WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"Boardmanville" on IG Posted About This...Sad Deal

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Boardmanville posted, but I suck at pulling links from there. I found this though.

If you hear of anything at all, let the Sheriff's office know. This is horrible, and can't believe someone would leave these kids.
😢

yz450mm

Reaction score
Boardmanville posted, but I suck at pulling links from there. I found this though.

If you hear of anything at all, let the Sheriff's office know. This is horrible, and can't believe someone would leave these kids.
😢
I've lived in Apple Valley my whole life, and been riding since I was five. Stoddard Wells Road is the absolute last place I would ever ride, although I know some on here like it. I have my reasons, but that's not important in this thread.

Stoddard Wells Road itself serves as a high-speed back route out to Slash X (off road theme bar/restaurant south of Barstow), so it has a lot of traffic with alcohol involved and really shitty driving. RIP to the innocent child, and hopefully someone rats out the dickhead that did this.

I don't know of many orange side-by-sides, the only one I can think of would be a 2017 yxz 1000. When towing a trailer there's only two ways out of there, hopefully the sheriffs or somebody else posted up on either end to catch this person.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I've lived in Apple Valley my whole life, and been riding since I was five. Stoddard Wells Road is the absolute last place I would ever ride, although I know some on here like it. I have my reasons, but that's not important in this thread.

Stoddard Wells Road itself serves as a high-speed back route out to Slash X (off road theme bar/restaurant south of Barstow), so it has a lot of traffic with alcohol involved and really shitty driving. RIP to the innocent child, and hopefully someone rats out the dickhead that did this.

I don't know of many orange side-by-sides, the only one I can think of would be a 2017 yxz 1000. When towing a trailer there's only two ways out of there, hopefully the sheriffs or somebody else posted up on either end to catch this person.
I'm pretty familiar with the area, used to run up in Barstow in the late 90's. From what's been said, they found the orange hood plastic from a Rzr at the scene. SB Sheriff also had some calls reporting people coming into a camp, telling their party they had to "get out of here". They may have rolled out as responders were rolling in. With there being stories of a camp like that, means more people know something. The more that know, the better chances someone has a conscience.

It sounds like those on scene did what they could for the injured, and didn't chase down the dip shits. Good people now scarred.
The little girl's prognosis does not sound good either.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Low life bastards leaving two hurt kids lying in the dirt. Personally would like to find them myself. If someone in that camp doesn’t step up they are all just as guilty and should suffer the same fate.

Last edited:

zhandfull

Reaction score
Sad deal! Sounds like it’s just a matter of time till the hit and run suspect will be caught (I hope).

Feel terrible for the victims, family and friends impacted by the terrible crash.

Last edited:

yz450mm

Reaction score
Screenshot_20220704-215113_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220704-215128_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220704-215147_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220704-215314_Instagram.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-215147_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-215147_Instagram.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 25

rrrr

Reaction score
9pm? Two little kids on a quad, hate to say this but where was mom and dad?
Does that Chinese quad have lights? As for their age and the time of day, it's hard to say what was going on without more details.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think that quad has lights, but isn't meant for two. There are lots of bad choices going on...but, as happens all too much, lessons can't be learned from if you don't survive. The kids were too young to know better, so there is some blame, and a lot of guilt I'm sure. No matter the case beforehand, the driver of the larger atv didn't stop. If the kids turned out in front of the oncoming vehicle, they'd be at fault...but they're still humans deserving of compassion.

Singleton

Reaction score
UPDATED 07.06.22 @ 7am - the little girl has not passed. She is on life support with very limited brain activity :(
My original report was from one of the 10 or so off-road recovery groups I belong to and help, where someone posted she passed yesterday morning

————————.

:(

If the SXS had a passenger, I hope they talk. The individual who did this needs to serve time (and end up dead in prison).

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Been reported the girl passed this morning :(

If the SXS had a passenger, I hope they talk. The individual who did this needs to serve time (and end up dead in prison).
RIP little ones.

Like I said in my other thread, rough weekend.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Been reported the girl passed this morning :(

Fuck I hate holiday weekends. How sad. 😔😔

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
It is sad, but as @ONE-A-DAY has stated, tons of questions why.
  • Why were 2 kids on 1 quad
  • Why were these kids out after sunset and did the quad have a light
  • Why were these kids a mile or so from camp without an adult having eyes on them
irrelevant questions

The real question is why would someone leave the scene of an accident

Singleton

Reaction score
irrelevant questions

No one is going to like the answer, but my gut says driver was drunk and ran scared.
Whoever the driver camped with has to know that something bad occurred. Someone will talk, the guilt of knowing someone you camp with killed 2 kids will make someone talk.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
No one is going to like the answer, but my gut says driver was drunk and ran scared.
Whoever the driver camped with has to know that something bad occurred. Someone will talk, the guilt of knowing someone you camp with killed 2 kids will make someone talk.
I really hope someone in that camp has at least a little bit of humanity. Maybe they'll come home to their own sister or niece, son or cousin, and it hits them like a ton of bricks.

Although I feel horrible about the little girl passing as well, part of me feels that it may be for her best. It's messed up to think that way, but from what was said, I feared she'd spend the rest of her life as a prisoner in her own body. What's best, or better, for the family or the girl, I don't know. At this point, I don't know if there were "good" outcomes.

Rest In Peace little one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
  • Why were these kids a mile or so from camp without an adult having eyes on them

My kids go way farther than a mile when we are out in the desert. They are usually in groups of 3 or more though. Also we go out mostly in Parker so there's isn't a lot of traffic.

I told the story when I took them for a ride to show them independence... Took them far enough away they couldn't see camp and thought it would be a big deal. I stopped because I was concerned how far we were and their ability to ride all the way back. I'm telling them how great it is to explore.. My son kept raising his hand. Finally I said what? he said "Dad we go way farther than this.. I was dumbfounded.

To whomever this is that hit these kids, I would hope they get caught. I can't believe someone would leave kids out in the desert like that, just terrible.

RD

Singleton

Reaction score
My kids go way farther than a mile when we are out in the desert. They are usually in groups of 3 or more though. Also we go out mostly in Parker so there's isn't a lot of traffic.

I told the story when I took them for a ride to show them independence... Took them far enough away they couldn't see camp and thought it would be a big deal. I stopped because I was concerned how far we were and their ability to ride all the way back. I'm telling them how great it is to explore.. My son kept raising his hand. Finally I said what? he said "Dad we go way farther than this.. I was dumbfounded.

To whomever this is that hit these kids, I would hope they get caught. I can't believe someone would leave kids out in the desert like that, just terrible.

RD

We roll differently.
My kid (10yo) never rides past sunset and only goes in a group that has an adult (usually cruising in the SXS) or someone experienced. Plus all riders have race radios in the helmet. When alone the kids must stay within eye site of the camp - it helps we do most of our quad camping at The Dip, so the kids can ride the hills or track and be within eyesight.

Starting to think another kid driving the SXS hit these kids. Either way, whoever this evil F is, they need to be located.

Last edited:

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
9pm on Stoddard Wells Rd. (within the OHV area) with no supervision? That is an accident waiting to happen.

The POS who was operating the RZR will be caught.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Rest in peace young man, prayers for the young girl.
Some one in the driver's group will give him up. Pretty sure my group wouldn't back me on something like this. How could anyone expect this after, all the details on social media.

rrrr

Reaction score

Seriously? This forum has quite a few members that have purchased small quads and dirt bikes for their kids. I doubt those children ride supervised 100% of the time. A mile is four or five minutes away on a quad. There's nothing irresponsible or wrong about allowing kids to ride out of sight on marked trails in a designated off road area.

No one knows how the crash occurred. The kids could have been doing nothing wrong at all. Since the RZR driver left those kids dead and dying, that suggests he was at fault.

4Waters

Reaction score
This story is on Fox 11 LA this morning, if his group didn't know what happened they will.

They are saying she is still alive but on life support with a severed spine

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
This story is on Fox 11 LA this morning, if his group didn't know what happened they will.

They are saying she is still alive but on life support with a severed spine
Yep.
I got confirmation late last night that the report I saw she had passed was inaccurate. I will be updating my post this am.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
irrelevant questions

The questions above and the question of why would someone leave the scene are not mutually exclusive.

2 things can be true at once, this person is a shitbag that needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for what he/she did. There is also a learning opportunity for other parents (or soon to be parents) of little ones who will be enjoying the desert.

Growing up I had similar rules to what Singleton talked about. If there wasn't an adult with us, we had to be within sight of camp. We would burn in a nice track after the hours and hours of laps we would put down. After the sun went down, the only riding that happened was group night rides with 10+ people, all with lights. This was pre-sxs days, I'd imagine my kids will only be on night rides riding shotgun with me or my wife in the cage.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
irrelevant questions

whats even more sad,... no laws were broke till they left the sceane.... even now, only crime was not giving aide to injured...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
The questions above and the question of why would someone leave the scene are not mutually exclusive.

2 things can be true at once, this person is a shitbag that needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for what he/she did. There is also a learning opportunity for other parents (or soon to be parents) of little ones who will be enjoying the desert.

Growing up I had similar rules to what Singleton talked about. If there wasn't an adult with us, we had to be within sight of camp. We would burn in a nice track after the hours and hours of laps we would put down. After the sun went down, the only riding that happened was group night rides with 10+ people, all with lights. This was pre-sxs days, I'd imagine my kids will only be on night rides riding shotgun with me or my wife in the cage.
gotta love it when you hit one of those worm tracks.......

camp areas should be a dustless speed... I've packed up and left dumont when campers next to us sent their kids out to race around our rv ...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
irrelevant questions

Nope it’s not. You wouldn’t send 2 kids out on a single person jet ski at night with no life jackets. 2 kids on a single person kid quad with no lighted whip at dusk on a holiday weekend is a bad idea.

This is a sad deal. Not the kids fault obviously, but lots of mistakes made led to a horrible outcome.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

camp areas should be a dustless speed... I've packed up and left dumont when campers next to us sent their kids out to race around our rv ...

To an extent we have to be okay with dust when you are camping in the desert. When I see kids burning a track in it makes me smile and I don't give a shit about the dust. If it's some jackoff with their recently financed sxs doing donuts by camp, that's a different conversation.

Singleton

Reaction score
Seriously? This forum has quite a few members that have purchased small quads and dirt bikes for their kids. I doubt those children ride supervised 100% of the time. A mile is four or five minutes away on a quad. There's nothing irresponsible or wrong about allowing kids to ride out of sight on marked trails in a designated off road area.

No one knows how the crash occurred. The kids could have been doing nothing wrong at all. Since the RZR driver left those kids dead and dying, that suggests he was at fault.

I have stricter rules then most. Then again, I also had a child (he was 14 at the time) out on a ride on his quad and wrecked while camping with papa and grandma. He made it back to camp and was told to rest, thinking he had a broken rib. Just so happens my wife and I were traveling, to camp the weekend with them. When we arrived, it was 4 hours after the accident and something was off. I took him to urgent care in Granby, CO. Within 5 minutes he coded and was on a life flight within 30 to Denver. Two emergency surgeries, a dr telling you 75% of your sons blood volume was in his abdomen and he would of died in his sleep if I did not do what I did, an open incision for 4 days to verify burst laceration in liver, spleen and GI track stopped bleeding, 14 days in ICU, 20 days total in the hospital changes your approach.

Hell, most are shocked we even let our daughter ride knowing what our son went through. 7 years later and we can’t get him to ride. He used to love it.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
yeah,
To an extent we have to be okay with dust when you are camping in the desert. When I see kids burning a track in it makes me smile and I don't give a shit about the dust. If it's some jackoff with their recently financed sxs doing donuts by camp, that's a different conversation.
it's pretty much that way everywhere... fuc every one else...were having fun... don't wanna get water blasted... don't go through the channel... pretty much why we boat and off road durring the week... no respect for others anymore...

Singleton

Reaction score

agreed but… don’t park next to the burned in track or right outside the main riding area and expect no dust.
riding around camp is as close to dustless as you can get. We normally are parked 1/4 or 1/2 mile from the track or hills at Superstition (CA).

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I have stricter rules then most. Then again, I also had a child (he was 14 at the time) out on a ride on his quad and wrecked while camping with papa and grandma. He made it back to camp and was told to rest, thinking he had a broken rib. Just so happens my wife and I were traveling to camp the weekend with them. When we arrived, it was 4 hours after the accident and something was off. I took him to urgent care in Granby, CO. Within 5 minutes he coded and was on a life flight within 30 to Denver. Two emergency surgeries, a dr telling you 75% of your sons blood volume was in his abdomen and he would of died in his sleep if I did not do what I did, an open incision for 4 days to verify burst laceration in liver, spleen and GI track stopped bleeding, 14 days in ICU, 20 days total in the hospital changes your approach.

Hell, most are shocked we even let our daughter ride knowing what our son went through. 7 years later and We can’t get him to ride. He used to love it.

My family has a similar story (although not quite as serious) my cousin was jumping one of the step-ups off pole line rd in ocotillo and cased it pretty badly, went over the bars. As he was going over the bars his groin hit the triple clamps. Everyone thought he had broken his femur, huge bruise and swelling, helicopter flight out. Get to the hospital and discover that his femur wasn't broken, but that he ruptured a branch off of his femoral artery (not the actual femoral, or he would have been dead within minutes) and was in serious risk of bleeding out.

The desert is a dangerous place, we all accept a risk when we go out there. By the same token, we shouldn't put others in recklessly in harms way.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
but don't mind me,... I come from a time when we would camp in one spot.... and race in another...... we would do things like sit around the camp fire and enjoy BB/Q meal.... but we quit doing stuff like that so we could sit and watch people doing doughnuts around our camp...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
agreed but… don’t park next to the burned in track or right outside the main riding area and expect no dust.
riding around camp is as close to dustless as you can get. We normally are parked 1/4 or 1/2 mile from the track or hills at Superstition (CA).
I always camp as far away from everybody I can......usually takes an hour or so before some one parks next to me with 10 kids on quads making a new worm track... thats why I don't go to glamis or dumont any more... and for some reason,... it's always cal people... the we can do anything we want, don't like it leave.... the no respect for others as they all think they will never see you again...

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I have said it before and I will say it again the side by side is the easiest thing to finance 650 credit score and your good to go people who have no business being behind the wheel of a utv go out one time and think they are Robby Gordon we have a family friend in the insurance game and he says they are trying to not insure these anymore because of all the claims they are getting or if they do insure them they are making you pay out the ass for insurance which sucks for the people who are responsible

Yldboyz

Reaction score
whats even more sad,... no laws were broke till they left the sceane.... even now, only crime was not giving aide to injured...

We don't know that for sure, the driver could have been under the influence... which means they broke the law when they put the key in the ignition.

Singleton

Reaction score
I always camp as far away from everybody I can......usually takes an hour or so before some one parks next to me with 10 kids on quads making a new worm track... thats why I don't go to glamis or dumont any more... and for some reason,... it's always cal people... the we can do anything we want, don't like it leave.... the no respect for others as they all think they will never see you again...
It’s not just CA folks. I have found it to be those folks that have little to no pride in ownership.
Almost everyone I camp with are CA folks, but almost everyone is retired military or PD.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Damn how did a thread like this turn into, Californians on financed sxs's with water blasters???

wallnutz

Reaction score
We don't know that for sure, the driver could have been under the influence... which means they broke the law when they put the key in the ignition.
Unfortunately hard to prove now if he or she was under the influence and to what extent.