WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blower motor tune Help

jcbauer

Reaction score
Hi. Can anyone recommend a shop in Havasu to fine tune my boat blower motor. The new engine is already installed and I just found out boost power marine no longer dynos engines that they didn’t build. I was planning on them running it on prop dyno. I don’t know of anyone else that has a prop dyno. Also my friend George Shiala (AZ George) was my guy for that but he passed recently.

Thnx

Mcchevy69ss

Reaction score
Hi. Can anyone recommend a shop in Havasu to fine tune my boat blower motor. The new engine is already installed and I just found out boost power marine no longer dynos engines that they didn’t build. I was planning on them running it on prop dyno. I don’t know of anyone else that has a prop dyno. Also my friend George Shiala (AZ George) was my guy for that but he passed recently.

Thnx
Bummer to hear about George, I knew him when he ran Finish line marine in the valley. AJ at Barrett should be able to assist.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I think I would take that to a builder to tune. GT Performance, Teague, someone along those lines. Maybe Barry Obler at the river.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Might try Pro Marine. If he won’t do it I’m sure he has a recommendation. I see a lot of D1Performance stickers on boats cruising Havasu too. Not sure if you are talking carbs or EFI that makes a difference on where you should take it.

jcbauer

Reaction score

Attachments

• 86413D8F-341A-4143-9AE8-EF7881D17C0E.png
    86413D8F-341A-4143-9AE8-EF7881D17C0E.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 57

jcbauer

Reaction score
Might try Pro Marine. If he won’t do it I’m sure he has a recommendation. I see a lot of D1Performance stickers on boats cruising Havasu too. Not sure if you are talking carbs or EFI that makes a difference on where you should take it.
Thnx, Had a 598 done by Tom and installed in a Conquest. Didn’t work out to well.

jcbauer

Reaction score
I think I would take that to a builder to tune. GT Performance, Teague, someone along those lines. Maybe Barry Obler at the river.
I got it started and timed with a single carb set up. Then I put the blower and dominators on. It runs good just wanted it fine tuned. Blower surge is more than previous and seems a little too rich, Thnx

SoCalZero

Reaction score
Take them off and send them to C&J and you’ll be good to go.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I got it started and timed with a single carb set up. Then I put the blower and dominators on. It runs good just wanted it fine tuned. Blower surge is more than previous and seems a little too rich, Thnx
Rich idle is easy to fix. I have my own launch ramp here. How much timing do you have in it?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I don't hear them mentioned much on RDP so maybe there's a reason, but would Louis Performance Engines on Kiowa and Industrial be up to that? I remember reading about his tune and computer work a few years ago.

Last edited:

jcbauer

Reaction score
It's more normal to run a blown deal at 30 degrees locked out.
I don’t believe it’s locked when I increased rpm to 2500-3000 the timing did change. According to my not so great timing gun.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
If you want some help, send me your number by direct message. Remove the distributor cap and see if you can move the rotor around by hand. If it won't turn, it's locked out. If it does turn, it's not hard to lock out an MSD distributor if that's what you've got. Bring the engine to TDC on #1 firing position, easy enough to verify with distributor cap off. Pull distributor and I can explain the rest.

jcbauer

Reaction score
I don't hear them mentioned much on RDP so maybe there's a reason, but would Louis Performance Engines on Kiowa and Industrial be up to that? I remember reading about his tune and computer work a few years ago.
Thnx for the info
If you want some help, send me your number by direct message. Remove the distributor cap and see if you can move the rotor around by hand. If it won't turn, it's locked out. If it does turn, it's not hard to lock out an MSD distributor if that's what you've got. Bring the engine to TDC on #1 firing position, easy enough to verify with distributor cap off. Pull distributor and I can explain the rest.
I will. Thnx