WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blue Angels On A Low Fly Bye

KevinR

Reaction score
Dang. Thatโ€™s crazy.

Hope no one was hurt with flying easy ups crashing down!:eek:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
He could have achieved almost the same impact by doing that just over the water.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Wtf. If that was my easy up id be kinda pissed

nowski

Reaction score
Wait for it , wait for it...

Reminded me of a Delta ll test firing I attended in the hills over San Jose years ago. It was a vertical static test with all the heat shooting into the air. When the test was completed the heat sunk down to the hillside and instantly caught the whole hillside on fire in a split second. I was amazed at what I just witnessed in more ways than one...

nowski

Reaction score
FUUUUUCK!!!! Both those videos gave me goosebumps. THAT SHIT FIRES ME UP!!
AMERICA BABY!!!!!๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฒ

Breaking News: F35 Engine Shortage, can't make this stuff up...

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Many years ago the Angels were in town for the Mugu Air Show held the following day. On Friday afternoon I was east bound on Hueneme RD with our daughter and a little neighbor girl and here comes one of the BAs unbelievably low and slow right in front of us on his approach to Mugu. We pulled over and stopped, the 4 yr old hung herself half way out the passenger window and excitedly waved to the pilot. He was so close we could see him give her a Thumbs Up. That 4 yr old is now a VP honcho with Netflix. We recently spoke about this BA experience. She said OMG, she'll never forget it. Good Times for sure.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

Wtf. If that was my easy up id be kinda pissed

Or if your easy up landed on gradma or some kid.......

I LOOVE air shows been going since I been a kid.

Im always torn between closer louder and faster vs safer.
I watched a vulcan bomber crash at an air show as a kid.
Still plays back like film footage in my head.

skip to 19:32

Last edited:

Sleek Chode

Reaction score
I miss zinging over folks on the ranges out by Glamis or skirting the river headed north and just before Hoover spinning off to Vegas for gas. Pensacola beach goers know what they are in for when they go to that beach... thatโ€™s why they are there, catch a glimpse of the Blues or listen to the sound of freedom From the base near by. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
6AC406A6-31F3-4FFF-BDD6-5189731F569C.jpeg

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
I miss zinging over folks on the ranges out by Glamis or skirting the river headed north and just before Hoover spinning off to Vegas for gas. Pensacola beach goers know what they are in for when they go to that beach... thatโ€™s why they are there, catch a glimpse of the Blues or listen to the sound of freedom From the base near by. ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
View attachment 972501
If that was you that used to fly low along the river in Blythe that was always awesome. Riding along on stand up skis and something goes by above you and you flinch and then the noise a second later.

Sleek Chode

Reaction score
If that was you that used to fly low along the river in Blythe that was always awesome. Riding along on stand up skis and something goes by above you and you flinch and then the noise a second later.
It couldโ€™ve been, then again it could be so many different people. That is one of the approved low-level routes, and itโ€™s fun to start in Yuma and exit just close to Vegas. we had lots of good circles around Havasu looking at the bikini shows. LOL

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Getting buzzed at the dunes was definitely a welcomed treat. Couple of times time the pilot was in a barrel roll. Been buzzed while sitting on top of dunes and on gecko several times. Sleek chode if it was you, thanks! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydroman55

Reaction score
No Blue Angels but a story.
Years ago was driving across Death Valley to Vegas in my brand new Thunder Bird Super Coupe. Suddenly I hear a fucking explosion getting closer and closer, then a F-16 type jet fighter flies over the car (sun roof was open) approached from the rear following the road also, probably 40 feet above the car, never saw him coming (scared the shit out of me).
Then the cool part....pulls straight up pulls a big ass wing over and lines back up on the road this time approaching from the front about 2 miles out. At about 1/2 mile this guy dives at the car. Was cheering the whole time for this guy, America right there baby!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Years ago I was running a boat in the Adriatic Sea, we were pushed up stern to a tiny off shore Italian AGIP platform. Nice seas, sunny, enough breeze to extend our small US flag off the mast. I was operating from the exterior control station when a US F-16 skimmed right over the top of us, and dipped his wings out in front of us. My mate was cracking up and said, Cap by the time you ducked that plane was at least a mile in front of us. We saw the guy was US AF, likely out of Rimini Italy. We may have been the only US flag vessel in the entire Adriatic. Memorable salute to our boat. Great Memories.