WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat Accident

Foscheck

Reaction score
Anyone know about a tour boat vs. toon accident near the sand bar today?

Enen

Reaction score
One of those tour boats that run up to Laughlin?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I just read on havasu scanner feed the paramedics and fire dept. were dispatched to Windsor, for an accident involving a pontoon. Didn't say what the toon hit

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I just listened to the whole posted scanner feed, it did say "tour boat VS pontoon boat at sandbar". Multiple people with minor injuries. One serious injury being transported to Windsor

riverroyal

Reaction score
The blue havasu jet boat thing? That just started going up there. I saw that boat a few weeks ago. In my opinion it's a nuisance to that particular area. Not enough room, but oh well
Hope everyone is ok. That would suck to be hurt up there. Long ways to help

2Driver

Reaction score
Im sorry I dont see an out for this. Someone Fd up.

hold_j

Reaction score
Saw the London jet tour boat with 4 sheriffs boats around it right below the sandbar. Assumed there was some kind of accident

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I wonder what caused the pontoon to make a sudden turn?

Raffit78

Reaction score
Evasive action to try and avoid the BUI checkpoint.

I don't know if this was sarcastic, but I didn't notice those buoys heading towards topock in the morning. It was very busy on the water and when I was in that area. I was pretty nervous about the boats going 50-60 dodging the slower traffic. This was by far the most disorganized bs I have seen. I would like to see how the public would react placing a dui checkpoint on any freeway with 2 tiny orange cones before the checkpoint.

cofooter

Reaction score
I don't know if this was sarcastic, but I didn't notice those buoys heading towards topock in the morning. It was very busy on the water and when I was in that area. I was pretty nervous about the boats going 50-60 dodging the slower traffic. This was by far the most disorganized bs I have seen. I would like to see how the public would react placing a dui checkpoint on any freeway with 2 tiny orange cones before the checkpoint.

Just a dumb joke. Sounds like it was quite the mess, though!

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
it was CRAZY on Saturday...launched at Jacks, were at Pirates for a good part of the day... then headed to the gorge for a while, then got off the water at 5pm...

while driving the right side as close as comfortable... WFO 40ish in my rollbar boat... I was passed TWICE on the right side..... did I mention that I thought I was on the right side of the river?????

It felt like caddyshack.... the only thing missing was some wakesurfer.... shit...didnt even need a boat... the swells were 3'ish... LOL

glad that one and done is over...my DIL likes to sit on her ASS all day at Pirates cove... (me, I really don't get it????) i didn't ski, wakeboard or wakesurf all day... not my thing...:grumble:

rrrr

Reaction score
...while driving the right side as close as comfortable... WFO 40ish in my rollbar boat... I was passed TWICE on the right side..... did I mention that I thought I was on the right side of the river?????

You won't get any sympathy here. According to some, you were impeding guys driving boats that make Havasu what it is. If you thought they were too close it's just your inexperience showing.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
You won't get any sympathy here. According to some, you were impeding guys driving boats that make Havasu what it is. If you thought they were too close it's just your inexperience showing.

Not that I want it , but let them have their fun , speed limit is coming.

CLA

Reaction score
Not that I want it , but let them have their fun , speed limit is coming.

Because the tour boat crashed into a pontoon boat? Speed must of been a factor. Slow speed. LOL.

Reactions: DWC

CLA

Reaction score
Wonder what kind of "wrench" it threw into the BUI stop. Lots of cop boats at the crash.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Wonder what kind of "wrench" it threw into the BUI stop. Lots of cop boats at the crash.

Guessing it just slowed down the process for everyone getting stopped

Reactions: CLA

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Because the tour boat crashed into a pontoon boat? Speed must of been a factor. Slow speed. LOL.

As I said, I don't want it but an accident on the river looks just like a bad hop single in the scorebook. The powers that be just keep adding them up.

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score

noted, 41 years of driving boats... = inexperience

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
And I was just being funny, mainly because I have been exposed to rrrr's "sarcasm" , and have come to appreciate it :D

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
I just need a FASTER boat, so I can pass slower boats on the right, thru the Reeds...