WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blower belt

500bbc

Reaction score
How often should it be changed?
871, 13/14 #'s, boost, 8MM belt

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I would like to know this as well. Standard belt or GT style 8mm?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't know what official check is, I was told to look at the base of the lugs (on the "HTD" style?) and look for ant cracks or splits...like lugs rocking. Was also told if you sneeze it at all, replace the belt.

@ltbaney1 , or @BoostPower would be the know the real deal, hopefully one of them can answer.

rrrr

Reaction score
If you would fix that blower surge, you wouldn't need to keep buying replacements.

😁

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what official check is, I was told to look at the base of the lugs (on the "HTD" style?) and look for ant cracks or splits...like lugs rocking. Was also told if you sneeze it at all, replace the belt.

@ltbaney1 , or @BoostPower would be the know the real deal, hopefully one of them can answer.

Similar to a tire or worn our rubber[emoji38] look for cracks streaks or burning. Usually an 8mm belt will go 2-3 seasons with average West Coast Use unlike a rubber [emoji1318][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltbaney1

Reaction score

we run the "old" style belt with square teeth rather then "new" round tooth style. my normal check is turn the belt inside out and inspect for any cracks or fraying. if we have any backfires or the like the belt gets changed. another thing I think adds to the life of the belt is the way we run our tensioner, we push the belt from the inside out rather than the inside in. i feel it puts less pressure on the belt, and we wouldnt clear the fuel pump if we pushed it in. i also do my best to not get any fuel or brake cleaner on the belt.
60521228642__CE310483-7B29-423E-B417-186D3157CB9E.JPG