WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Boat accident :(

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
463DCFFF-19D6-4D45-8B8D-2DEA8C7CE61D.jpeg

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Terrible news. Hope the best for everyone. But it looks like a life was lost. So sad. 😟

Mototrig

Reaction score
No no no! One soul lost so far 😔 🙏🙏🙏🙏 praying for all involved and their families.

Everything I took for granted the last few weeks flashed through my head while reading this.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I knew it was a bad deal. Looked like all hands on deck with responders.

Sad yet stupid, traveling at speed after dark is foolish.

That area is kind of elusive at night because you have the city lights against the blackness of the lake. It washes out a lot of navigational aides at night. Need to take caution.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
How about wake less speed after dark? As was said above, been there myself, the city backdrop is VERY hard at night on navigation.

Singleton

Reaction score
How about wake less speed after dark? As was said above, been there myself, the city backdrop is VERY hard at night on navigation.

that is how I was raised and educated by my grandfather in WI when he taught me how to drive the boat @ 8yo.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We did the Topock66 full moon run last year, even with a good moon it’s a mind fuck if your going fast trying to determine what is a boat and what isn’t. We came all the way back just off plane, no way it was safe to go any faster.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
We did the Topock66 full moon run last year, even with a good moon it’s a mind fuck if your going fast trying to determine what is a boat and what isn’t. We came all the way back just off plane, no way it was safe to go any faster.

We had a group of boats that did this years ago. Totally sketchy!
If it weren’t for Faulkner’s color plotter and maga spot lights on his CC, we would have been sleeping in the boat till dawn.
The gourge at night ..... I’ll take a hard pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I know it was close to a full moon last night. Never been one for night boating. I assume it's not like dune running on a full moon?

PlanB

Reaction score
The full moon helps to see at night but it depends on the position of the moon, and what direction you are traveling. Going towards the moon visibility is good, but the moon at your back makes visibility a lot less.

We only go 10-15 MPH at night, and we don't do it often. I have a chart plotter as well, but collisions is what I worry about.

cofooter

Reaction score
I'm paranoid as hell going out at night. I rarely do it. I'm more afraid of someone else hitting me.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I used to go out on the Delta quite a bit at night. But I’ll be honest as I got older I became more nervous and we stopped going. Prayers for all involved.

grumpy88

Reaction score
We used to boat a lot at night in parker and I agree with everything that has been said . I will add though almost every time we do I almost always come across somebody floating with no lights or lights not working .

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I'm paranoid as hell going out at night. I rarely do it. I'm more afraid of someone else hitting me.
I've done it only a few times for a very short run and each time my head felt like the spinny thingie on top of those radar unit.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
We used to boat a lot at night in parker and I agree with everything that has been said . I will add though almost every time we do I almost always come across somebody floating with no lights or lights not working .

Same. We used to go to the bars at night all the time. You do see idiots without lights on the water. They will kill you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
Dang, this is terrible news. RIP

707dog

Reaction score
I used to go out on the Delta quite a bit at night. But I’ll be honest as I got older I became more nervous and we stopped going. Prayers for all involved.
did it a few times while out fishing and at the lake... but i lost a buddy there at mandaville he was trying to get back to BW at night made the wrong turn lets just say we buried him 2 weeks later i vowed to not night boat after that

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
did it a few times while out fishing and at the lake... but i lost a buddy there at mandaville he was trying to get back to BW at night made the wrong turn lets just say we buried him 2 weeks later i vowed to not night boat after that

Sorry to hear that, just not worth the potential of a bad outcome. I stopped many years ago.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
As my wife always say's, nothing good happens in the dark unless one is in bed!! :)

98special

Reaction score
Powell was lit by a huge full moon last night, still wouldn't do it.