I would like and definitely will not sear meat due to the burners being so far away from the pan. Don't get me wrong it did perform pretty damn good for what I have prepared (last night was bacon wrapped dogs with peppers/onions) but it is small and takes a long time to get up to temperature. I'll just keep in for our camping trips as it will be handy for those early morning breakfast over the fire.

Like others I just ordered the 36" from Walmart and will pick it up on my way home today. Looking forward to cooking on it this weekend.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Wonder when Dave's commission check from Blackstone arrives??? :)

Nordie

Reaction score
Well shit...going to need another adapter.
20200522_181644.jpg

The natural gas kit is also female. Is that NPT? I might have something here at the house, and can I pipe dope it?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Well shit...going to need another adapter. View attachment 879765
The natural gas kit is also female. Is that NPT? I might have something here at the house, and can I pipe dope it?
Yes, appears to be 1/2" NPT. Did the conversion kit come with a flare or NPT connection? A NPT to flare nipple is extremely common and readily available.
They make a teflon tape for gas.
They also make gas dope as well. I prefer the dope myself.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Nordie

Reaction score
They make a teflon tape for gas.

Yeah, not really a fan of the teflon gas stuff.

Yes, appears to be 1/2" NPT. Did the conversion kit come with a flare or NPT connection? A NPT to flare nipple is extremely common and readily available.They also make gas dope as well. I prefer the dope myself.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

So it is NPT, the kit is a flare I do believe. After I posted on here, I read the instructions on the orfices and they recommended a certain type of dope for high temp, would I use the same type? I mean I know at the valve it's not hot, but maybe it's gas resistant?

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Yeah it’s been probably 8 years but I remember using some type of goop in a can for gas lines at the depot, not any type of regular Teflon tape. After I was done I let it dry, turned on the main and sprayed it all with soapy water to check for leaks.

B1B65225-DA93-44CE-946A-E642D0F1F00B.jpeg

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Teflon tape for gas lines is yellow I believe; white for non-gas pipe

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Teflon tape for gas lines is yellow I believe; white for non-gas pipe
Yes. Same for the dope.

BTW, it's really fun to see people's face when you're checking for leaks with a lighter.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

SoCalDave

Reaction score
just installed mine and finished the seasoning process. SIL just went to Superior for some fish and filets that ARE STILL ON SALE FOR $6:99LB and some veggies to go with it. Can taste it already.
Took part of the railing out as I had no where else to put it and this area was dormant. Already ordered the NG kit to tap into the rest of the cooking tools.

20200523_153350.jpg

20200523_153358.jpg

20200523_160518.jpg

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Blue Rhino...on sale at Lowes right now for 299 I believe. No complaints with mine....👍

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Yeah it’s been probably 8 years but I remember using some type of goop in a can for gas lines at the depot, not any type of regular Teflon tape. After I was done I let it dry, turned on the main and sprayed it all with soapy water to check for leaks.

View attachment 879872
Dont be a buncha girls using dope......lol...If I use white or green dope practically daily.....on 40+ pounds street pressure....you'll be fine with inches water column....most areas are 1/2 to 1/3 lb of gas past the regulator. Just soap test all threads.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
just installed mine and finished the seasoning process. SIL just went to Superior for some fish and filets that ARE STILL ON SALE FOR $6:99LB and some veggies to go with it. Can taste it already.
Took part of the railing out as I had no where else to put it and this area was dormant. Already ordered the NG kit to tap into the rest of the cooking tools.

View attachment 880113

View attachment 880115

View attachment 880116
Duuuuude........filets are cheaper @ 5.99/lb @ Superior now...😋😋😋

WhatExit?

Reaction score

View attachment 880113

View attachment 880115

View attachment 880116

Looks good. Watch the heat coming out the side of the Blackstone doesn't affect your island (not sure what material it's made of).

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Looks good. Watch the heat coming out the side of the Blackstone doesn't affect your island (not sure what material it's made of).
Yeah already assessed that...that fuker puts out some heat. Gonna form a SS shield on Tuesday when back at the shop

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Yeah already assessed that...that fuker puts out some heat. Gonna form a SS shield on Tuesday when back at the shop

Really have to watch what I put on the two side shelves attached to the Griddle as the heat pours out the sides. Almost melted a plastic squirt bottle and a plastic olive oil bottle :oops:

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Picked up some avocado oil (high smoke point) and some scallops - gonna give 'em a go on the Griddle for lunch today...

Seared Scallops
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time5 minutes
Total Time10 minutes

Servings 2
Calories 263kcal

Ingredients
For the Scallops:
1/2 lb dry sea scallops
salt
pepper
1 tbsp avocado oil or other high smoke point oil
2 tbsp butter

Ideas for What to Serve with Scallops (optional):
Zucchini Salad
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
Zucchini Fritters

Instructions
Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
In the meantime, pat the scallops very dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle the sea scallops with salt and pepper, to season.
When the pan is hot, add the grapeseed oil, then drop in your scallops, giving them enough room in between so they don’t steam each other. The scallops should make a sizzling noise when you put them in the pan.
Cook the scallops for 2 minutes, making sure not to move them or touch them at a
Flip the scallops over with a pair of tongs, and add the butter to the pan. Let the scallops cook for 1 more minute, basting the scallops with the butte
Remove the scallops from the pan and serve!

Nutrition
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 317mg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Really have to watch what I put on the two side shelves attached to the Griddle as the heat pours out the sides. Almost melted a plastic squirt bottle and a plastic olive oil bottle :oops:
The wind deflectors on the sides should work well to deflect the heat away from items on the sides

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Sooooooo......Daddy is gonna bust out some Jack Daniel's ribeyes tonight.....gonna fire it up here shortly. We'll see how they come out....gonna still do seasoned potatoes on the grill though....many beers deep right now....weather was perfect....been a chill day. Tacos on the griddle manana with my parents rollin up......fuck this quarantine shit!! 😂😂

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Sooooooo......Daddy is gonna bust out some Jack Daniel's ribeyes tonight.....gonna fire it up here shortly. We'll see how they come out....gonna still do seasoned potatoes on the grill though....many beers deep right now....weather was perfect....been a chill day. Tacos on the griddle manana with my parents rollin up......fuck this quarantine shit!! 😂😂

You got this....cheers!

Singleton

Reaction score
I think I am going to order the 17" one for the trailer while on the road. Who wants to mess up the kitchen and you can do a lot of other stuff on it. Hash browns,eggs and bacon/sausage sounds good....

that is what we do. I am adding the Blackstone stand to give me back a table outside

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
that is what we do. I am adding the Blackstone stand to give me back a table outside

I looked at Neils today (Lunatic Fringe) as I was at his house. He invited me to do the JD steaks and I couldn't make it. I missed out!!!!! I am going FT for about 5 years just traveling around in the 5th wheel. I think the 17" will be perfect. I think you get the two burners with the 22 but its only me and occasionally a grandson or two. For me cooking breakfast on this is something I am looking forward to.

You happy with the quality of it? Does it come with the top or do you need to order that on the small one? I am also going to get the optional propane connector as I will use a bigger tank.

Tom

Singleton

Reaction score
I looked at Neils today (Lunatic Fringe) as I was at his house. He invited me to do the JD steaks and I couldn't make it. I missed out!!!!! I am going FT for about 5 years just traveling around in the 5th wheel. I think the 17" will be perfect. I think you get the two burners with the 22 but its only me and occasionally a grandson or two. For me cooking breakfast on this is something I am looking forward to.

You happy with the quality of it? Does it come with the top or do you need to order that on the small one? I am also going to get the optional propane connector as I will use a bigger tank.

Tom

happy with the quality. no metal top, but came with canvas top.
i got the propane connector and quick disconnect and it goes right to the propane on the trailer.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I just bought his one for our toy hauler. Just put it together last nigh. The stand folds up and separates from the grill.

I just ordered the same for the 5th wheel. I really only wanted the 17" but wanted a stand, hood and adapter hose so it made sense to just order the 22" package.

Rondog4405

Reaction score

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
I just bought his one for our toy hauler. Just put it together last nigh. The stand folds up and separates from the grill.

That thing is cool....looks like a must for camping. Shit....I'd probably go Mexican style and haul my big one camping with me anyways....😂😂

Riverryder

Reaction score
That thing is cool....looks like a must for camping. Shit....I'd probably go Mexican style and haul my big one camping with me anyways....[emoji23][emoji23]

Mexican style? Haha
I’m Mexican and chose to never haul a big grill anywhere. Either one small one and if I’m with more then one boat anyone who
Wants to eat better bring and grill there own food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ka0tyk

Reaction score
Another day. Another griddle. Homemade salsa roasting everything on the griddle. Then gonna toss in a blender real quick with some oil lime juice and cilantro.

56688770-E2D9-4009-8966-DD9FB0F3D3D5.jpeg

Then fajita time.
7E1B2EBE-5FE8-447C-AB60-A66BE5411461.jpeg

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Reaction score
I admit that this Blackstone Griddle has changed our grilling lives for the better... Being able to do most everything on this griddle is outstanding - no need to split the cooking between the kitchen and outside.

Best purchase I made this year for sure

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
I found the packaging was quite amazing.

I took my grill out piece by piece and assembled it with ample space. I went to put all of the cardboard and foam back in the original box and could hardly make it fit. That was after I took out all of the pieces for this monster of a grill. 🤔 :D

ka0tyk

Reaction score

I took my grill out piece by piece and assembled it with ample space. I went to put all of the cardboard and foam back in the original box and could hardly make it fit. That was after I took out all of the pieces for this monster of a grill. 🤔 :D

my kid took the box and turned it into a camper trailer for the dog to pull behind her monster truck. now i cant get rid of the damn thing.

95722006_10103271504550757_5953120543963086848_n.jpg

Nordie

Reaction score

The packaging is definitely good, also smells like harbor freight. My only issue with unboxing mine, (this is probably on the shipping company) was the top edges of the actual griddle had some gouges. I used my cordless grinder with a 80 grit flapper and cleaned them up. The gouges were seriously sharp and could cut you open. Other then that no big deal.