WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blackstone griddles

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Any advice for the 17” gas connection? The bulk hose adapter I keep seeing is for the two burner and says it won’t fit the 17.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Any advice for the 17” gas connection? The bulk hose adapter I keep seeing is for the two burner and says it won’t fit the 17.

I've been looking at this - is this what you're talking about?

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I kept looking at Walmart and big 5 for the Blackstone labled product.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Did some street dogs for the game last night.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Wife ordered the 17” with the LP hookup. Hope it works when it gets here.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Just ordered the stand from the link above - haven’t even got the grill yet, but being able to keep it level is critical, and most campsites, picnic tables aren’t, so now my economical little grill is $250!

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Just ordered the stand from the link above - haven’t even got the grill yet, but being able to keep it level is critical, and most campsites, picnic tables aren’t, so now my economical little grill is $250!
I use small rock's to keep it level problem solved

EPL

Reaction score
Funny, just came across this thread. Just got one the other day. Wife has been after me to get one. We love it. I have cooked every meal on it since we got it.

We have cooked all our meals on the the Blackstone at home , camping and on our houseboat for the last 3 months since we got our first one !! Now have 4 !!

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
We have cooked all our meals on the the Blackstone at home , camping and on our houseboat for the last 3 months since we got our first one !! Now have 4 !!
Its amazing! I am already thinking I need a smaller one to travel with. I love that our kitchen stays spotless, and I love portuguese sausage in the morning. Been eating it my whole life. But man it smells up the house. So my wife is very excited the house won't smell anymore.

HitIt

Reaction score
Where did the rolls come from.

Those in particular were from trader joe's. We use any of the ones in the tube though. Pillsbury or any house brand works. A little squeeze of icing on top makes it perfect with some coffee and baileys.

jumborolls.JPG

I usually start with the griddle on low and smear a little butter around. Then pop the tube and spread the pucks of dough out. After that, use a heavy spatula and a square of wax paper to smash them down. You have got to keep an eye on them becuase the sugar will burn. Flip ep when golden and I typically shut the burner(s) off that are under them when I flip to allow the dough to cook all the way through. That might not be necessary depending on much you squish em or how dark you like the outside. Bang for the buck and amount of effort, they rank up there with with some of my favorite things to cook on the griddle.

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Joined the club and picked up a 22" online from Walmart. I paid 174.00 and unfortunately ordered before they went on sale the next day:oops:. I ordered many of the accessories that you guys suggested and cannot wait to use it camping this Thanksgiving weekend. I seasoned per their instructions while I enjoyed a bloody beer. I also ordered the adapter so I can connect it straight to the RV's LP. May you all have a Blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy your Family!!!!!!!!!!!
Backstone Grill.jpg

Blackstone accessories.jpg

HitIt

Reaction score
Joined the club and picked up a 22" online from Walmart. I paid 174.00 and unfortunately ordered before they went on sale the next day.

You didn't get the one that went on sale. You got the better one with the folding cart and an extra propane adapter. Hope that makes you feel a little better :cool:

Beerme

Reaction score
You didn't get the one that went on sale. You got the better one with the folding cart and an extra propane adapter. Hope that makes you feel a little better :cool:
That actually does. Thanks 😁 was not sure if they were the same or not, the wife said the square inches were slightly off so I wasn't sure if they were the same.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Joined the club and picked up a 22" online from Walmart. I paid 174.00 and unfortunately ordered before they went on sale the next day:oops:. I ordered many of the accessories that you guys suggested and cannot wait to use it camping this Thanksgiving weekend. I seasoned per their instructions while I enjoyed a bloody beer. I also ordered the adapter so I can connect it straight to the RV's LP. May you all have a Blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy your Family!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 945542

I just purchased the same set up from Walmart and it arrived yesterday. I had the Blue Rhino Razor that I picked up from Lowes a few months ago. It worked and I thought it worked well, but it started to fall apart and I was having issues with the regulator. I ended up taking it back and getting a full refund.

I assembled my Blackstone last night and used it and it worked WAY better than the Blue Rhino Razor. The Blackstone is better built, and I am happy. I use the crap out of my griddle!

HitIt

Reaction score
That actually does. Thanks 😁 was not sure if they were the same or not, the wife said the square inches were slightly off so I wasn't sure if they were the same.
Yours ($174):

Black Friday Special ($99):

I have been told that the way the hood attaches is different, too.

AzMandella

Reaction score
View attachment 945542
View attachment 945543
You might look at what PSI your RV regulator is rated for . I got mine all set up to run off the RV coupler on the side and could never get the damned thing hot . Checked and the PSI on the RV regulator was like 2 PSI lower than the one that came with the griddle .

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Let me know if anyone finds the lid for the 17” for decent price. Best I can find is like $50. Paid $89 for the grill so that seems excessive.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Pit Boss flat top? My ultimate goal is to take the lower legs off and mount it up in a BBQ island so the rear grease catcher of the blackstone wouldn't really work.

1606247459616.png

Beerme

Reaction score
You might look at what PSI your RV regulator is rated for . I got mine all set up to run off the RV coupler on the side and could never get the damned thing hot . Checked and the PSI on the RV regulator was like 2 PSI lower than the one that came with the griddle .
Didn't think of that, but good to know. I have some back up bottles in the RV in case I need them. Thanks!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
View attachment 945542
View attachment 945543
Nice!! But you really dont need the basting dome when you have the hood .. just sayin.😉

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yours ($174):

Black Friday Special ($99):

I have been told that the way the hood attaches is different, too.

Yes I think the lid is the same but how it is held on is different. The $99 one has a bit different base to attach the fixed legs, vs the folding legs of the $175 model.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Nice!! But you really dont need the basting dome when you have the hood .. just sayin.😉

The dome is good to move stuff around to a cooler area of the grill and cover it just keep it warm. Not a necessity with the lid, but a nice to have.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yep. Lid is attached to the base, not the griddle. Weird.

View attachment 945782

I like the $99 one better in this regard. personally. I was actually pretty impressed with the overall fit and finish. Of course if you need it as compact as possible, the folding leg model is the way to go. That said you could make the $99 one a table top unit pretty easily.

HitIt

Reaction score
I was actually pretty impressed with the overall fit and finish.

All of the Blackstone crap seems pretty cheap. I have been jaded by all of the $2k+ gas grills.

That said you could make the $99 one a table top unit pretty easily.
Is the unit bolted to the base? The other one just lifts off and has rubber feet on the bottom.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
All of the Blackstone crap seems pretty cheap. I have been jaded by all of the $2k+ gas grills.

Is the unit bolted to the base? The other one just lifts off and has rubber feet on the bottom.

For $100 if it makes 10 meals I got my money’s worth lol.

On this one the burners are in a lower box. The legs bolt to the lower box, and the griddle portion sits on top of that lower burner box.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
View attachment 945687
My son sent me this today. I think he saw it online somewhere.

Clever idea but I'd rather use and toss out the disposable foil grease cup liners...

blackstone-other-grilling-accessories-5017-c3_1000.jpg

Beerme

Reaction score
Used it for the first time this weekend. Browned my pork on it for a stew the first night, then did breakfast two days. Had intentions of doing the Trader Joes cinnamon rolls and smashburgers, but was too lazy after drinking all day 🍻😂 I love this thing. For breakfast it was MONEY!
blackstone.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Used it for the first time this weekend. Browned my pork on it for a stew the first night, then did breakfast two days. Had intentions of doing the Trader Joes cinnamon rolls and smashburgers, but was too lazy after drinking all day 🍻😂 I love this thing. For breakfast it was MONEY!
View attachment 948477

I did breakfast with mine and realized after I started pouring on the eggs that it wasn't level. I had to make a damn with my spatula LOL

I'm loving it though.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
From HitIt on the other thread...I couldn't agree more with his statement.

Best tip I can give about cooking on these things is to have *everything* prepped and ready. Everything cut/chopped, cooking tools ready, seasonings, sauces at arms reach, plates/dishes for when things are ready to come off, etc. Things tend to happen pretty quickly and walking away isn't always an option.

And have a roll of paper towels handy. And a second roll.

And a backup drink.

sintax

Reaction score
I did breakfast with mine and realized after I started pouring on the eggs that it wasn't level. I had to make a damn with my spatula LOL

I'm loving it though.

haha yea, you cant just pour it all on there, you gotta kinda go slow, build up something for it to stick to, and then you can slowly add more. I watched my brother in law straight pour on half a bowl and fill up the drip tray in about 2 seconds. There is an art to doing eggs on there.

HitIt

Reaction score
Scrambled eggs on the blackstone is expert level shit. I cook them last and I usually shut off the burners. They usually cook in either 3.2 or 3.5 seconds.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Scrambled eggs on the blackstone is expert level shit. I cook them last and I usually shut off the burners. They usually cook in either 3.2 or 3.5 seconds.

Ha ha.. I watched that video when I got my first blackstone 5 years ago.. crazy

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yea I’m doing the hast browns first next time, and the eggs last.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Anyone got any cooking tips? What kind of oil do you use? Use a lot of oil?

How much heat do you use for meat or veggies, etc.

HitIt

Reaction score

I use avocado and conola oil or butter. Also bacon fat if I am cooking bacon.

As far as heat goes, totally depends on what you are cooking. Chicken, lowish becuase it needs to cook all the way through. Burgers, hot to get the crust. I will say this... If you are cooking hot, be ready for things to happen quickly.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
clean it right after you turn the fire off. and for scraping- get a scraper with a longer handle on it. your knuckles will thank you.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I use canola oil. Not a lot, but different things need different amounts of oil. For pancakes I use spray oil and do a quick light spray between batches.

It is easy to get it too hot... so crank it to get it up to temp, then dial it back to 2/3 or so and see how it goes.

Scrape it clean when it’s still warm. I got some pumice stones to really get it clean.