WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blow out

USMC2010

Reaction score
My pickup turns 19 this fall and tires have always given me heart burn as LT's don't last for crap no matter what the warranty. I've commented on how much I liked them in the past but Yokahama YK-HTX really held up, got just under 35k on these in 5 years. Thursday on my way to Las Vegas I had my first ever tire blow just under 70mph. It was the front passenger tire. It suppose it acted similar to a run flat as my rim never hit the pavement and I was in control the whole time. Put on my spare and continued my trip.
IMG_20200930_101307.jpg

Go figure, Yokahama makes a good tire and now starts to discontinue it per Discount Tire. They could only source one nationally is what they said.

Only my second run with Michelin but they are supposed to be really good. Warranty took care of the blown tire so I got 5 of these Agilis Crossclimate's for the price of 4 today. I hope they hold up.

IMG_20201002_095824.jpg

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Had the same problem. Nittos and Yokohama‘s can’t handle the heat. Just had a blowout by 29 Palms on my 1 ton. The tires were the improved G2 version and we’re still junk. Thank God I was only going 35 miles an hour in a roadwork zone. Happened to me twice.

B28BE8D0-7A16-4B73-83AE-877138B1A59E.jpeg

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I’ve always had very good luck with Michelins. There’s always a horror story about every tire out there, though. I bet these last you well.

I had 5 tread separation of 6 Michelins on my work truck. I'm sure #6 was next. These tires had 8k miles when they started to go.
I hope their newer design is better than the last and if not I'm going back to ribbed tires.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Had the same problem. Nittos and Yokohama‘s can’t handle the heat. Just had a blowout by 29 Palms on my 1 ton. The tires were the improved G2 version and we’re still junk. Thank God I was only going 35 miles an hour in a roadwork zone. Happened to me twice.

View attachment 928197
My pickup is outside all of the time in Havasu. I guess at 5 years I wasn't expecting a blowout but wouldn't think it was a pure heat failure, but I really don't know.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
My pickup is outside all of the time in Havasu. I guess at 5 years I wasn't expecting a blowout but wouldn't think it was a pure heat failure, but I really don't know.

The sun really does a number on tires. We cover the trailers and motorhome tires. They still take a beating.

motormonkey

Reaction score
I have had great luck with Michelin LT tires. I also keep the air pressure up on them. A friend would run them lower for ride quality and had issues.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Only use Michelin and have had no problems. I currently have Defender LTX m/s, I think the Agilis is slightly more aggressive.

Michelin did have a separation problem on a particular tire about 7 or 8 years ago I believe, but it was short lived.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I have had great luck with Michelin LT tires. I also keep the air pressure up on them. A friend would run them lower for ride quality and had issues.

Agreed - I've always used Michelin LT's on trucks/SUV's and you're right, they last a long time if you keep them air'd up.
But your buddy is right - they definitely ride better and I think they're quieter with lower pressure.

BajaMike

Reaction score
My pickup turns 19 this fall and tires have always given me heart burn as LT's don't last for crap no matter what the warranty. I've commented on how much I liked them in the past but Yokahama YK-HTX really held up, got just under 35k on these in 5 years. Thursday on my way to Las Vegas I had my first ever tire blow just under 70mph. It was the front passenger tire. It suppose it acted similar to a run flat as my rim never hit the pavement and I was in control the whole time. Put on my spare and continued my trip.
View attachment 928188

Go figure, Yokahama makes a good tire and now starts to discontinue it per Discount Tire. They could only source one nationally is what they said.

Only my second run with Michelin but they are supposed to be really good. Warranty took care of the blown tire so I got 5 of these Agilis Crossclimate's for the price of 4 today. I hope they hold up.

View attachment 928189

I only buy Michelin or BFG. THEY last FOREVER!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I had 5 tread separation of 6 Michelins on my work truck. I'm sure #6 was next. These tires had 8k miles when they started to go.
I hope their newer design is better than the last and if not I'm going back to ribbed tires.
Aaaaaand there it is!

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
BFG or nothing on all of my trucks. I have never had a flat or blow out in the 20 years of owning them. This includes many miles off road, Mexico, desert racing etc. About to put a set on my new to me truck in the next couple of weeks.