WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Blue Top Legend thread

BingerFang

Reaction score
Im willing to bet the drain plug fell out because the way they drive it…. Not because someone wanted to steal it and couldn’t so they just pulled the drain plug instead… I could be wrong though.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
That was some excellent boat handling by the girl. She appeared to have outstanding natural abilities. Notice how stable she kept her head by properly using her legs. I agree with Tank. That Whaler wouldn't sink. As proven in the Whaler video, displayed for years at the LA Boat Show with a boat sawed in half.

Reactions: SJP

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Left our 18 Whaler Outrage in a friends slip for a few days once to rebuild the trailer.
it rained really good one night, homeowner calls the next day and says, 'Your boats sinking, there's a foot of water in it"!!!
I said, "Shit, I forgot to pull the drain plug, would you mind pulling it for me"? . . . he thought I was kidding and wanted it to fully sink ! LOL
I explained to him that it'll pop up and 99% of the water will drain-out except what's in the sump.
He called me back, and said he couldn't believe it. LOL. It's a trippy boat design for sure.
I've fished in it all day and forgot to put the plug in.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Surprised Boston Whaler and Yamaha have not given them a new boat....tons of positive free advertising from those two...

Tank

Reaction score
Surprised Boston Whaler and Yamaha have not given them a new boat....tons of positive free advertising from those two...
Yeah, I'd like to see what those girls would do in an 18' Outrage with a 150 merc on the back!! :oops::eek::cool:

Nothing flies quite like a Whaler. The hull catches the wind and floats it a bit. PLus they're so light. I love whalers, spent a lot of time on them when I was younger.

Example of their unsinkability. Notice the dock door is open and water is flooding in. They're self bailing hull so even if you leave the plug out and it rains, they will fill a bit but they wont sink.

454200248617b7669e5a96bd1bdbf7fa.jpg

Last edited:

clarence

Reaction score
Just looked at the 160 Super Sport.

Looks like a fun little boat.

bw160ssv2.jpeg

samsah33

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to see what those girls would do in an 18' Outrage with a 150 merc on the back!! :oops::eek::cool:

Nothing flies quite like a Whaler. The hull catches the wind and floats it a bit. PLus they're so light. I love whalers, spent a lot of time on them when I was younger.

Example of their unsinkability. Notice the dock door is open and water is flooding in. They're self bailing hull so even if you leave the plug out and it rains, they will fill a bit but they wont sink.

View attachment 1043191
We don't need no stinkin Flex Seal...!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Here's my little 1988 15 Whaler I restored.
Fun little boat for the Lower River.
I added a Bobs 5' manual Jackplate & run a 4-blade stainless prop, let's me run pretty shallow.
It's easy on the pocket book, my & Pops I ran from Site 6 to Pirate's last march on 2.5 gallons.
Oh Yeah, my buddy pranked me with the 'El Rollo' graphic after I flipped the boat in the surf, hence the restoration. 😝

IMG_0617_2.JPG

_EMB4324.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

Last edited:

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
That’s fun to watch….. I can see when the boat airs, she has motor and tabs in the perfect position.

Heres the funny part. That video is at least a week old.

For the last week…… it has been so flat outside that the Atlantic looks like a lake on Wednesday. FLAT

Ive been going out the inlet just to do donut circles…….

Taboma

Reaction score
That’s fun to watch….. I can see when the boat airs, she has motor and tabs in the perfect position.

Heres the funny part. That video is at least a week old.

For the last week…… it has been so flat outside that the Atlantic looks like a lake on Wednesday. FLAT

Ive been going out the inlet just to do donut circles…….

I just hope they get a video of you in the new "Tipsy Tiki" charging out to sea :oops: 😂

HST4ME

Reaction score
Scary moment here, can't believe they both stayed in the boat.

Shit..we had a 13 with a 40 on it when we were 12 years old and used to play at the river mouth into the Saginaw Bay. I don't know how many times we had that boat upside down or worse. They could do with a couple life lines though.

3 cyl yammie 2 strokes ftw. Those are awesome motors.

Taboma

Reaction score
Somebody buy that young lady at the helm a friggin burger or five.

I'm no longer a fan. 👎

It's all shits and giggles for her increasingly large audience of cheering internet fans.
What troubles me, both out of fear of serious injury or worse, but as a young internet influencer, her increasingly stupid shenanigan's are advocating dumb-ass boating behavior.
It's not like we need more idiot boaters on our waterways.

And yes I was a boating kid all through my youth and yes, I learned the hard way that it's all a shit's and giggle's, right up until suddenly it isn't.

I think this former "Blue Top" young lady is in a position to influence young boaters in a positive manner. By displaying proper helmsmanship and and large wave handling boating skills, but as we know, that doesn't bring internet fame, the fans are so quickly bored.
Internet popularity depends on being the most daring, audacious, idiotic, and then fans go crazy and you reap the rewards.
"Show me the blood" they scream !!!!!

What I really find interesting, is how so many of you RDPers, who are usually so critical of the actions of fellow boaters, especially potentially dangerous ones you feel are endangering you or your families, are not only condoning these actions, but praising her.

It seems many think the "Blue Top Girl" standing on top of the seat, precariously bent over the wheel, flying over large waves, is worthy of praise --- "Ride Em Blue Top Girl" 'Yippee Ki Yo Ki Yay'

I'm sure she'll be really cute after she eats the steering wheel and her new Boston Whaler takes a hard left and takes out another boat. :eek:

I'm sorry, early on I was a fan like many, I thought she displayed some real skill handling that inlet and whaler as she did --- but now, sorry I'm afraid all this fame is encouraging some really dumb-ass behavior.
I'm mostly afraid either her and or somebody else is going to learn a serious life-lesson, which has many of us know, can become a life altering event.
I of course hope I'm wrong.

sintax

Reaction score
The real question is, is she flying a “FJB flag”

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
EDIT: I guess I was late to the party. 😀

I saw yesterday they bought a bigger Whaler, and the Blue Top Legend is for sale.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Looks like they picked up a nice 18’ dauntless whaler. Sick ride. I’d rock that shit. 20-40k depending on year. This one looks like a late model though.

Those girls have a blast but I kinda agree with Taboma. Standing on the seat is a bit much. Running out and launching and playing in the surf… done it, it’s a blast! Can look a LOT worse than it actually is when you’re in the boat. Bit some of those videos the girls don’t look exactly secure 😳

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I find that the cameras help seasoned boaters make stupid decisions.

Lately, there are cameras everywhere. Everybody wants to have a YouTube channel. Haulover inlet has the most. Now it is venturing out. Boca Inlet being the one used by The Blue Top Legends.

Here’s what you won’t see…… Cameras at Hillsboro Inlet, unless footage comes from a boat. It is way to difficult to carry camera gear that far through the sand because there is no car parking anywhere even close.

You will rarely see footage of the incoming tide, which happens twice a day. It just doesn’t make as good of videos as the outgoing tide, whereas it stacks up at the opening for fun times and adventures! Lol

PlanB

Reaction score
We were doing shit like this in the surf in my dad's Zodiac when we were kids. Looks like she is having a good time to me...