WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blackstone griddles

rickym20

Reaction score
Got to mess around last night on the black stone. Didn’t get a picture of the rice finished but everything came out good. I need to make a few tweaks on seasoning and should be perfect.

80BD9CF6-A7CC-4391-AE45-8A477BCE482A.jpeg
BC4DB530-6D55-4C48-9951-4AACD7E32BD3.jpeg
C98B8090-D3C4-4099-AFBC-66A01FCE89C6.jpeg
BD0E8F94-1477-4D46-9B69-5CF362535F92.jpeg

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
We do street tacos all the time. Carne asada and some corn torts heating on the side.

golakers

Reaction score

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Sam The Cooking Guy
Have fun going down that rabbit hole.
I'm still down here after six months... 😁

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I bought one for our place at the river. It works amazing. We do a lot of shared meals with other families and you can make breakfast for 12 extremely fast and it comes out well. I gotta try some of the recipes on here!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
My attempt at smash burgers. I bought this for the motorhome, but its sure fun to use at home also. It's like I think I'm some sort of professional chef 😂 One thing for sure is the 22 eats small propane bottles like nothing. I have the adapter for the 5 gallon and the RV adapter but was lazy.
onion.jpg
Onion cooked.jpg
meat.jpg
meat cooked.jpg
Buns.jpg
smashburger.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My attempt at smash burgers. I bought this for the motorhome, but its sure fun to use at home also. It's like I think I'm some sort of professional chef 😂 One thing for sure is the 22 eats small propane bottles like nothing. I have the adapter for the 5 gallon and the RV adapter but was lazy.
View attachment 950412 View attachment 950413 View attachment 950414 View attachment 950415 View attachment 950416 View attachment 950417

That little bottle has got to last what, 2 meals? :)

I like that your version folds, but it needs the big bottle adapter for sure.

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
Anyone else have a pair of these Blackstone heat resistant gloves? My brother got me a pair for Christmas and they are awesome for cleaning while the grille is hot
0CEBB558-658E-4D52-A555-B5F248663D3C.jpeg

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I always burn myself when I clean it lol

does anyone use the basting lids?
These? If so I have a 12" and an 18" one and they work as designed. Cheese burgers? Burgers are done, slap a slice of your choice of toppings on it, cover for about 1-2 minutes and its ready. A must have for the Blackstone.

Mini+Melting+Dome+Set.jpg

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I just wad up the paper towels and use the scraper to clean it up.. fried my knuckles a few too many times .. f that

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I always burn myself when I clean it lol

does anyone use the basting lids?

Yea I have a basting lid. Works well, but if you have a grill lid it does the same thing, obviously to the entire grill at once.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
View attachment 950412 View attachment 950413 View attachment 950414 View attachment 950415 View attachment 950416 View attachment 950417
Just picked this one up at Wally world.$174, it came with the big tank adapter hose.

Beerme

Reaction score

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I did a good stir fry last night with onions, zucchini, broccoli, and steak with king pao sauce. Broke a sweat doing it.
It was mentioned before but have EVERYTHING ready before you start. It cools fast!!

Meaney77

Reaction score
That's what I paid. You really do need the big tank, or like me, I bought the adapter to hook to my RV.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089LQVVVM?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

I did my initial burn with a small propane tank and it really gobbles those down. Have fun, they are slightly addicting 😁
I recently bought the quick adapter and hose for my griddle to hook up to my Motor home and its terrible. Not sure if anyone else has the same experience but I think the regulator coming off my rig is set super low, I cant get the griddle very hot which is a bummer because I was looking forward to not having to pack a propane tank or bottles.

HitIt

Reaction score
I recently bought the quick adapter and hose for my griddle to hook up to my Motor home and its terrible. Not sure if anyone else has the same experience but I think the regulator coming off my rig is set super low, I cant get the griddle very hot which is a bummer because I was looking forward to not having to pack a propane tank or bottles.

I just had the problem this weekend. It sucks. I need to check the pressure coming out of the camper but all of the T-s and quick disconnects really limit the flow. I might try to move the connection closer to the main regulator. I might use one of the lines and quick disconnects that are meant for natural gas since the diameter of the hose and fittings is a bit larger.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Be sure you burners are off. Hook up your regulator and slowly turn on gas to normalize pressures. Sometimes the regulator thinks it’s in a free flow situation and slows the flow.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Be sure you burners are off. Hook up your regulator and slowly turn on gas to normalize pressures. Sometimes the regulator thinks it’s in a free flow situation and slows the flow.
This

petie6464

Reaction score

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
The RV propane system is a lower pressure than straight from the tank. That's why they sell RV specific BBQ's.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I just had the problem this weekend. It sucks. I need to check the pressure coming out of the camper but all of the T-s and quick disconnects really limit the flow. I might try to move the connection closer to the main regulator. I might use one of the lines and quick disconnects that are meant for natural gas since the diameter of the hose and fittings is a bit larger.
You can't hook up 2 regulators in series. I got a long extension hose and go straight to one of the bottles on the trailer or a separate 5 gal bottle.

Beerme

Reaction score
I did not have that problem with my RV. I use the existing hose that came with my RVQ and just used the adapter I linked in my post. I'm actually leaving this afternoon to KOH and plan on putting some work in on the grill 😁 🍻

HitIt

Reaction score
You can't hook up 2 regulators in series. I got a long extension hose and go straight to one of the bottles on the trailer or a separate 5 gal bottle.
Hah, yeah, I know. The second hose is just that. A hose with quick disconnects. The propane quick disconnects have a pretty small ID which limits the flow and drop the pressure once the propane starts flowing.

I did not have that problem with my RV.
Guess you got lucky. All RVs are different and mine happens to have a quick disconnect for the griddle on the opposite end of the camper as the tanks and regulator. The path from the regulator to the quick disconnect is a 30' labyrinth of twisting hoses and multi-way splitters. My old camper was actually a hard 1/2" pipe from the front to the back. My new camper is all flex rubber hose and the splitters and other fittings have pretty small IDs.