WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blackstone griddles

Sherpa

Reaction score
WORD OF WARNING TO YOU GUYS WHO HAVE THE VERSIONS WITH THE OUTSIDE SHELVES AT THE SAME HEIGHT AS THE GRIDDLE COOK SURFACE:

ANYTHING ON THAT SHELF WITHIN 8" OR CLOSER TO THE GRIDDLE WILL BECOME AS HOT AS THE FACE OF THE SUN.!!!!!!!!!!

I burned the f_ck outta my hand by picking up a pair of grabbers made of stainless steel that were about 5" away from the griddle........... literally melted my fingers
and palm........... was just about ready to break a corona bottle over my wife's stupid cousins face I was so pissed about it......

SO, YOU'VE BEEN MADE AWARE............!

And yes, I was that* pissed.! --Sherpa

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
WORD OF WARNING TO YOU GUYS WHO HAVE THE VERSIONS WITH THE OUTSIDE SHELVES AT THE SAME HEIGHT AS THE GRIDDLE COOK SURFACE:

ANYTHING ON THAT SHELF WITHIN 8" OR CLOSER TO THE GRIDDLE WILL BECOME AS HOT AS THE FACE OF THE SUN.!!!!!!!!!!

I burned the f_ck outta my hand by picking up a pair of grabbers made of stainless steel that were about 5" away from the griddle........... literally melted my fingers
and palm........... was just about ready to break a corona bottle over my wife's stupid cousins face I was so pissed about it......

thats pissed! I moved my hose to the propane as it was starting to get hot. Dont need that burning thru.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Playing with fire again, huh?

unnamed.jpg

HitIt

Reaction score
Just did sausage, hash browns, pancakes, and cheese omelets while having a coffee with Baileys and listening to some tunes on the patio. Whole family liked the breakfast. Wife loved the (lack of) cleanup.

@Lunatic Fringe love the egg rings.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Anyone have 22” model with stand? I’m thinking of going that route. Big enough for home use yet smell enough to take camping. Thoughts?
View attachment 886948

my father has one and I just got him the lid for Father’s Day. I’ve used it and the stand works great. I suggest getting a wind guard too.

707dog

Reaction score

found this out the hard way too well my buddy did put a beer on the shelf for him while he was cooking heh grabbed it got him pretty good on the fingertips

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
So, wife got me a Blue Rhino for an early Fathers day present. I know how to season it, what has everybody used to clean their griddles the first time, to get that manufacturing/packing grease off their griddles before seasoning?

Nordie

Reaction score
So, wife got me a Blue Rhino for an early Fathers day present. I know how to season it, what has everybody used to clean their griddles the first time, to get that manufacturing/packing grease off their griddles before seasoning?

I used soap and water, also bought some of those scrubby pads by Blackstone, but that's what I used to clean that crud off.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The side shelves are pretty worthless.
I unwrapped a couple of steaks and turned my back for a moment.
The butcher paper caught on fire.

Near as I can figure, the shelves are only there to keep kids from coming up to the sides of the Griddle 😁 😁 😁

Someone needs to design and make shelves with risers that sit on and go above those side shelves 👍

Warlock1

Reaction score
Walmart in Gilbert off of the 60 and Stapely

WhatExit?

Reaction score
awesome wife got me the egg holders haven't had a chance to use them yet but damn i want breakfast now, gonna steal your wire rack idea got one from the smoker i never use

In my desire to no longer promote Amazon I found this - looks like a good price and it's from Lodge...

LODASER.jpg

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
In my desire to no longer promote Amazon I found this - looks like a good price and it's from Lodge...

LODASER.jpg

And for those that like to shop brick and mortar stores, those were at my local Bass Pro Shop a couple weeks ago. Also, my local Wal Mart has a decent amount of Blackstone accessories.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
And for those that like to shop brick and mortar stores, those were at my local Bass Pro Shop a couple weeks ago. Also, my local Wal Mart has a decent amount of Blackstone accessories.

Yep, I've seen them in my local grocery store. Typically on the "gadget aisle"

BlowMe

Reaction score
Welp, ordered it last month when ace had the sale going on.....just came in today. Cant wait to get it cleaned up and seasoned tomorrow after work 👍🤟 and the cover seems really heavy duty and good quality. I'm glad I got it

20200618_185131.jpg
20200618_185949.jpg

BlowMe

Reaction score
I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you

WildWilly

Reaction score
I had heard Ace would have them back and on sale the 18th but still nothing, that lid is what makes it for me

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Bought myself one yesterday. Seasoned it last night and this morning. We did bacon eggs and potatoes this morning. I gotta say it’s pretty legit. It cooks fast though. You gotta be on your game when you’re cooking multiple things at once. But the flavor was good. For a few hundred bucks it’s worth it. I need a cover, that’s about all I want.

We really bought just to cook burgers. I like cooking them inside on a flat top but the mess and smell in the house is a lot. I prefer them cooked that way over an open flame. We’ll see this afternoon how the burgers go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Veggies on the griddle - didn't get any pics of the Ahi Tuna steaks

Nothing like being able to cook everything in one place on the griddle and bringing it all to the table at the same time
Blackstone veggies - 1.jpeg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Grilled some steaks and chicken yesterday that came out pretty damn good. I would normally do my grilled peach halfs on the bbq but thought to cut em up and grill the on the Blackstone then pour them over some vanilla bean icecream. Didn't get a final pic but boy was that good.

20200621_134532.jpg

20200621_140659.jpg

20200621_204742.jpg

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Cooked 3lbs of carne last night. It was quick and easy. [emoji106]

Doing hashbrowns and bacon now.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I’ve never had hashbrowns turn out on the stove. They were really good on the griddle. Im loving this thing.

Nordie

Reaction score
I’ve never had hashbrowns turn out on the stove. They were really good on the griddle. Im loving this thing.

I made hashbrowns for the first time a couple weeks ago, I don't think I can have them any other way now. It happens quick as well.

Reactions: DWC

707dog

Reaction score
incase some didn't know they sale these to help out when the wind kicks up traps a lot of the heat where you need it

Nordie

Reaction score
Some quick steak fajitas
20200627_205202.jpg

Attachments

• 20200627_204740.jpg
    20200627_204740.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 71