WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Bluetooth Headunit for Golfcart

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Need a head unit for the golf cart. Just need to play music from phone, as in pandora or spotafi. Nothing crazy just some tunes. What do ya got.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

renodaytona

Reaction score
Walmart has a Kenwood units for less than $100. It's half the depth of a normal unit due to not taking CD's, they had it on the shelf when I grabbed it for my SXS..

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Are you running an external amp? Most head units have crappy internal amps especially the cheapies. You want to spend a little more on the head unit for better internals and not need a amp.

a few of my buddies just use the JBL Bluetooth speakers in their carts. Works really well

I did a Rockford PMX-2 in mine with no external amp (yet) it works well.

Singleton

Reaction score
We end up running some portable Bluetooth speakers in the golf cart.
was easier then headunit, speakers and amp. Might not be as cool, but make it easier

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I’m thinking of going with the Kenwood KMR-M328BT. Their website says it’s new, it is listed on a few sights but in not in stock anywhere. eBay has a couple but with an inflated price. I don’t know if it’s because it’s new, COVID, or if they stopped making them.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Are you running an external amp? Most head units have crappy internal amps especially the cheapies. You want to spend a little more on the head unit for better internals and not need a amp.

a few of my buddies just use the JBL Bluetooth speakers in their carts. Works really well

I did a Rockford PMX-2 in mine with no external amp (yet) it works well.

Not running an external amp. I want something quality. Just running two 6” Focals

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Almost all have Bluetooth. I assume the hole is a standard single din unit. You should be able to pick a decent Sony or pioneer around the $100 -$150 range. I would get something semi decent though since you’re not using an amp.