WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blown Cole TR-2

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
A friend came by the house today for breakfast and brought this along for a morning put. :thumbsup

The water is great today! as long as you get on it by 7 am. :D

Attachments

• Mike's TR-2 018 [800x600].jpg
    Mike's TR-2 018 [800x600].jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 1,689
  • Mike's TR-2 022 [800x600].jpg
    Mike's TR-2 022 [800x600].jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,676
  • Mike's TR-2 026 [800x600].jpg
    Mike's TR-2 026 [800x600].jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 1,652
  • Mike's TR-2 043 [800x600].jpg
    Mike's TR-2 043 [800x600].jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,627
  • Mike's TR-2 060 [800x600].jpg
    Mike's TR-2 060 [800x600].jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,618
  • Mike's TR-2 033 [800x600].jpg
    Mike's TR-2 033 [800x600].jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 1,590

Hallett

Reaction score
Looks like that would be Mike's bad ass Cole.
:thumbsup

ColeTR2

Reaction score
I Completely Re-Anodized Re-Chrome and Re-Polished everything in the boat 2 years ago. All New Hardware, Original Paint, 22 gears, 11x16 RB Prop, Trailer Repainted Two years ago with new Stainless Steel Fenders, New Carpet on bunks and fender pads. New Tires, I Have a Matching second Seat for it. Less Motor 12K - Mike 562-659-5766

Wheeler

Reaction score
Hey Mike! I think you should place this in the classified section. :thumbsup

ColeTR2

Reaction score
Don't really want to sell it that bad LOL... Been good flying weather here in P town you're missing it ... :cool:

Oz Dude

Reaction score
Dude, that boat is sensational!

you guys are lucky you're allowed to run with zoomies. That would get shut down and fined at the ramp here by the fun police :(

Nice to see you giving it a clean run to start the day :party2:

Oz:thumbsup:thumbsup

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
"Allowed" is such an odd word...

Able to get away with would be better;) During the week, not to early, but not to late, and sure dont get to run for long:smackbum:

We have to deal w/ some fairly strict noise regulations, but as they say, it's only illegal if you get caught:skull

Wheeler

Reaction score
Dude, that boat is sensational!

you guys are lucky you're allowed to run with zoomies. That would get shut down and fined at the ramp here by the fun police :(

Oz:thumbsup:thumbsup

Boat Cop has that picture and others on his desk, he's patiently waiting for their return. :eek:

Attachments

• Boat Dock, Parker etc.- Havasu. 290.jpg
    Boat Dock, Parker etc.- Havasu. 290.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 1,064
  • K-Boat 011 [Desktop Resolution].jpg.jpeg
    K-Boat 011 [Desktop Resolution].jpg.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Thurs. Morning 009.jpg
    Thurs. Morning 009.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 1,059

ColeTR2

Reaction score
Dude, that boat is sensational! you guys are lucky you're allowed to run with zoomies. That would get shut down and fined at the ramp here by the fun police :(

In AZ you can get a test and tune permit to run a race boat on the river. Plus this part of the colorado river has a lot of history with racing boats. The police here try to be sensitive i guess is the word... To maintain balance between people just being stupid noisy at stupid hours of the day. And maintaining the history of this place being known for high performance boats and keeping that history alive. Boatcop once stopped me with Zoomies and saw i had mufflers in each pipe. No ticket... It was his discretion... He could of given me a ticket but he didn't... He saw I was making a effort to reduce noise. I try to manage the noise of my boat along with its wake in noise sensitive areas. I don't run it in the densely populated areas #1 and #2 drive it at a reasonable hour of the day. I do the same thing when I'm riding my Dirt Bike, Harley or Airplane. It's easy just roll off the throttle if you think you're going to disturb the peace.

Here is a picture of my zoomies with water and baffles. In my other Cole

Oz Dude

Reaction score
They use "discretion" here too. You can either have one large ticket or at their discretion, they'll just keep writing them...

There's one Azzhat here who rides around on a PWC so he can hide in places along the riverbank and wait for unsuspecting "criminals" to go by. He actually ticketed a friend of mine who put his boat in at his own private property, looped 50yards back around to the shore and stopped. What was the ticket for? Didn't have his licence on him. He offered to get it from the car that was still sitting on the ramp but was told unacceptable...

It's nice to see there are still reasonable folks out around your area who can appreciate boats like you have.

Nice boats :thumbsup:thumbsup

Oz

Reaction score
They use "discretion" here too. You can either have one large ticket or at their discretion, they'll just keep writing them...

There's one Azzhat here who rides around on a PWC so he can hide in places along the riverbank and wait for unsuspecting "criminals" to go by. He actually ticketed a friend of mine who put his boat in at his own private property, looped 50yards back around to the shore and stopped. What was the ticket for? Didn't have his licence on him. He offered to get it from the car that was still sitting on the ramp but was told unacceptable...

It's nice to see there are still reasonable folks out around your area who can appreciate boats like you have.

Nice boats :thumbsup:thumbsup

Oz

What license?

Wheeler

Reaction score
In AZ you can get a test and tune permit to run a race boat on the river. Plus this part of the colorado river has a lot of history with racing boats, you think you're going to disturb the peace? :D

Hey Mike! a friend is going to be running his Hemi powered Sanger in a couple of days, do you want to come over and run at the same time? :thumbsup

Last edited:

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
In AZ you can get a test and tune permit to run a race boat on the river. Plus this part of the colorado river has a lot of history with racing boats. The police here try to be sensitive i guess is the word... To maintain balance between people just being stupid noisy at stupid hours of the day. And maintaining the history of this place being known for high performance boats and keeping that history alive. Boatcop once stopped me with Zoomies and saw i had mufflers in each pipe. No ticket... It was his discretion... He could of given me a ticket but he didn't... He saw I was making a effort to reduce noise. I try to manage the noise of my boat along with its wake in noise sensitive areas. I don't run it in the densely populated areas #1 and #2 drive it at a reasonable hour of the day. I do the same thing when I'm riding my Dirt Bike, Harley or Airplane. It's easy just roll off the throttle if you think you're going to disturb the peace.

Way cool Mike, great thoughts. We try to be 'tasteful' also when we run the TR2; We're mainly weekend folk so as you know, there's a ton more people around and it has to be a crack of dawn deal for safety. We make every effort to make the passes just below your place or where there isn't a habitated side of the river. Good comment on the local authorities also. Being a resident since 1980, it is very apparant they too are proud of the Strip and it's Hi-Perf heritage. I also have been politely advised but never ticketed for noise nor speed.
________
STORZ AND BICKEL

Attachments

• Cole TR2 Dragster.jpg
    Cole TR2 Dragster.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 456
  • Cole TR2.jpg
    Cole TR2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:

Staubi

Whiskey Tango Fox over
Reaction score
Thats gotta be one of the greatest sounds to wake up too, whether on vacation at a house on the river or at at my Granpa's place in Cienega Springs. My girlfriend hated it cause I'd wake up to the sound of a flatty comin up the river and run out side and sit on the dock to wait for it to pass by. I hope the stay resonable and keep the heritage alive

Wheeler

Reaction score
Thats gotta be one of the greatest sounds to wake up too, whether on vacation at a house on the river or at at my Granpa's place in Cienega Springs. My girlfriend hated it cause I'd wake up to the sound of a flatty comin up the river and run out side and sit on the dock to wait for it to pass by. I hope the stay resonable and keep the heritage alive

Not to worry, the cop's are still at the donut shop that early in the morning. :rolleyes:

Done Flippin

Reaction score

Please order me a permitt for Fri - Sunday!!

Wheeler

Reaction score
Don't really want to sell it that bad LOL... Been good flying weather here in P town you're missing it ... :cool:

It's most always good flying weather, wanna go in the morning? :thumbsup

If it don't rain. :D